December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

BB the evil genius HAS to be thinking that we'll have more designed runs for Allen.

The Bills have to counter that a bit.  It's not like they should change from that - but they have to disguise it better, and time it just so.  I hope Daboll has some interesting stuff up his sleeve tonight.  He'll be tested more than any game I can remember to think outside of that box that everyone always talks about.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I think I need one of those vomit bags they have on airplanes.  Pre-game show is all "here we go again" w/ the Pats being the #1 seed again.

Lol it honestly makes everyone saying that look kind of silly in my opinion…they have played one extra game and are not in good division tiebreaker shape. If we were 7-5 I’d be ok with it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The "gritty run first offense" New England Patriots: 4.1 yards per carry, 115.3 rushing yards per game

The "can't run the ball" Buffalo Bills: 4.6 yards per carry, 118.3 rushing yards per game

And that's with moss dragging down our rushing attack most of the year. The narrative surrounding this game on this board and in the media makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

BB the evil genius HAS to be thinking that we'll have more designed runs for Allen.

The Bills have to counter that a bit.  It's not like they should change from that - but they have to disguise it better, and time it just so.  I hope Daboll has some interesting stuff up his sleeve tonight.  He'll be tested more than any game I can remember to think outside of that box that everyone always talks about.

I agree. Nice input. 

Just now, gobills404 said:

The "gritty run first offense" New England Patriots: 4.1 yards per carry, 115.3 rushing yards per game

The "can't run the ball" Buffalo Bills: 4.6 yards per carry, 118.3 rushing yards per game

And that's with moss dragging down our rushing attack most of the year. The narrative surrounding this game on this board and in the media makes no sense.

Massive overreaction to the Indy game.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

The wind evens the match, which is a shame because the Bills are the better team, maybe much better. 

I don’t think it does…mac can’t pass at all in this…their receivers are not as good as ours either and they will likely have a harder time catching in this weather. I don’t think pats are at the level of Indy or Tennessee where they can just line up and run the ball 40 times and be successful 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course but would you agree that a QB that normally throws the ball 5 yards likely is affected less than one that like to throw downfield a lot?  The further a ball travels the more it is affected by the wind.  Also, I am not going to do the math on this but if a ball is thrown 5 yards and its a couple inches off target... how far off target is it 15 yards?

So why not put 11 men within ten yards of the LOS against the Pats? If they do the same, Allen throws it 15 yards, something presumably Jones can't do. Sounds like a punt fest to me, with the punts with the wind flipping field position dramatically and ones against the wind blowing backwards, meaning lots of fourth-down tries. An entertaining game, but not one that will show which team is better. 

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

Massive overreaction to the Indy game.  

Pundits assume teams can run down our throats because of Indy. They can’t. That was Both a bad game by us (missing key players) and just an awesome performance by a great RB and line. Good luck to the pats if they think they can pull that off with Their middling RB’s. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Like Steve Tasker says in his video.  "Be ready, it might be chilly"!

3 minutes ago, Success said:

LOL - Mac Jones wearing the same face-covering hat that my mom made me wear when I was 8 years old.

Welcome to Buffalo, wonder boy!

Tough to pass when you can't put your arms down!

image.png.e35852ee390959a95af8074c4c6cd4d3.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I’ve been saying that all week…win or lose I don’t think they got this one right as far as analysis goes. If we’re gonna lose it’s gonna be on a costly turnover on our side of the field that the pats turn into 7 points with a short field. That’s what their defense has been feasting on 

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Pundits assume teams can run down our throats because of Indy. They can’t. That was Both a bad game by us (missing key players) and just an awesome performance by a great RB and line. Good luck to the pats if they think they can pull that off with Their middling RB’s. 

Belichick knows they likely can’t…doesn’t matter what these fools that get paid to hype up the nfl think 😂 I’m curious what they’re gonna throw at us 

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watching the ESPN Countdown, I'm seein' me some McKittrick!!!  Bring on the jet sweep babyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

On a related note I'm wondering if they will tell punt returners to just get away from the ball if conditions stay severe

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve been saying that all week…win or lose I don’t think they got this one right as far as analysis goes. If we’re gonna lose it’s gonna be on a costly turnover on our side of the field that the pats turn into 7 points with a short field. That’s what their defense has been feasting on 

I agree. Turnovers are key to the game of course.  The Bills cannot afford to lose that battle against NE.  They ar not going to beat us running.  They need Jones to play lights out and I think that is unlikely.