Allen refusal to throw underneath is killing us. Killing drives. This was on 17 strictly

JerseyBills

5 minutes ago, par73 said:

Even Allen, in his press conference, said he needed to get the ball out quicker sometimes. Quick hitters on designed plays will slow down a blitz.

You are 100% right..  But as long as Daboll is calling these plays we will never get to this level of play calling during the game.  Even Josh's audibles are not working...

17 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Quite a few. And quite a few got us nothing. I'd argue a few times the quick pass to singletary with 1 half assed block in front of him killed more drives than Allen.

The O-line even 6 on 4 couldn't even give Allen more than 2 seconds. I can hardly believe you can consider putting this one on Allen. He makes mistakes when he does too much, as a lot of QBs do. Look at Stafford tonight.

This isn't a TD to Moss?!!!

That's an EASY 7

Screenshot_20211108-005613_YouTube.jpg

9 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

You are 100% right..  But as long as Daboll is calling these plays we will never get to this level of play calling during the game.  Even Josh's audibles are not working...

24 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Quite a few. And quite a few got us nothing. I'd argue a few times the quick pass to singletary with 1 half assed block in front of him killed more drives than Allen.

The O-line even 6 on 4 couldn't even give Allen more than 2 seconds. I can hardly believe you can consider putting this one on Allen. He makes mistakes when he does too much, as a lot of QBs do. Look at Stafford tonight.

There's so many more . I'll post the evidence tmrw. Go Bills

57 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No.   

He actually did take the underneath stuff today and there was minimal yac 

Beasely and Singletary combined for 15 catches - for 76 yards.  

Cole had 8 catches for 33 yards.  

How's that even possible????

Every time Beasley,  Singletary or McKenzie caught the ball they were Immediately tackled. We get zero YAC from our receivers. Josh played poorly but the OL $#!+ the bed again.....

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That's an EASY 7

Allen has not been sharp at all taking the option clearly that is best presented to him.  He has constantly thrown bad passes to many times in situations like this and the result.  Field goals.  Last three games are proof of this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Every time Beasley,  Singletary or McKenzie caught the ball they were Immediately tackled. We get zero YAC from our receivers. Josh played poorly but the OL $#!+ the bed again.....

It's crazy how you people can be shown evidence n still blame anyone but Josh

This high school throw to Moss , easy TD.

And they were there all night he just holds the ball too long.

Just cause the OL sukked doesn't mean what I'm saying can't be true as well 

Things get quiet when that evidence shows up.. 

For one thing it’s not evidence it’s your opinion a still shot does not show everything that’s going on in that play

PS stop responding to your own posts you look like an idiot

Edited by John from Riverside

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

Josh does need to settle for the smaller plays sometimes. 

However this was a total offensive side of the ball loss.

From terrible blocking, to uninspired play calls, to average running, to drops and fumbles out of bounds. And of course, Joshs turnovers. Plenty of things need to change and Josh needs a lot more help.

Spot on here.👍

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

It's crazy how you people can be shown evidence n still blame anyone but Josh

This high school throw to Moss , easy TD.

And they were there all night he just holds the ball too long.

Just cause the OL sukked doesn't mean what I'm saying can't be true as well 

I see what looks like a LB and a CB ready to bear down on him.  Doesn't look like a easy walk in TD like you're describing.  Maybe he gets in, I can't really say but it's not as definitive as you're making it out to be.

That being said you're on an absolute tirade, you're quoting and replying to yourself, so I think it might be time to take a breather.

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That's an EASY 7

Nope. Those 2 defenders standing next to each other on the goal line will reach Moss before he accelerates and they will swarm tackle him. Maybe Alvin Kamara gets in the end zone there. Not Moss. Looks like maybe a 3 yard gain to me and then the Bills probably kick the field goal anyways. Allen needs to wait another couple seconds for a TD to open.

Unfortunately about a tenth of a second after this still, Allen has pressure in his face from the DT. That's about 3 seconds after the snap and the Jaguars only rushed 4. This is a really poor example of the point you're trying to make, but a great example of the primary issue that plagued our offense all day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He hits Moss in stride we win the game. This was a common theme all day. 

it’s 3rd and goal and there are two Jag defenders on the goal line waiting.  Moss would have probably been tackled around the 3 yd line.  Those LBs are staring at Moss.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

it’s 3rd and goal and there is two Jag defenders on the goal line waiting.  Moss would have probably been tackled around the 3 yd line.  Those LBs are staring at Moss.

