This one running stat pretty much confirms all our complaints

78thealltimegreat

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Felt it was too long to put in the title but just found out that Josh Allen has started 55 games at QB he has only had 2 Bills running backs rush for over a 100 yards. That’s gotta be some kind of record…my goodness talk about a one man offense. 

Interesting.

Sincerely, 

2020 S. Diggs, C. Beasley 

I know this was last year ,but your time frame is 55 games.

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Felt it was too long to put in the title but just found out that Josh Allen has started 55 games at QB he has only had 2 Bills running backs rush for over a 100 yards. That’s gotta be some kind of record…my goodness talk about a one man offense. 

Serious question: how may 125 yard games between two backs have there been in the 55 games?  Would it move the needle at all? Bills haven't been a one back team since Shady.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Serious question: how may 125 yard games between two backs have there been in the 55 games?  Would it move the needle at all? Bills haven't been a one back team since Shady.

That’s still an amazing stat that one back couldn’t be in a groove and get a hundred yards…and in that one game Motor got a hundred yards most came on a long touchdown run

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s still an amazing stat that one back couldn’t be in a groove and get a hundred yards…and in that one the game Motor got a hundred yards most came a long touchdown run

I'll chalk that up to a non-answer. 

I'm too lazy to look it up but my guess is it wouldn't move the needle.

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This coach feels the need to constantly rotate RBs for absolutely no reason. To no benefit. Just randomly keep putting in a guy who is worse for no apparent reason. Put in a guy who sucks with fresh legs so you never get into any sort of rhythm. Genius 

He loves to rotate. How about just play your best players. What a concept. We could've had J. Taylor by trading up a few spots. Josh desperately needs his Thurman Thomas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So what you're saying is Allen's a ball hog!  :D

I do wonder if during practices etc, the Bills place too much time on working on passing game, pass blocking, etc?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

He loves to rotate. How about just play your best players. What a concept. We could've had J. Taylor by trading up a few spots. Josh desperately needs his Thurman Thomas.

Someone else needs to take over the offense next year and tell McDermott to relax with the rotation. An OC that understands balance and clock management. We will be losing and basically run the clock out on ourselves. It’s embarrassing. McDermott needs to bring in a guy that was a head coach and just turn the offense over. With our personnel, an offense like the 14/15 panthers would be unstoppable. That’s who we should be trying to be. Not a run and shoot finesse indoor track meet team.

8 minutes ago, Tuco said:

How about one play that sums up our running backs lack of vision -

If he bounces this outside instead of turning it in we're talking about how our team put together a great drive into that horrible wind and took the lead. No vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wLZgdbsX8

That's set to private. Can't view it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We lost 4 games by a combined 17 points no a 20 carry back wouldn’t help at all 

Non answer #2.  

The funny thing here is that I think your premise is the Bills need a better running game. I agree with that.  Your running stat supports the argument but the stat alone confirms nothing IMO

28 minutes ago, Tuco said:

If he bounces this outside instead of turning it in we're talking about how our team put together a great drive into that horrible wind and took the lead. No vision.

It's almost like he was trying not to score. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TSOL said:

It's not the back, it's the line. 

Moss is one of the worst RBs I’ve seen put on a Bills uniform. He has no vision. I agree it’s mostly the o-lines fault, but Moss should be cut. Singletary is salvageable I think with better blocking. I’m willing to give Singletary another offseason with a big o-line draft. 

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what you're saying is Allen's a ball hog!  :D

I do wonder if during practices etc, the Bills place too much time on working on passing game, pass blocking, etc?

From how the pass protection goes sometimes, it could be argued that they aren't putting enough time in working on pass blocking

But

I forget who it was, might have been Chris Simms talking about the Bills, pointed out that one factor in having a lot of plays in a pass heavy offense is, that practice of running plays and run blocking gets short changed

I believe that's true

Frankly sometimes this season I've wondered if the Bills just don't work as hard and as focused as they need to

26 minutes ago, TSOL said:

It's not the back, it's the line. 

It's both. 

We have gone a long time in this town since we've seen elite RB play.  It's been awful outside of 1 maybe 2 Shady seasons.  

So we're going to trade for Saquan in the off season aren't we?  Or CMC?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It's both. 

We have gone a long time in this town since we've seen elite RB play.  It's been awful outside of 1 maybe 2 Shady seasons.  

So we're going to trade for Saquan in the off season aren't we?  Or CMC?

You don't need elite running backs. Look at what Belichick is doing with multiple backs, and a good line. 

Historically, the Bills never build a real good offensive line. 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

I said the same thing during the game.  Daboll rightly deserves some criticism but there were many plays the players failed on.  A run on first down when it was obvious it was four downs to get a first down or score was a fine call.  Better execution and that is a TD or at least a 5-7 yard gain. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This coach feels the need to constantly rotate RBs for absolutely no reason. To no benefit. Just randomly keep putting in a guy who is worse for no apparent reason. Put in a guy who sucks with fresh legs so you never get into any sort of rhythm. Genius 

Its actually worse than that.  He pulls out a guy that has been getting yards and puts in Moss who game after game run attempt after run attempt gets a yard or less most of the time.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

I was practically screaming this at the TV. Why the heck did he not bounce to the outside. No one was there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Ding ding!  It completely boggles my mind why they keep trying to force Moss onto the field.  I get that our backs are not great but Moss is the worst option.  I beg every game that he is activated for him to stay on the bench.  As soon as I see Moss get the ball I am 98% sure its a wasted down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills are a RB by committee team.  100 yard games are gonna be hard to come by when no one gets more than 12-15 carries per game.

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

Thank you for posting that video.  For anyone who says it’s only an OL problem, just watch that video again.  Any NFL RB with average field vision scores easily on that run.  

That lack of vision cost us 7 points. We ended up missing the field goal on that drive.  Yes Diggs dropped a TD pass, but this was the equivalent to dropping an easy TD pass! 

The NFL today does favor the passing game, but RBs still matter. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From how the pass protection goes sometimes, it could be argued that they aren't putting enough time in working on pass blocking

But

I forget who it was, might have been Chris Simms talking about the Bills, pointed out that one factor in having a lot of plays in a pass heavy offense is, that practice of running plays and run blocking gets short changed

I believe that's true

Frankly sometimes this season I've wondered if the Bills just don't work as hard and as focused as they need to

Yes that's my point.

Agree too pass blocking hasn't been great, but the run blocking even worse.  At least the results are worse trying to run, may simply be due to Allen bailing out the line so much by avoiding sacks.  Who was the Bills QB  few years ago that seemed like a gust of wind could sack him, imagine him back there now!

To your last point about not working hard enough, that may be due to bringing almost the same roster back as last year minus the rookies.  You look at the guy next to you and both convince yourselves how good you are based on what you did last year.  Where if maybe 5 to 10 new faces, you don't have that ability to do that as easily.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

Since it was Moss running the ball I will disagree on whether he should bounce it. If it was Breida due to his speed the outside bounce absolutely gets him in the end zone. Moss is a bowling ball and should either be made into a fullback or cut.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

2020 S. Diggs, C. Beasley 

I know this was last year ,but your time frame is 55 games.

Bad argument. Both far exceeded their previous career best years in their first year playing with Josh Allen.

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

Lack of vision from whoever decide to add him back in the lineup. Breida's speed gets the edge. Devin had a nice bounce earlier that drive to but there's rarely any rhythm for the rb's

Edited by motorj
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

This is painful to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Tuco said:

Wow, that is pretty unbelievable.   I was at the game and it is tough to notice things like that but my god, he could of walked into the endzone.  Makes you wonder.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.