Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I forgot about the helmet. I loved the articles that said his helmet “approximated” the Raiders colors. This dude wasn’t even willing to pay the price for someone who could do the job right. 

If you remember, he didn't tell anyone, just showed up at practice wearing a spray painted helmet. Then he said he was not playing without his old helmet. lol The old helmet does not conform to new helmet guidlines

The card thing was predictable....You have to baby sit this guy all the time

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If you remember, he didn't tell anyone, just showed up at practice wearing a spray painted helmet. Then he said he was not playing without his old helmet. lol The old helmet does not conform to new helmet guidlines

The card thing was predictable

I actually didn't remember the part about just showing up at practice with his old helmet repainted.

That's objectively hysterical.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I forgot about the helmet. I loved the articles that said his helmet “approximated” the Raiders colors. This dude wasn’t even willing to pay the price for someone who could do the job right. 

His vax card was likely “approximated” as well. TB thought it was totally normal that his name was written as “Mr. Big Chest” followed  “#boomin!”

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s f’ed up enough that he used a fake vaccine card, but what makes it Really ****** up is that Bruce Arians has all those health issues and is high risk for covid (even with the vaccine).

I wonder if AB would even care if he put Arians life in danger. It appears not...(if this is actually true)

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually didn't remember the part about just showing up at practice with his old helmet repainted.

That's objectively hysterical.

Someone on Reddit keeps a running list of all AB’s issues. It’s a pretty long read. 😂

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s f’ed up enough that he used a fake vaccine card, but what makes it Really ****** up is that Bruce Arians has all those health issues and is high risk for covid (even with the vaccine).

I wonder if AB would even care if he put Arians life in danger. It appears not...

Someone on Reddit keeps s running list of all AB’s issues. It’s a pretty long read. 😂

Still processing "Dyed his mustache blonde" 

• Haha (+1) 5

On 11/19/2021 at 10:06 AM, BUFFALOBART said:

In NYS, it is in fact, a Felony.

It is a felony in the United States; the FBI STATED IT when the card came out.  There is a federal marking on the cards. I am licensed as an md in more than one state ,and that message went out that it was a FEDERAL  crime to sell, counterfeit the cards, or Lie on them.  Ignorance of this is no defense.   If for example , I lied about vaccination status for a celebrity and it was found out, I would immediately have my licenses put on hold, possibly permanently revoked , fined , and face criminal charges and just saying I missed the email warning of the consequences would not save me from censorship or prosecution.  It is well known faking those cards or lying on them is a federal crime.  So while a certain state may say something different , I am pretty certain federal law would take precedent.  It’s that way with marijuana laws as an example. While legal in states , you can still be prosecuted if you violate a federal law.   

If found to be a true falsification , I hope AB those that knew about it or participated in any way are held accountable.  I still find it impossible to believe the Bucs really checked all the cards for validity and who really believes 100% of the Bucs players actually got vaccinated; it defies all normal human behavior and societal norms regarding this vaccine.  The Bucs care about one directive, winning the SB.  Not surprising a teams skirts the issues if they get in the way of winning( anyone remember deflategate?).  Hey , someone as high profile as Rodgers , knowing the scrutiny he usually faces , chose to not get it and misstate the truth regarding this issue. I believe in personal choice and that’s how medicine should be practiced, as a team decision between a patient and physician.

However , you can’t act that your job, playing FOOTBALL, is above every other profession and therefore it’s ok for AB to once again to live by different rules than every other American. I’m ok with his choice to not get vaccinated, I am not ok with falsifying federal , medical documents because you are rich enough to pay people to act illegally for you. How many chances does this recidivist deserve?  IF HE DID THIS , Goodall who has instituted many rules regarding immunization must act by suspension ( like he has regarding substance abuse, Gordens many examples) and it should be severe and I hope he is federally prosecuted. Will also be telling howthe Bucs treat this. If true, and if nothing is done, fans should not support this behavior by buying Bucs gear etc.  On the other  hand we should support great behavior in the likes of people like Josh Allen ! Could there be any more obvious dichotomy in good versus bad examples of behavior for our youth to emulate!  I am proud to support Josh and Jorden poyer as examples of what a good culture can lead to. The NFL can be better, and we should accept only it acting socially responsibly. 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Well, that running list of issues still doesn't guarantee he actually obtained fake cards. It is not out of the question he attempted to obtain a fake card, or actually obtained a fake card, then later got vaccinated and got a real card. Or he could have 17 fake cards. Or he could have been trying to fake the card, gotten frustrated, gotten vaccinated, then burned the real card and replaced it with a fake. After reading that mess, I would not rule anything out.

• Agree 1

On 11/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, Scott7975 said:

Thats forgery and worse than the Rogers situation if true.  That should result in a suspension, not a fine. and jail time of course.

Yes, when they found that Evander Kane had one, they said he was subject to Federal charges.  I don’t think anything has come of it so far, other than the NHL suspension.