He also would need to wait until he could see him come open around the other hash lol unless OP wants him to lob a 5yard pass over the middle on third and goal😂😂

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

He refuses to just get a quick 6 7 yards to the RB or TE real quick, always looking to push and get the intermediate routes and he's phenomenal but you have to also take these easy 5 10 yard passes. 

He killed so many drives because of this.

D played phenomenal 

ST played phenomenal 

O played decent,  but Allen's refusal to throw underneath quickly, when you're facing a ton of pressure is his Worse trait and I love him for it at the same time but today it lost us what should have been a 2 TD win. He killed multiple drives directly because of this against one of the worse teams in the game. 

This one was on 17. 

You people refuse to admit or admit this fatal flaw. I know I'm going to get flack. I love 17 . Just being real. Giving my opinion. 

I notice this specifically on throws where he goes to a receiver in the middle of the field. There are fringe receivers and RBs always open. OK, it may be for 4 yards, but it makes the next play less obvious. Too often we are on 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 8 because Josh is looking for a player in the middle of the field or deep almost everytime. A RB won't get a pass his way unless Josh is looking directly at him and a blitz is staring him in the face. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

He also would need to wait until he could see him come open around the other hash lol unless OP wants him to lob a 5yard pass over the middle on third and goal😂😂

I want a laser in stride, by the time defenders react . Maybe make contact at 1 but Moss is gonna bulldoze in. You see it every week. Simple throw

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

it’s 3rd and goal and there is two Jag defenders on the goal line waiting.  Moss would have probably been tackled around the 3 yd line.  Those LBs are staring at Moss.

A good RB in this position makes a catch on the 3 yard line and puts on a move on the LB  close enough to dive into the end zone.  Like I have said earlier we have no chance at these type's of plays due to our anemic RB's lack of speed and strength.

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No.   

He actually did take the underneath stuff today and there was minimal yac 

Beasely and Singletary combined for 15 catches - for 76 yards.  

Cole had 8 catches for 33 yards.  

How's that even possible????

True.  Really poor play calling and play design. No creativity. No misdirection. No jet sweeps.  Nothing but very vanilla , predictable patterns we have seen the past month , so you know Jax had plenty of film and showed they were well prepared. Josh certainly had a terrible game with poor decisions, reverting to the hero ball stuff (almost always refusing to hand the ball off on rpos and the jags were waiting for him !).  Bill Cower even said it’s up to Daboll to reign Josh in by better play calling ( get away from the rpos) , and he said it’s imperative for the Bills to develop a run game as you can’t enter the playoffs as a one dimensional team.   This type of game plan is going no where fast.  Question is can Mcd exert some authority with Daboll, during his presser Mcd said 9 Carrie’s for 22 yards by the backs is not enough.  

Now will he do something about it !?   With this line Daboll better  get creative or this season will go downhill fast.  The pats are a tough D , hard running team and now they are only 1/2 game back.  Suddenly we are not the powerhouse everyone was making us out to be.  The colts , pats , saints, Bucs are all built with good running games and I think we will have trouble with them.  Josh needs help , he needs support from a running game because without it he reverts to hero ball and we see where that ends up.   If I’m mcd , I bring up a back like Williams or I start looking at practice squads to grab a back that can run hard and help overcome the line issues. Our backs can’t overcome the line issues.   Can’t just sit still or you;will get same results that we actually saw in last years afc championship game where the run blocking was terrible ( Williams looked terrible in that game and so did other lineman yet we just stuck with them as we failed in FA to get any help).  Mcd had a poor game today. , crazy decisions like not trying a punt return at the end of the game,,,,,  pretty unlikely to block a punt when they know you’re coming as opposed to getting a return as mckenzie  at least has shown he can make it happen !  I’m keeping expectations low for now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

How do you propose he throw that? You want him to throw it through Boettger and the guy he’s blocking?

I can't do it.

This used to be a great board with alot of knowledge n insightful convos.

Idk what to call it now. You can't even have an honest debate without getting heckled 

That throw to Moss is EASY. How can you look at the picture n not see an easy TD? 

