McDermott and Beane press conferences 4/20

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

These are the things I expected to hear about Tre.....and they better plan for him not to be starting opening game

I thought he wasn't expected back until mid season at the earliest. Even when he comes back it will take time for him to get back to his standard play. He hasn't played at all since last Thanksgiving. No offseason activity with mini camp, training camp, preseason games. It might not be until the playoffs before Tre starts playing like his usual self.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Hinted at possibly a trade in the draft?

Said something along the lines of hopefully Brandon can get us higher up when asked about waiting til #25 and then possibly two spots (though he appeared to be joking)

Later on he said or wherever we pick

😈

• YoloinOhio changed the title to McDermott and Beane press conferences 4/20
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Personally, I would love a trade down if we can pickup maybe a second and third this year or even multiple seconds (like Atlanta) this year.  

Draft is rich in 2nd and third rounds IMO this year in areas that can really help the team.  

Or even an extra first next year could be big too.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

So who should we be mad at for not showing up besides Poyer? Is there a list of deadbeats somewhere who are too lazy to get in shape to win a superbowl or do we need to piece this together?

McKenzie is in LA doing America’s  Got Talent so he’s not there. Haven’t seen diggs. Is Hyde there?

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he ever has 32 grades he is doing it wrong! 

And also Brandon is is not "less" it is "fewer". Come on man.

Common man...give him a break.  It's not rocket surgery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I thought he wasn't expected back until mid season at the earliest. Even when he comes back it will take time for him to get back to his standard play. He hasn't played at all since last Thanksgiving. No offseason activity with mini camp, training camp, preseason games. It might not be until the playoffs before Tre starts playing like his usual self.

He has to learn to trust the stability and trying to push it too fast could result in setbacks or new injuries.  No putting the pressure on his plate while he regains his previous conditioning and can trust the injury is repaired and stable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just want proper English eball. We gave you lot a beautiful language. And you vandalise it on a regular basis. 

I mean that's kind of like complaining that we vandalized a wall by adding yet another layer of graffiti to a wall already covered in it.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One thing that was telling at the 29:20 mark of Beane's presser:  He said we didn't have any issues of finger pointing or blame at the end of the season.  No offense blaming defense or defense blaming offense.  No players blaming coaches or coaches blaming players.  It was players looking in the mirror and everyone looking at doing their part and getting back to work.   He credited the culture that McD has set up.   I'll take Beane's word as gospel over any reporter trying to stir the pot.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, Von Millar, quite the personality.

Thinking of an angle to raise chickens and market them for wings, he has the right name recognition and right personality.

Be some kinda pistachio wing sauce to make it a joint enterprise of Miller's chicken farm and the Allen pistachio crops once his orchards start producing --  seems like there could be some kind of future there.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Be some kinda pistachio wing sauce to make it a joint enterprise of Miller's chicken farm and the Allen pistachio crops once his orchards start producing --  seems like there could be some kind of future there.

And Diggs Blue Cheese wing dip ? !

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.