Allen refusal to throw underneath is killing us. Killing drives. This was on 17 strictly

JerseyBills

30 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What do his stats through 8 games tell you about his performance last week?

Bad games happen even to the goats

Tom Brady has had multiple 4 INT games. 

what proof do you have that says — from now on that bad games are now his norm?

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bad games happen to the goats

what proof shows up hat from now on that bad games are now his norm?

You're completely lost.  Football Outsiders says Allen played the worst GAME of the season and you say "Look at his season long stats"!  Now you want proof that bad games will be the norm?  ....

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bad games happen even to the goats

Tom Brady has had multiple 4 INT games. 

what proof so you have  that says from now on that bad games are now his norm?

That is for sure true. Allen did try underneath but late most of his throws. Odd throwing and too early ones. He'll learn from this game to get better. As well as McDermott and staff.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

You're completely lost.  Football Outsiders says Allen played the worst GAME of the season and you say "Look at his season long stats"!  Now you want proof that bad games will be the norm?  ....

Umm ok. 

I said he had a bad game. 

But you need to look at the whole picture and not focus on 1/8 of his effort 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:10 PM, JerseyBills said:

HE HOLDS THE BALL TOO LONG

He has to hit them immediately,  his holding onto the ball to much is becoming a problem.

Ah, the ole move the goalposts. What is his time to throw on completions under 5 yards? Compared to the rest of the NFL?

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

To be fair, Sunday was an utter embarrassment - people won’t forget quickly, even if we somehow blowout the Jets.

It was an awful game. But why on earth is it something you won't forget quickly? They have had so many good games over the last three seasons and this is the game some people want to hang on to? That absolutely baffles me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

It was an awful game. But why on earth is it something you won't forget quickly? They have had so many good games over the last three seasons and this is the game some people want to hang on to? That absolutely baffles me.

Human nature - taking it to a personal level, I think I’m right in saying it’s a case with a lot of people that if they hear ten good thing about themselves from others but one bad, they’ll dwell on the latter instead of the former. Same in sports, a defeat will be dwelled on more than victories. As a species we’re a negative bunch!

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Human nature - taking it to a personal level, I think I’m right in saying it’s a case with a lot of people that if they hear ten good thing about themselves from others but one bad, they’ll dwell on the latter instead of the former. Same in sports, a defeat will be dwelled on more than victories. As a species we’re a negative bunch!

Not all of us :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You remember that game where Tom Brady threw 4 INTs?  Yeah, nobody else does either even though its happened more than once.

The fixation on one game erasing an MVP candidate season this year and last year is beyond absurd.  Hey guys, we have what was the overall favorite to win the MVP...who was the runner up last year to the MVP and who is still the second most favorite to win the MVP after a rough outing...lets throw all that out the window, act like none of that happened and just fixate on one bad game.  That makes more sense.   Clearly we drafted the wrong Josh.  Cut him and start the NVP and begin the Trubisky era.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That his performance last week was worse than his other seven performances?

That his stats through 8 games are now worse because of it?

That his performance last week might have been an anomaly?

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, HappyDays said:

You're saying instead of waiting for the play to develop he should immediately toss a check down pass on every down? Yeah that still won't work. Because Moss and Singletary take more than a second to turn around and accelerate and by that time the defense is already swarming them. I am all for Allen being more willing to take checkdowns but that can't be our whole offense. This loss has people going so crazy they are missing Trent Edwards.

So dramatic. 

presnap we give him a lot of freedom. If he checked into some fast breaking routes that kept the defense more honest, it might help. No one implied every down. 

he’s getting a good bit of the read of the defense pre snap and a lot more in the first 2-3 steps they take. If instead of exhausting the downfield he sometimes sequenced quicker good outcomes might happen is all. 

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That his performance last week was worse than his other seven performances?

That his stats through 8 games are now worse because of it?

That his performance last week might have been an anomaly?

His stats through 8 games don't tell us anything about how he played last week, which was my point.  

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You remember that game where Tom Brady threw 4 INTs?  Yeah, nobody else does either even though its happened more than once.

