Wait…. Antonio Williams is back?

Miyagi-Do Karate

It took 16 weeks to get Bates in the starting lineup and the same time to get McKenzie in the passing game.  Davis is still fighting for snaps with Sanders.  I like Moss pass blocking and catching out of the backfield.  I really think he is excellent used in that way.  I've been consistent in my complaints of having Jones on the roster for just STs.  It would be interesting to see Williams get a few snaps in a meaningful game.  I would have never kept Jones nor Gilliam.  I would have had Singletary, Moss, Brieda, and Williams my four backs all year with Williams taking a few snaps at FB when needed.  

A tragedy narrowly averted. 

He's only gotten to play 1 game in his career so far, 13 touches 83 yds 2tds. That deserves another look.

I say keep him around, he's young and could be good. He's already flashed some talent and knows where the end zone is, plus he's a Williams. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It’s possible we elevate him for this week to keep Singletary’s legs fresh for the playoffs, but seriously doubt he plays in any meaningful games.  I’d love to be wrong and he’s better than the coaches think.  We saw him in one game where Miami was running for the buses.

The Jets will be interesting.  They put everything they had to beat the Bucs and almost did it.  They may be spent and just want the season over.  You know we’re going to rest whoever is banged up.  I do think we play to win though, vs. just sitting as many as possible.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It took 16 weeks to get Bates in the starting lineup and the same time to get McKenzie in the passing game.  Davis is still fighting for snaps with Sanders.  I like Moss pass blocking and catching out of the backfield.  I really think he is excellent used in that way.  I've been consistent in my complaints of having Jones on the roster for just STs.  It would be interesting to see Williams get a few snaps in a meaningful game.  I would have never kept Jones nor Gilliam.  I would have had Singletary, Moss, Brieda, and Williams my four backs all year with Williams taking a few snaps at FB when needed.  

Special teams matter. The Bills are the third best punt coverage unit and the 4th best kick coverage unit. Taiwan Jones is really good. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

What a relief!  His opportunity to be the next Mike Gillislee is still intact.

He can dream about being the Reggie Bush or Jonathan Williams. Man those were the days!

edit... I forgot about Mike Tolbert, man how could I !

Edited by sunshynman
stuff
  • Like (+1) 1

I like that he’s back, he still has potential which is what you want on your PS.  But he isn’t sniffing the field without injuries.  

Daboll finally seems to get Devin is our best RB and needs to touch the ball more.  Only took him until the second half of the Bucs game for the light bulb to go off in Dabolls stubborn mind finally.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s possible we elevate him for this week to keep Singletary’s legs fresh for the playoffs, but seriously doubt he plays in any meaningful games.  I’d love to be wrong and he’s better than the coaches think.  We saw him in one game where Miami was running for the buses.

The Jets will be interesting.  They put everything they had to beat the Bucs and almost did it.  They may be spent and just want the season over.  You know we’re going to rest whoever is banged up.  I do think we play to win though, vs. just sitting as many as possible.

Singletary plays as he gives us the best chance to clinch the division. If I am wrong, I will mangia some crow 😊

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.