Patriots at Bills: Game Week Thread (v2)

BuffaloBillyG

28 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I love those 'experts'. When the season started they had KC as the absolute class of the AFC. Then it was the Bills who were the best. Then it was the Chargers. Then it was the Titans, and now it's absolutely, positively, definitely the Pats.

If the Bills win they'll go back to being absolutely the team to beat in the AFC.

Not one of these guys has the guts to stick with their convictions

I like the avatar pic.  Let out some steam Bennet!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I want to have faith in the Bills to perform, want to say we blow them out, and come out to play.  It's to hard to say though ti's like watching Jim Mora's tenure with the Saint and Colts though.  Lots and lots of streaky play without truthfully reaching their best levels of play.  We could blow them out 45-0 or we could wind up being shut down to 45-16 again.  This year was supposed to be the win it all and get the ring year.  If it's not or we don't even sniff playoffs it's hard telling what comes next.  We'd have to move on from Star and Jordan through the draft.  Along with finding a capable and long-term under study of Milano and Hughes.  We're honestly moving into such an uncertain and unknown future if we cannot send a message which reverberates.  If we can't do that we don't deserve it and should just look up draft stock and picks to lock in players and determine whose part of the process and whose not really selling into it.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I know it's cliche, but this game will come down to :

• Turnovers...the Pats thrive off them, so do we, and that is really the bottom line.
  • Allen. He's a great NFL player. Not perfect but he will be the best player out there Sunday. Yup, he can burn hot, but yes...he CAN wreck another team's game plan too.
  • Can the Bills get a big lead early to take the Patriots out of their rhythm? This is key to putting more on Jones.
  • Judon...limit this guy enough to take the edge off. 
  • Special Teams. Especially not letting up any kind of punt block. ST always huge in these Pats games. Recall out fake last year.

All good points. But I'm beginning that, with the weather, the best team won't necessarily win. With every punt- and kick return, every intermediate and deep throw, and every field goal an adventure, it will just be a matter of who has fewer turnovers and missed field goals. They might as well have the coin toss determine the winner. 

10 minutes ago, finn said:

All good points. But I'm beginning that, with the weather, the best team won't necessarily win. With every punt- and kick return, every intermediate and deep throw, and every field goal an adventure, it will just be a matter of who has fewer turnovers and missed field goals. They might as well have the coin toss determine the winner. 

What scares me most about weather games is Daboll's instance to "huck it deep" and not adjust fire. With Allen as our QB we could be great as a weather team. I'm talking about running w the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

What scares me most about weather games is Daboll's instance to "huck it deep" and not adjust fire. With Allen as our QB we could be great as a weather team. I'm talking about running w the QB. 

We need to force turn overs, turn it into points, manage to shatter Mac Jones' confidence, and keep the weather as our secondary punch as well.  If we cannot do that it doesn't matter how much hype was put into this team.  Sean will be Coaching like Auntie Andy Reid had done with the "Dream Team" of Vick and Young as Quarterbacks.  Our dream team is Allen and True Biscuit.  Mitch is a true gamer and he's a capable backup.  It depends on what comes if we decide to use some tricky formations to keep New England off balance.

Josh Allen will play cautious and will avoid turning over the ball. Expect a low score.

The game will rest on the defense with 2 key questions: will 7th round draft pick Dane Jackson rise to the occasion? And will Starlite Lotulelei Jr. be at full throttle as he recovers from COVID.

Also... with the weather, Lady Luck will play a roll for both teams. Some weather induced WTF turnovers may happen. Game changing turnovers.

It'll be a game of wind direction, so a quarter for one team to go on offense, then the other, and so on. Field goals and some throws possible one direction, impossible the other. Same with punts. If you have the wind, you stack the box and wait for the run, then make sure you score, because when you don't have the wind, you'll be three and out most drives. A real toss up. It's a shame, because put these teams in a dome, and the Bills would humiliate them. 

52 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I want to have faith in the Bills to perform, want to say we blow them out, and come out to play.  It's to hard to say though ti's like watching Jim Mora's tenure with the Saint and Colts though.  Lots and lots of streaky play without truthfully reaching their best levels of play.  We could blow them out 45-0 or we could wind up being shut down to 45-16 again.  This year was supposed to be the win it all and get the ring year.  If it's not or we don't even sniff playoffs it's hard telling what comes next.  We'd have to move on from Star and Jordan through the draft.  Along with finding a capable and long-term under study of Milano and Hughes.  We're honestly moving into such an uncertain and unknown future if we cannot send a message which reverberates.  If we can't do that we don't deserve it and should just look up draft stock and picks to lock in players and determine whose part of the process and whose not really selling into it.  

Yep I hear you… it’s a huge game.  The whole thing if the Bills lose Monday and then against Tampa, they can still finish at 11-6 or 10-7 and probably make the playoffs.

If the Bills lose though, I think it will take a mental tool and wouldn’t be surprised the season will start to unravel a bit.  

Im super nervous but win or lose, it doesn’t really affect my life very much.  I keep trying to put things into perspective 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Daboll needs to remove the deep, deep pass.  Intermediate passes Allen can still be filthy.  Previous windy games I feel they took too many shots.  Those long passes are more impacted by the wind.  I think they can still be explosive putting a 30 yard cap on the route designs.  