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s what kills me. If it was any of you or me we would be fired, posted in the local rag, headed to court, and run out of town.  

this is a “paid suspension “  and the powers look the other way as long as it helps the team. 

total BS and the team takes a close “inspection” on the bad records.  I’ve recorded hundreds of these at work and honestly a fake is super easy to pass inspection. It’s investigating the dr and actual vacation proof that’s difficult.   Just a play on word like Rodgers “immunized”.  I call BS on Reid and Co.   this POS has a fake and the world knows it. Because he’s a AB is a fake and a POS 

that is all

LOL AB says he is vaccinated and would be "happy to get a booster on live TV"

I looked up "attention w____" in the dictionary and it had AB's photo

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/11/antonio-brown-fake-vax-card

Brown’s attorney, Sean Burstyn, released a statement denying Ruiz’s claims: “Mr. Brown confirmed to me that he was vaccinated and, if a booster eventually becomes advisable, he’ll be happy to air it live on TV. He is happy to turn this into an opportunity to advocate for the safety of vaccines, and finds it a bit confusing that the source of this story would admit to attempting to procure and resell fake vaccination cards.” Burstyn went on to say that Brown “is healthy, vaccinated, and ready to win another Super Bowl”

I wonder if Burstyn thinks he'll get paid?

In response to the allegation that Tampa Bay Buccaneers star Antonio Brown used a forged COVID-19 vaccination card to circumvent the NFL’s safety protocols, the league announced on Friday that it is launching an investigation into the star wide receiver’s vaccine status. “We are aware of the report and have been in contact with the club. We will review the matter,” NFL vice president of communications Brian McCarthy told CNN. “No club has reported any issues during the verification process,” added McCarthy, before noting that “any attempt by team personnel or players to use a forged or fake card would be reviewed under the personal conduct policy. In addition, it is a federal criminal offense.” 

Apparently the club is supposed to verify the vaccination cards somehow:

The league’s pandemic safety measures state that every team is responsible for verifying the vaccination status of all of their team members, as unvaccinated players and coaches are required to follow a stricter set of guidelines.

Tampa Bay Bucs: "This card legit?"  Player: "Yep"  Tampa Bay Bucs: "OK, we trust you"

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL AB says he is vaccinated and would be "happy to get a booster on live TV"

I looked up "attention w____" in the dictionary and it had AB's photo

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/11/antonio-brown-fake-vax-card

I wonder if Burstyn thinks he'll get paid?

Apparently the club is supposed to verify the vaccination cards somehow:

Tampa Bay Bucs: "This card legit?"  Player: "Yep"  Tampa Bay Bucs: "OK, we trust you"

TB personnel checking vax cards:

Relaxed Security GIF

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That is a lot of 'what ifs'. The truth will squeak itself out, unless it is squelched, by a boatload of cash, in a big brown bag.

The only thing I feel certain of is that AB has no credibility. I am unsure of the credibility of his former live-in chef. I am skeptical of anyone who would take a job as AB's live-in chef, but I still place him a notch above Antonio Brown himself.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, some people dislike Florio but he pretty well has it right here IMO:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/20/antonio-browns-former-chef-claims-brown-got-fake-vaccination-card-from-another-player/

The league has said it will review the matter. The dilemma for the league is clear. If it aggressively probes the issue of fake vaccination cards and finds a deeper issue about which the league or its teams knew or should have known, the league will come off as inept or deliberately indifferent about the temptation to use fake cards and the public-health risks arising from them. If the league engages in a half-hearted probe and finds no wrongdoing or (more likely) never says anything more about it as more and more bright, shiny objects appear (a/k/a football games are played), it risks criticism for not taking the situation seriously.

So far, the vibe is that the league isn’t taking it as seriously as it should. Rumors of fake vaccination cards have circulated for months. Multiple media outlets have been investigating the situation.The NFL surely has caught wind of the talk, undoubtedly is aware of the ease with which cards can be faked. The absence of a loud and clear statement from the league (like the one that was issued after the Jon Gruden emails came to light) regarding the potential use of fake vaccination cards and its intention to engage in a full audit of all vaccination cards to smoke out any counterfeits suggests that the league will be looking to run out the clock and move on.

Like it did with the Washington Football Team investigation back in June. Like it surely is doing with the Congressional probe sparked by the leak of the Gruden emails. Like it does every week with multiple bad officiating calls, ignoring the situation in the hopes of minimizing it.

• Angry 2

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The NFL is going to try and sweep this under the rug.  Who knows how many stars have gotten fake cards.  If they probe this they would either have to suspend a lot of stars or it will look like they DGAF.  Either way is bad for them.  I expect nothing out of it unless the media uncovers it and pushes the issue.

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The NFL is going to try and sweep this under the rug.  Who knows how many stars have gotten fake cards.  If they probe this they would either have to suspend a lot of stars or it will look like they DGAF.  Either way is bad for them.  I expect nothing out of it unless the media uncovers it and pushes the issue.