Mind Boggling 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

ITS NOT EVIDENCE

He got sacked when he could have had an easy 10 yards...smh...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I can't do it.

Idk what to call it now. You can't even have an honest debate without getting heckled 

That throw to Moss is EASY. How can you look at the picture n not see an easy TD? 

Mind Boggling 

Easy TD. Lead the RB and his momentum takes him in or pretty close. Brady won 7 Super Bowls doing this. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Where?? 

And look at Sweeney with his hand open.

These are easy yards. 

I meant 96, not sure why i wrote 25. Both of those guys are a hairs breath away. Singletary hadn't completed his route yet. Show me a screen of when Singletary makes his break and is looking for the ball.

Capture.JPG

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I meant 96, not sure why i wrote 25. Both of those guys are a hairs breath away. Singletary hadn't completed his route yet. Show me a screen of when Singletary makes his break and is looking for the ball.

Capture.JPG

Sweeney or Motor get 10 15 yards here. Are you serious? 

I can't do it.

Mind Boggling 

Stop.  It’s not going to be a TD.  He’s at the 6  and two Jag defenders at the goal line squared up on him waiting to pounce.  If anything, he had a small window to hit Diggs after Diggs cleared that LB to the right.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I can't do it.

Mind Boggling 

You claim to want an honest debate and then show a still photo of a play that was completed for a first down? Come on

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Easy 8-15 yards.

Where's everyone that needed evidence 

Screenshot_20211108-010335_YouTube.jpg

Here: 

1st & 10 at JAX 48

(15:00 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short left to S.Diggs pushed ob at JAX 34 for 14 yards (M.Jack).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I can't do it.

Mind Boggling 

You literally have 3 defenders (one off screen) with no one to guard watching the screen to Moss. How can you guarantee a td there? You want discussion? That is the argument that Allen was trying for the TD, not a 5 yard gain and a field goal.

Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You claim to want an honest debate and then show a still photo of a play that was completed for a first down? Come on

Here: 

1st & 10 at JAX 48

(15:00 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short left to S.Diggs pushed ob at JAX 34 for 14 yards (M.Jack).

It's just showing in general he has consistent underneath options but seems to always go for big yards. 

Sometimes you gotta take that easy 8 yards. 

You can have fun with 2nd n 2. Not so much with 2nd n 10

Edited by JerseyBills

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

If anything, he had a small window to hit Diggs after Diggs cleared that LB to the right.

That would have been the play if he was given another half a second. But literally a tenth of a second after that still, when the game clock still reads 4:04, there is a DT in his face and he has to roll out of the pocket. These DTs by the way are backup caliber pass rushers and one of them is getting to Allen 3 seconds after the snap with a vanilla 4-man pressure. I think all-22 reviews of the game will show a lot of similar plays. And people wonder why Allen looked rattled in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Sweeney or Motor get 10 15 yards here. Are you serious? 

I don't have all 22 but a still shot with what looks like a free defender running towards Josh and another defender winning on the other side doesn't convince me that literally a half a second after this still shot those didn't guys get to Josh. You did say it was a sack right?

Edited by What a Tuel

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

It's just showing in general he has consistent underneath options but seems to always go for big yards. 

Sometimes you gotta take that easy 8 yards. 

You can have fun with 2nd n 2. Not so much with 2nd n 10

You're making the case of an open underneath player on a play where there was an open player deeper and it was completed for a 1st down. Josh took plenty of underneath plays today.  It sounds like you want him to read short to long, but our offense is designed the other way, it's been stated many times. But when you hit the underneath routes, you expect them to make someone miss once in a while.

You combed through broadcast footage and took screenshots to prove that the Bills have RBs running check down routes? Thank you for your service.

11 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

You literally have 3 defenders (one off screen) with no one to guard watching the screen to Moss. How can you guarantee a td there? You want discussion? That is the argument that Allen was trying for the TD, not a 5 yard gain and a field goal.

Capture.JPG

You don't think there's a solid chance Moss splits the D and walks in.

We see these type of TDs every week. Only 2 defenders would have had an impact. Moss has all the momentum as well.

USUALLY Easy TD

He threw to Moss there too on the right sideline 

Incomplete.....

Edited by JerseyBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.