Next Player to be traded ???

marck

I don't see any more trades, really.

Maybe if someone calls us for a guy not likely to make the roster. I think Ford would have made the final 53 with how he's played in camp this year. I don't see anyone else like that that I think they'll trade.

If a great enough offer comes, who knows, but my guess is we're done. 

If forced to guess I'd say maybe OJ Howard but I don't really think it happens.

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Read article the other day, stated how game started off with Digg,s Davis and McKenzie.  As soon as Diggs left he game Crowder took his spot and McKenzie moved outside and Crowder in slot.  Sounds like Crowder is their total #4 WR, so doubtful they'd let him go.

Oh, yeah, I think Crowder is in their plans, both inside and outside.

Edited by Thurman#1

13 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Moss. They seem to be giving him the Sammy Watkins treatment

I seriously doubt it.  He’s the 3rd and 1 option so Josh doesn’t have to keep doing it.  He won’t have tons of carries, but may get lots of TD opportunities.

If anything, we might trade a Defensive End as we’re going to need to cut some and a team End starving might bite on 5th or 6th.  Beane knows the cap will explode, but we have some expensive contracts coming due as well.  We need some cheap talent.

13 hours ago, Logic said:

I dunno, man.

I've done exactly that and, sure, I had to be ejected from the Home Depot pants-less and and shrieking, but I STILL wouldn't have traded Josh Allen.

Should've just gone to Walmart.  You'd have blended right in.

• Haha (+1) 1

Tyler Matakevich ?  The two rookies LB stay then and Bills can save some cap $$$

Just now, hemma said:

Maybe Matakevitch.  Wouldn’t get a lot though.

It’s his last contract year, would clear a fair amount of room and Spector may be able to replace him on coverage units.

lol  just posted same

• Like (+1) 1

I think Matakevich is a cut candidate. Bills media talks about him like he's a roster lock, and maybe he is, but I think the $2.5M in cap savings is being overlooked.

Bills could think to themselves they have Spector for one third the price. They also have the insurance policy of Andre Smith after his 6 week suspension, who's also a lot cheaper 

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

I think Matakevich is a cut candidate. Bills media talks about him like he's a roster lock, and maybe he is, but I think the $2.5M in cap savings is being overlooked.

Bills could think to themselves they have Spector for one third the price. They also have the insurance policy of Andre Smith after his 6 week suspension, who's also a lot cheaper 

The fact that he, Jones and Neal were all sat down last week and the coverage units have struggled a tad in pre-season makes it extremely unlikely that any of those 3 are not on the roster. 

This place is hilarious. 

No one is trading for a RB we picked up off the scrap heap or an UDFA RB who is destined for the practice squad. 

Crowder is not getting traded 

Moss is not getting traded 

Lawson is not getting traded 

No one is trading for pre season hero Mike Love 

No one is trading for OJ Howard and his guaranteed salary

Other GMs know we have some tough decisions coming up. We are going to lose guys to other teams because we are stacked. Lewis, McCloud, Hodgins, Bryant all come to mind. 

It's a good problem to have. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Hodgins.   He'll never be a # 1 or #2, IMO. 

They've been showing him off all pre-season.   Could get a 4th or maybe a 3rd?   

Maybe a 6th or 7th... He's often injured and a bit slow.. I don't see anyone giving up much if anything to acquire him.

• Agree 1

I'd say Crowder, Johnson, & Moss could be players they could get something for & clear a bit of cap space while doing it Beane gets players in the draft & FA that are really good players and the likes of these guys can be replaced by a lower contract amount & could get the same or better performance for that money for a longer period of time. 

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Moss would be my choice by default because I hate the idea of doing this RB by committee crap yet again when Singletary has proven himself and Cook will be pushing him for snaps as it is. This is still going to be a pass first team with Allen also eating on the ground and you can't split carries between 3 guys anymore.

And considering how Ford has been showcased in hindsight, get the sense that's what they are trying to do with guys like Moss and Epenesa as well.

Only issue is that Singletary will be gone next year in FA.  Moss has 2 years left on his rookie contract and will be cheap for 2 more seasons and then we get Cook for 4 seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.