Rams taking calls re: Robert Woods

ny33

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Love Bob, but again, what can he do at 29 and coming off a torn ACL that Davis can’t? Gabe earned this shot, hopefully the team gives it to him.

I don’t think Gabe has earned the Number#2 spot. He doesn’t have good, quick feet to cut on a dime. Obviously, he knows where his feet are at all times as his sideline dances have become the stuff of legend, but he lopes  which doesn’t translate to quick breaks. At this point, I don’t think he can even learn to be clever enough with his feet -ala Diggs/Beasley- to be a complete receiving threat worthy of a Numer#2 WR. To me, he’s Beebe on steroids.

ergo, Woods is better.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

• Paul Costa changed the title to Robert Woods Trade ?
8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

He couldn’t get out of Buffalo quick enough …

He wanted to go back home as he is from LA.  What was wrong with that? A lot of people would jump at the chance to play for their hometown team where they grew up.

45 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Love Bob, but again, what can he do at 29 and coming off a torn ACL that Davis can’t? Gabe earned this shot, hopefully the team gives it to him.

One of the better router runners, One of the better run blockers for a WR.

The Bills run a lot of 4 WR sets and currently have Davis, Diggs, and Gadget Mckenzie.

I think that's good enough. no?

9 hours ago, uninja said:

All things considered it worked out alright for him. 

I try not to hate on players too much for making business decisions. He was a good dude when he was here. 

to be fair…IIRC he came out of USC and  was from California..

• Agree 1

I love Bob Woods. But his current contract is too high for us. And honestly, until this off season, probably too high in general. He’d have to sign a new deal. 

That said, the current WR is all out of whack, and $17M is probably not crazy far off. 

Watching the WR market, I think we’re going to have to start drafting guys higher more often to keep costs low. 

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Woods grew up and played High School Football in Southern California. He was a College Superstar at the University of Southern California. So when the LA Rams of Southern California came calling with a massive contract, he wanted to go home.

He wasn't unhappy in Buffalo. Wasn't a jerk here. Never said anything bad about the fans or the area. He's just a Southern Cali boy who had an opportunity to go back to Southern Cali. 

As a matter of fact, he had good things to say about Buffalo today:

I'm so glad you posted this.  Robert Woods NEVER (that I am aware of) has said anything negative about playing in Buffalo.  He played on a crap offense here with crap QBs and still gave it his all.  There is absolutely no reason to blame him for leaving as a FA to LA when his rookie contract expired.  None.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He got a much higher offer. When our QB was still Tyrod. His last year here was Rex's last year.

We were being crushed by the cap and the necessity to dump a ton of contracts to clean up the cap. Their offer just wasn't close to L.A.'s  How can you blame him? Especially on a second contract, nearly anyone in the league is going to go with an offer that's much higher.

I love him, I totally understand why he left, I'd love to see him here again but it ain't gonna happen. Having brought in Von Miller, we're very very unlikely to bring in more higher-level contracts.

My hope for receiver right now is from the draft. It's a great year for draft WRs. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an FA WR but at a lowish- to medium-level contract.

He didn’t want to be here.  He was going to LA regardless.  I don’t blame him either.

agree, draft a WR in the first 3 rounds, maybe @ 25

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Woods grew up and played High School Football in Southern California. He was a College Superstar at the University of Southern California. So when the LA Rams of Southern California came calling with a massive contract, he wanted to go home.

He wasn't unhappy in Buffalo. Wasn't a jerk here. Never said anything bad about the fans or the area. He's just a Southern Cali boy who had an opportunity to go back to Southern Cali. 

As a matter of fact, he had good things to say about Buffalo today:

Yeah I realize that.  My point was.  He wanted to go home…… he didn’t want to be here. He wanted to be in LA.  And I don’t blame him.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

One of the better router runners, One of the better run blockers for a WR.

The Bills run a lot of 4 WR sets and currently have Davis, Diggs, and Gadget Mckenzie.

I think that's good enough. no?

$$, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I doubt he’d wanna come back to Buffalo. He’s a west coast guy…..I see him getting released and signing with the 49ers, Chargers, Cardinals or Seahawks.

Yeah at the time he left, everyone was ripping the Bills for not resigning him, but recall reading he wanted to go to a west coast team so don't think the Bills really had much of a chance.  Maybe now that itch is gone and he would consider coming back.  The other big difference between then and now is we no longer suck.

If the Bills still have plans to add a vet, I'd kind of like to see them go after Marques Valdez Slandling(SP) from Green Bay.  He's kind of a burner which is one thing the Bills are lacking and would come cheaper than Woods.  Per Spotrac his value is $8.7 mil, that was likely on Tuesday, but now probably gone down a couple mil.  Still may be too rich for Bills.

Also possible Green Bay makes a bigger effort now to resign him with Adams gone.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah at the time he left, everyone was ripping the Bills for not resigning him, but recall reading he wanted to go to a west coast team so don't think the Bills really had much of a chance.  Maybe now that itch is gone and he would consider coming back.  The other big difference between then and now is we no longer suck.

I still doubt he’d come back east. My guess is the farthest east he’d come is Vegas.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

Everyone keeps bringing up Ward. Ward was a damn good blocker but what made him fearsome was he would lay a player out with a blind side block. That is no longer allowed.

I know Beast, and yes, Woods is a pro, and a good blocker.  My guess is Beane is going to look everywhere he can for blazing speed.  He has size in Knox, Howard, and Davis.  He has great hands, route running and contested catches with Diggs and Davis.

Beane is frothing at the mouth to get anyone close to Hill’s speed in KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.