Are we/media setting ourselves up for a defensive battle?

Steptide

I think nfl fans and media want another Rams/Cheifs mnf game from a few years back. If you can't remember the game, it ended with the rams winning 54-51. 105 points total! Crazy. When it comes to the Bills and Cheifs this Sunday though, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if this game ended up with a final score of 20-17. Both teams are aware of each other's high powered offenses and I think defensively, both teams are gonna throw everything at each other that they can. I think this is where the bills have an advantage. I believe the bills secondary is better than the cheifs. If our corners can hold their own, I think we can pull this one out. Wouldn't be surprised one bit though if this game turns out to be a defensive slug festĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I think nfl fans and media want another Rams/Cheifs mnf game from a few years back. If you can't remember the game, it ended with the rams winning 54-51. 105 points total! Crazy. When it comes to the Bills and Cheifs this Sunday though, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if this game ended up with a final score of 20-17. Both teams are aware of each other's high powered offenses and I think defensively, both teams are gonna throw everything at each other that they can. I think this is where the bills have an advantage. I believe the bills secondary is better than the cheifs. If our corners can hold their own, I think we can pull this one out. Wouldn't be surprised one bit though if this game turns out to be a defensive slug festĀ 

If we keep KC at 20 or under Bills win that game imo

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

No.Ā  I just don't see it.Ā  Way too much offensive talent on the field to see something low scoring like that.Ā  Weather is supposed to be perfect too.Ā  I don't think it will be a ridiculous track meet like that Rams game, but I expect something like 34-31.

Both defenses are playing lights out. You win games against good teams by controlling the clock. Itā€™s not going to be a shoot out. Expect a healthy dose of running the football, quick passes, screens, etc.

At some point players on both defenses get tired of hearing how great the offenses are. Defenses tend to step up and have some pride in these type games.

Ā 

The way I see it if one team can control the run game better (think Bills-Chiefs regular season game last year) and control the game...that would be HUGE. Motor is a key element this week.Ā 

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

At some point players on both defenses get tired of hearing how great the offenses are. Defenses tend to step up and have some pride in these type games.

Ā 

The way I see it if one team can control the run game better (think Bills-Chiefs regular season game last year) and control the game...that would be HUGE. Motor is a key element this week.Ā 

Yeah and unlike week 5, KC has no choice but to put a whole lot more focus on and game planning for Bills run game this time. Also Bills D did great with Kelce in week 5 basically making him a non factor and it gave them some problems. Hopefully can do that again

Ā 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

12 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

My gosh do we need a new post for each one of these? You could always put this in the pre game thread or predict the score- not trying to be mean.

We donā€™t feel like scrolling thru pagesā€¦ā€¦stuff like this triggers you?šŸ™„

Edited by streetkings01

16 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Beingā€¦ā€¦.we are the #1 defense in the NFL! Too much talk about Josh and Mahomesā€¦ā€¦this game will shock everyone and be a defensive battle with Buffaloā€™s #1 defense showing that they are worthy of that top ranking!

Highly doubt this will be a 10-7 or 13-10 low scoring defensive game. Both these offenses are too good. I'd be more than happy if Bills can keep KC around 20 points.

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Highly doubt this will be a 10-7 or 13-10 low scoring defensive game. Both these offenses are too good. I'd be more than happy if Bills can keep KC around 20 points.

I would generally agree. However the Patriots/Rams superbowl in 2018 had a final score of 13-3, and that rams offense was crazy good that year.Ā 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

No.Ā  I just don't see it.Ā  Way too much offensive talent on the field to see something low scoring like that.Ā  Weather is supposed to be perfect too.Ā  I don't think it will be a ridiculous track meet like that Rams game, but I expect something like 34-31.

This is more how I see it.

Ā 

I think the Bills will need to score more than 30 if we are going to win.

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Highest o/u of the weekend by 6points at 54.5 and climbing

Ā 

Im seeing 70% of wagers w over 90% of handle on overā€¦crazy differential imo

Ā 

Sharp money says itā€™s a shootout

Ā 

Ā 

Agree, I donā€™t see how the Bills donā€™t put up 30 (at least 4 TDs and a FG). Ā Also, would be shocked if Chiefs are held under 24 this time around, and think theyā€™re going to need at least 34 to beat the Bills. Ā Bills 34, Chiefs 27 is my prediction.

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

My blood pressure doesn't need that type of game, although it's a good chance it will turn out to be that type of game

Murphyā€™s Law. We arenā€™t winning every game by 12 or more, and we canā€™t lose every close game. Buckle up.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Murphyā€™s Law. We arenā€™t winning every game by 12 or more, and we canā€™t lose every close game. Buckle up.Ā 

Yeah dude, I'm well aware we won't win every game by double digits. It was a tongue in cheek kinda thing. Unbuckle a bit

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

I just don't see a defensive struggle at all. JA and the Bills are showing you know that they are unstoppable. Everything is clicking; JA, The weapons, the line and the play-calling. Furthermore, while our defense is pretty darn good we haven't played anyone like the chefs since Tampa and Tampa scored a lot. This is the game where we notice Tredavious White is out. Not saying we're not going to win, we are, but we're going to allow some points too. Our defense will make enough big plays to achieve victory but I just can't imagine a low score....

Bills 43, chefs 30, imho....

Ā 

Go Bills!

5 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah and unlike week 5, KC has no choice but to put a whole lot more focus on and game planning for Bills run game this time. Also Bills D did great with Kelce in week 5 basically making him a non factor and it gave them some problems. Hopefully can do that again

Ā 

trey white was healthy then and the main reason Kielce wasnā€™t a large factor

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Well according to some people on the NFL network it's going to be a game with 11 TDs and 900+ passing yards.

Ā 

Somehow I don't see that happening.

Ya that's my whole point of this thread. I think maybe we're setting ourselves up for possible dissapointment. Let's say the bills win 20-17, I could see fans over reacting saying "where was our offense from the Patriots game?"Ā 

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

There were also three defensive TDā€™s in that Rams/Chiefs game back in 2018.

Well, that could happen too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.