The fixation on one game erasing an MVP candidate season this year and last year is beyond absurd.  Hey guys, we have what was the overall favorite to win the MVP...who was the runner up last year to the MVP and who is still the second most favorite to win the MVP after a rough outing...lets throw all that out the window, act like none of that happened and just fixate on one bad game.  That makes more sense.   Clearly we drafted the wrong Josh.  Cut him and start the NVP and begin the Trubisky era.  

What makes the most sense is understanding the conversation you're stepping into rather than responding without context and assuming some kind of crusade.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

His stats through 8 games don't tell us anything about how he played last week, which was my point.  

What makes the most sense is understanding the conversation you're stepping into rather than responding without context and assuming some kind of crusade.

Im just saying all I keep seeing is the over fixation on one game as if the past season and a half never happened.  Clearly, the Jags game is FAR FAR FAR more likely to be an "outlier" than the majority of the past season and a half from Allen being the "outlier".  Teams/Players lay duds from time to time, its the NFL, every player in the HOF has done it many times.  Mahomes has done it many times this season alone, not to mention the SB last year.  Its part of the game.  

But if you read TSW this week, you would think we are winless and need to find a new HC and GM, and look for Allens replacement.  

And my comment was more directed at the general overall panic by so many around here and across the board, than just you specifically.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Not sure.

Almost positive he has the longest time of holding onto the ball compared to any QB

2.8 seconds which is a half second longer than the fastest release in the league Big Ben and 0.3 seconds longer than Tom Brady who is second fastest.  That is a meaningless stat.  Also Lamar holds it longer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

2.8 seconds which is a half second longer than the fastest release in the league Big Ben and 0.3 seconds longer than Tom Brady who is second fastest.  That is a meaningless stat.  Also Lamar holds it longer.

time to pass.  too funny 

JA has a quick release 

just because he has 3 or 4 seconds when not bull rushed doesn’t mean he has a slow release 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

time to pass.  too funny 

JA has a quick release 

just because he has 3 or 4 seconds when not bull rushed doesn’t mean he has a slow release 

The difference between Allen and Brady in time to throw is literally less than the amount of time it takes to blink.

This thread is just ridiculous.  The complaint is Allen refuses to throw underneath.  It was shown that he threw underneath for most of the game and it got us nowhere.  The complaint changed to he didnt throw it fast enough.  Well sorry... thats not our offense.  The only way he is throwing that ball faster is if the underneath is the first read and it is not.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, Scott7975 said:

The difference between Allen and Brady in time to throw is literally less than the amount of time it takes to blink.

This thread is just ridiculous.  The complaint is Allen refuses to throw underneath.  It was shown that he threw underneath for most of the game and it got us nowhere.  The complaint changed to he didnt throw it fast enough.  Well sorry... thats not our offense.  The only way he is throwing that ball faster is if the underneath is the first read and it is not.

I think we made it the first read in many situations today and it let to a lot of consistency in moving the ball. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I think we made it the first read in many situations today and it let to a lot of consistency in moving the ball. 

It was the main difference in our O imo and it definitely led to consistency and momentum.  

Hope he continues to take those easy yards!

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He was atrocious, but I don’t think he refused to throw underneath

i admittedly was drunk like probably most the board but on at least 2 ints he had someone underneath for easy yards. I was encouraged the first cpl drives, scripted but once that script ran out, Allen unraveled and barely went underneath 

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Just wanted to bump this. Been saying this since 19

If he plays like today we're unstoppable 

I think we need to give credit to the Jets defense.  They did take away the short routes and forced Allen to deep.  With a four man rush and a talented back end defensive roster,  Allen was not going have a chance.   Should he have continued the dink and dunk.  may be it was not working. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think we need to give credit to the Jets defense.  They did take away the short routes and forced Allen to deep.  With a four man rush and a talented back end defensive roster,  Allen was not going have a chance.   Should he have continued the dink and dunk.  may be it was not working. 

That's not what I saw at all.  Though I'm not sure why we're resurrecting at thread from 2021.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.