A lot depends on whether the guys with fake cards have already had COVID-19. If not, then a significant number of them will catch it and be out longer than "expected" of an unvaccinated player. That will create an even bigger mess.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Exactly.  It is unlikely that the NFL wants to turn over this rock. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Do you really think it's that many guys?

I could be hella naive, but I think most people (including NFL players) are honest.  They either got the shot, or didn't and told the team they didn't.

AB has been a loose cannon for a long time, but I agree with the person who said the teams that are 100% are probably the ones where peer pressure put the squeeze on guys who really did not want to vax, so they might be the ones to scrutinize.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think it's that many guys?

I could be hella naive, but I think most people (including NFL players) are honest.  They either got the shot, or didn't and told the team they didn't.

AB has been a loose cannon for a long time, but I agree with the person who said the teams that are 100% are probably the ones where peer pressure put the squeeze on guys who really did not want to vax, so they might be the ones to scrutinize.

I have no clue if its a guy, a couple guys, a lot of guys.  One thing I do know is a lot of rich celebs think they are above and would do something stupid like this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I have no clue if its a guy, a couple guys, a lot of guys.  One thing I do know is a lot of rich celebs think they are above and would do something stupid like this.

I mean, I'm sure you're right, but I don't know; even Aaron Rodgers was honest with the team and the NFL.

There are probably a couple of Those Guys on a lot of teams though.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I'm sure you're right, but I don't know; even Aaron Rodgers was honest with the team and the NFL.

There are probably a couple of Those Guys on a lot of teams though.

Its not that I think they are all over the league.  Its just that if by chance there are... the NFL really doesnt want to find out.  Think of it like this... If there are just 4 stars around the league on teams competing for a Super Bowl and those teams rely on those guys and fans watch football because of those guys... they have two choices.  One suspend them heavily and also expose them to possibly federal charges or two do nothing and look like their Covid rules and protections are all BS.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is getting more and more difficult to remain emotionally invested in the NFL; which is maybe a good thing?

I'm 43 now, so I was in 7th grade when the Bills (SB XXV) first broke my heart (I remember the AFCCG two years prior breaking my family's hearts, but I wasn't yet fully invested). The majority of memories over the next 30 years are punctuated by pain. And I'm thankful for the life lessons this legacy has taught me. This resilience has served me well through multiple recessions, crises, and personal reconstructions. 

But the current state of officiating, combined with Goodell's ongoing legacy of an absolute rejection of accountability and transparency across many scandals and crises, including the COVID pandemic, has me questioning the fundamental on-field/competitive realities in ways I resisted up until now. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

A lot depends on whether the guys with fake cards have already had COVID-19.

Not sure what that has to do with it?

The issue is not whether they have had COVID or not, the issue is they lied about being vaccinated, and forged documents to intentionally deceive people. And in this case, it is a Federal crime.

The issue is they lied. And, if so, and if the NFL is serious about player safety--and their public reputation and credibility--they will actually seek to do something meaningful about it. If not, then so what, let them all do what they want and move on. If you get it, you sit, if not, play ball.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Given the robe Id say this is a Catholic mass of some sort.

Well, green is  technically a vestment colour.  I just didn't realize 'optic lime' qualified. 🤔😁

Given WNY's Catholic population, I wonder how many have gone to an earlier service than usual, and where the priest ends the homily "Go Bills!"

EDIT:  Might well be.  Bills Blue on the bottom, optic lime on top. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

The NFL is a business. Recent employee problems include a coach nearly killing a young girl in a drunken car crash. A player killing a young woman in a drunken car crash.  An inappropriate private email sent by an employee, when they were not employee, nine years ago.  Multiple instances of domestic violence.  It seems like the ALLEGATION of a false medical record is pretty far down the list of problems the NFL deals with.   

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, green is  technically a vestment colour.  I just didn't realize 'optic lime' qualified. 🤔😁

Given WNY's Catholic population, I wonder how many have gone to an earlier service than usual, and where the priest ends the homily "Go Bills!"

Never heard a priest say that during a homily. Have heard that after the Mass is over before people leave though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Not sure what that has to do with it?

The issue is not whether they have had COVID or not, the issue is they lied about being vaccinated, and forged documents to intentionally deceive people. And in this case, it is a Federal crime.

The issue is they lied. And, if so, and if the NFL is serious about player safety--and their public reputation and credibility--they will actually seek to do something meaningful about it. If not, then so what, let them all do what they want and move on. If you get it, you sit, if not, play ball.

I am pretty sure the NFL is not going to dig into the possibility of widespread fake cards. And if the players with fake cards do not subsequently get COVID-19, then the NFL will easily be able to sweep it under the rug as unsubstantiated rumors. Aftere all there is no real way for the public to know whether 0, 1, 2, 10, 50, or 100 players faked cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)
18 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Unfortunate the Bucs get no penalty for this after saying previously how they found no issue with his vaccine card when it was presented 

Makes you wonder how thoroughly they checked everyone's card to get to that 100% they were touting.

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

My guess is fans who commit the same offense trying to enter a Bills game suffer a greater penalty than this 

Three game checks?  Really?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.