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Daboll needs to remove the deep, deep pass.  Intermediate passes Allen can still be filthy.  Previous windy games I feel they took too many shots.  Those long passes are more impacted by the wind.  I think they can still be explosive putting a 30 yard cap on the route designs.  

Depends, I think NE will play single high safety or Cover 0, to dare us throwing deep.

Josh needs ro not overthrow, actually underthrowing and hoping for a DPI might be a solid opportunity for cheap yards. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Niagara, Orleans, Monroe, Northern Erie, Genesee, and Wyoming counties

Pop Quiz: where is Orchard Park located?

Orchard Park sure aint south Erie!!!!!

Orchard Park : Mostly cloudy skies. Windy in the evening. Mid 30's Game Time. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph sustained. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

That Sounds like serious Wind to me!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Orchard Park sure aint south Erie!!!!!

Orchard Park : Mostly cloudy skies. Windy in the evening. Mid 30's Game Time. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph sustained. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

That Sounds like serious Wind to me!

Precipitation? 

they’ve had multiple games with wind like that - ravens in playoffs comes to mind as well as WFT this year.

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Wind may be petering out before or during the game. That advisory starts tonight and ends 10PM Monday night. Hard to say, but might not even be a factor.

It might not meet the criteria for a wind advisory but it’s guaranteed to be windy af. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I would like to see the organization start to focus on building a more physical team in the trenches...that would be my number 1 offseason priority...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3

I wonder if a team has ever gone from the #1 seed in conference in early December, to missing the playoffs completely?

Let's get that rolling for the Pats tomorrow night.  If we can somehow get the sweep, the Colts can beat 'em, and then they close the season against a team that always seems to mess it up for them in Miami.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

image.thumb.png.494218d97626dba5ba29102fc31686c4.png

It’s one thing to be pessimistic given our recent ups and downs, it’s even understandable to have a serious case of BBFS. But to be a complete Pats* homer on a Bills board (and yes I know that’s twitter) is on an entirely different level. Seek help. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I wonder if a team has ever gone from the #1 seed in conference in early December, to missing the playoffs completely?

Let's get that rolling for the Pats tomorrow night.  If we can somehow get the sweep, the Colts can beat 'em, and then they close the season against a team that always seems to mess it up for them in Miami.

Miami has looked pretty tough last few weeks 

3 hours ago, finn said:

The weather may also help both teams make up for having key guys out in the secondary 

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would like to see the organization start to focus on building a more physical team in the trenches...that would be my number 1 priority...

Yup, the mindset needs to change and we are starting to see that shift during the Titans game.  We also need to have a real physical rushing threat with speed.  Bredia is emerging as a threat while Moss and Singletary have seemingly regressed to being after thoughts with that said so many weapons have just seemingly vanished when Dawson Knox isn't there.  

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

It’s one thing to be pessimistic given our recent ups and downs, it’s even understandable to have a serious case of BBFS. But to be a complete Pats* homer on a Bills board (and yes I know that’s twitter) is on an entirely different level. Seek help. 

Please stop trying to troll those outside the forums.  It's not fitting, people have questions, we don't have to start rushing out and playing bully ball on fans outside of here, and that's just plain rude and condescending.  How would you feel I screen capped that and passed it back off to the person you accused of being a Pats homer and closeted fan?

7 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

To be clear...that is not me (wasn't sure if you thought I tweeted that or not).  I'm pretty sure that is from one of our resident trolls.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

To be clear...that is not me (wasn't sure if you thought I tweeted that or not).  I'm pretty sure that is from one of our resident trolls.

100% know that’s not you, sorry if I didn’t make it clear. The number of clown posters has tripled in the last year and this guy leads the pack.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Now that the Pats* are the one seed in the AFC, do they Bills take over #1 when they crush them tomorrow? Or would Tennessee be #1? 

Yeah - TN. We'd be #2.

I'll be pretty happy w/ that, as the alternative is joining the near record # of teams fighting it out for the WC.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Yup, the mindset needs to change and we are starting to see that shift during the Titans game.  We also need to have a real physical rushing threat with speed.  Bredia is emerging as a threat while Moss and Singletary have seemingly regressed to being after thoughts with that said so many weapons have just seemingly vanished when Dawson Knox isn't there.  

Please stop trying to troll those outside the forums.  It's not fitting, people have questions, we don't have to start rushing out and playing bully ball on fans outside of here, and that's just plain rude and condescending.  How would you feel I screen capped that and passed it back off to the person you accused of being a Pats homer and closeted fan?

When did you get here, last week? Try again Thrifty. Please go ahead and screen cap whatever you like Mr. Message Board Policeman. Btw, he’s not outside the forums.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Now that the Pats* are the one seed in the AFC, do they Bills take over #1 when they crush them tomorrow? Or would Tennessee be #1? 

Yes, Tennessee would be #1 and with their current injury issues I wouldn't expect it to last long before they drop another game or 2.

And I love that all the talk tomorrow on the lead up to MNF will be on NE and them being the "Top Dogs" in the entire AFC. Should really provide the Bills an extra edge at kickoff. Buffalo thrives in a "hunters" role. 

They win this one and it's a shootout with Brady and the Bucs the following week. Having TO as the Bills legend this week is fitting as it's officially time to get ya popcorn ready.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.