Peyton Manning has had 'Discussions' with Potential Ownership Groups to Buy Broncos

Buffalo Barbarian

“Sources said former Broncos star quarterback Peyton Manning, who is very interested in a potential ownership piece in the franchise and a possible role in serving in a management position as well, has already had discussions with several of the groups expected to be favorites to land the team, and his strong ties to Denver, where his family has lived since his playing days, and universal respect throughout the football world, would be a boon to any potential ownership group aligned with him.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/peyton-manning-discussion-buy-broncos

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would be cool to see how the best QB in NFL history would do at running a team.

Brady is buying the Broncos?  The minute Peyton Manning wants something, Brady wants to top him.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Wonder what Elway thinks about Manning coming in, in an ownership/management role

I quit reading after the first four words.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would be cool to see how the best QB in NFL history would do at running a team.

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brady is buying the Broncos?  

No, Payton Manning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

That would be a smaller fraction since they are worth 3.75 billion. He is worth 250 million I see, so he'd have a very small piece of the pie. It is still mind boggling that Jerry Jones bought Cowboys in 1989 for 150 million.

It’s mind-boggling that Jerry Jones had $150 million in 1989. Though, it took incredible foresight to purchase a franchise for that much money and to see it through all the way till now when it’s worth a staggering amount.

43 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It’s mind-boggling that Jerry Jones had $150 million in 1989. Though, it took incredible foresight to purchase a franchise for that much money and to see it through all the way till now when it’s worth a staggering amount.

I agree- it was a risk at the time. People don't like him but he is a master at getting the most out of his investment. He is an astute businessman. You could argue that he has helped enrich the NFL as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I agree- it was a risk at the time. People don't like him but he is a master at getting the most out of his investment. He is an astute businessman. You could argue that he has helped enrich the NFL as a whole. 

You are correct! He is a master at picking his investments.

image.png.009cb219d15d5fb9cac0c8298ecc09d5.png

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  That's pry a fair assessment.  I don't think there was anybody better in his prime at least since I've been watching since the 80's.

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Rodgers, easily

Greatest regular season QB?  Neither.

22 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I never knew that. So all you knew Was the drought until McD came on board?

Have you ever gone back and watched any games from the glory years?

Yep, pre-McDermott all I knew was drought. The only games I have seen all the way through are the Comeback and the first Superbowl. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.