Judon is a punk

davefan66

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That's right, first one was Hughes.  He's had a history of these dumb plays too.

I don't know wit hall the momentum and a player touching your back, it doesn't take much to go down in that situation. 

All the momentum moving forward, player gets touched and falls backwards.  Can't see it because science.

12 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Our last TD was borderline ineligible man down field. I’m glad they didn’t throw the flag and agree they called it pretty even. 

After watching the cowboys game, this argument is dead to me.  

15 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

He was engaged in a block at the time of the pass.  He was blocking the NE LB number 8.  

He was at the logo of the pats in the end zone so I thought it was close. They did call it earlier on a similar play so they knew what the foul looked like. It’ll be interesting to see if he more aware of that on RPOs becomes a coaching point. 

17 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I thought this was football? What would you guys think of Mean Joe Green if he played today? 

“It’s a tough game, for tough people.”

True, but when certain teams get by with it and others are penalized for less it's not really cool.

If it was fair play both ways, sure why not.

He's a punk and as someone pointed out earlier, after the whistle "garbage" is the Patriot Way. They do that crap to lure guys into penalties. I am very proud of how the Bills were able to maintain their composure and ignore it. The hit on Jones that prompted a scrum and then the following play with Jones being held-up (read pushed by commentators and the NE fan base) by Oliver in the paint added to the scrummery, only to have NE get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. All that happened in a very short burst, and while NE continued to do stuff after the whistle and cry to the refs about it IS the Patriot Way. That said, Bills overcame it and won the game in NE. !@#$ the Pats. GO BILLS!

43 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

He was at the logo of the pats in the end zone so I thought it was close. They did call it earlier on a similar play so they knew what the foul looked like. It’ll be interesting to see if he more aware of that on RPOs becomes a coaching point. 

He was definitely downfield but I believe as long as they are engaged in a block it is ok.  Maybe someone here who knows can correct me if I'm wrong.  

13 hours ago, Hawaii50 said:

Other than the TD they gave the Pats when they fumbled the ball I agree.

They got that play right, too. The ball just has to touch the front of the goal line to be a TD. At that point, the play is over. The ball got to the front plane prior to the ball coming loose. TD. Play over. I watched it multiple times after it happened (DVR'd it). My only real complaint with the officials yesterday was the body-slamming of Diggs. He was held up and his forward progress was stopped. What ensued was flagrant and excessive and should have been a personal foul, IMHO. That said, if you would have told me prior to a Pats* game that this is the officiating we would get, I'd take it 100 out of 100 times. I was expecting a lot of blatant calls for the enemy. They never materialized. It was officiated fairly for both sides. The Tampa Bay game? That's a horse of a different color...

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Regardless, that's usually not a flag that is picked up, no matter the offender.  

Eh...its been picked up on us. I don't have any examples on hand but i do remember complaining about how there is discussion and picking up the flag which never appears to happen except to us. This week it happened for us so I eat those words, but still.

My question is for the tipped ball call. Is it really the rule that the defense can hold wrs at any point in the play even before the ball is tipped and it is ok because the ball is subsequently tipped? I would have thought that endzone play was defensive holding before the tip.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Eh...its been picked up on us. I don't have any examples on hand but i do remember complaining about how there is discussion and picking up the flag which never appears to happen except to us. This week it happened for us so I eat those words, but still.

My question is for the tipped ball call. Is it really the rule that the defense can hold wrs at any point in the play even before the ball is tipped and it is ok because the ball is subsequently tipped? I would have thought that endzone play was defensive holding before the tip.

No, it has to be after the tip. That’s a difficult one to judge in the moment so it’s hard to blame the refs for that one. 

On your point about picking up the flag, I think it’s more likely than not (90% of the time IMO) that flag will stand. I don’t have actual stats but it seems it sticks more often than not by far. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I'm sure he would say he's just trying to punch out the ball, but considering that Allen is already on the ground, I feel that this is excessive.

(GIF, so it may take a few seconds to load)

719529014_ezgif-2-20e549670c(1).gif.965f

What a dirt ball. Not sure if this is the same play where Judon steps on Allen as well. Hopefully Judon is sore today from being pancaked by Dawkins. Some breakfast in Buffalo needs to figure out how to market that and maybe it get some national attention. Guys like Judon can’t stand being whipped like he was, and it showed with his antics.

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

True, but when certain teams get by with it and others are penalized for less it's not really cool.

If it was fair play both ways, sure why not.

This is why the refs are on the field. Otherwise players will enforce the rules themselves. 

They pick up the Hughes flag, and what happens when Judson shoves Allen after the ball is out of his hand? Or trips him after the whistle? Or Diggs gets the Brock Lesnar treatment? Opposing players always have a choice to fight back, or put points on the board; or like Bills teams of the past… do nothing and get run out of the building. 

Josh Allen said it best post game…

”I don’t know who the $&@! they thought I was!”

He’s a tough guy who fought back on the scoreboard. Which is EXACTLY what we have all wanted for forever. 

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't a hold though.   You can be pushed to the ground if you get out-leveraged without it automatically being a hold.  

Now the clean-up job on JC Jackson is another story.........but at least that was in the context of the play.

Dawkins did a really good job of moving his man without grabbing yesterday.......couple great blocks that were entirely open handed.......which is rare to see with ANY OL anymore.

Agree but most of the time it does get called IMO

Don't recall the JC Jackson

On 12/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, Southern_Bills said:

The commentators seemed to be a fan of it against Allen, though when Jones was touched a second late "a penalty is a penalty" seemed to be the motto.

Mac Jones also seems to suffer from tonic immobility when touched by an opponent, so it looks more like a penalty when he planks.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:03 PM, JMF2006 said:

Guys that play that way usually get cheap shotted somewhere down the line.

Some meaningless game at the end of the year somebody's friend will clean him up.

Karma is a great big fat pregnant dog ;)

Still waiting for Karma to visit Landry for that despicable hit on Aaron Williams.  😡

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.