11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Please do whatever you can to sign Mike Gesicki next year to pair with Knox. 

then Draft OG, OG, C, CB 

I would do terrible things to get Gesicki in a Bills uniform. He's an absolute stud being wasted down there. 

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Does Bobby Johnson deserve blame for where the OL is right now? Does our golden boy Brandon Beane deserve any? I say YES

Seems he got a legit OT in Brown. Why not put Doyle on the field today McD. Obviously the Ford Williams combo wasn’t working 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Seems he got a legit OT in Brown. Why not put Doyle on the field today McD. Obviously the Ford Williams combo wasn’t working 

I guess he thinks he's not good enough yet. Which when you think about him not being better than Ford is downright scary.

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Does Bobby Johnson deserve blame for where the OL is right now? Does our golden boy Brandon Beane deserve any? I say YES

I hear alot of blame going around, but I don't see these names enough. The OL has impacted the whole club negatively.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I guess he thinks he's not good enough yet. Which when you think about him not being better than Ford is downright scary.

They didn’t think Brown was good enough either.  Got to play due to INJ and absolutely took the job. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I said replace him with OBJ

And then you said put him on the practice squad… which would require waiving him… and then you doubled down and said you knew that getting him on the practice squad would require waiving him. Then you questioned why other teams would even consider claiming him… 

Deep hole to dig out of… 

12 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Absolutely both Johnson and Beane deserve some blame. However, today’s loss is on everyone. 

Edited by Iverwig

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

And then you said put him on the practice squad… which would require waiving him… and then you doubled down and said you knew that getting him on the practice squad would require waiving him. Then you questioned why other teams would even consider claiming him… 

Deep hole to dig out of… 

Post-game overreaction...so sue me

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Cody Ford makes me miss Vlad Ducasse. Yes…he’s that bad. 

Which is crazy to think about.  Ford has never been good, but this season and this game he's been incredibly bad. Why is he regressing so badly?

Defenses are clearly lining up and playing pass.  When we come out and run the ball 15 to 20 times in a half and come away with nothing I'll be whole heartedly behind mixing in screens and empty sets and trying other stuff.  Defense is getting blown out and we go to throwing every down I'm all for it.  Otherwise if we keep coming out and running the ball 3 or 4 times in the first half and the backs only carry it 9 or 10 times all game I will not be surprised to see turnovers and defenses sitting on all our passes.  If you make an honest attempt at running the ball there are a lot of options for beating pressure besides going to empty sets and running wr jet sweeps more than actual running plays.  People are blaming the backs more and more but I have seen no evidence to support that at all.  The less carries they give Singletary the worse the offense looks.  Singletary definitely is a back who pops off chunk runs but he's not going to do that when he gets 6 carries a game.

10 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Ya that is scary, maybe this was the last effort in hopes that it might click for Ford or see some flashes and not go down as a massive bust? But after today I gotta imagine there's guys on the streets that could fill in better than ford.

• Haha (+1) 1

Horrible performance on offense but without a doubt EVERYTHING that could’ve went wrong, went wrong.

Speaking of which… whatever happened to Tre White on that dropped int late in the 4th quarter?  He okay?

I missed the first half but watched the entire 2nd.. about the ONLY break I can think of us getting was the missed deep ball by TLaw that would’ve put the game away right then and there.  

the other 15+ “Things that could go wrong” went wrong for the Bills

I have a thought and I’m not sure if I know the answer. Why don’t we use Gilliam in pass protection? It’s not like he can’t catch and it’s not like he can’t run. Use him in the backfield and a RB on pass plays. He could give Josh real strong pass protection from a RB and he can make plays in the passing game. He was a TE

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Defenses are clearly lining up and playing pass.  When we come out and run the ball 15 to 20 times in a half and come away with nothing I'll be whole heartedly behind mixing in screens and empty sets and trying other stuff.  Defense is getting blown out and we go to throwing every down I'm all for it.  Otherwise if we keep coming out and running the ball 3 or 4 times in the first half and the backs only carry it 9 or 10 times all game I will not be surprised to see turnovers and defenses sitting on all our passes.  If you make an honest attempt at running the ball there are a lot of options for beating pressure besides going to empty sets and running wr jet sweeps more than actual running plays.  People are blaming the backs more and more but I have seen no evidence to support that at all.  The less carries they give Singletary the worse the offense looks.  Singletary definitely is a back who pops off chunk runs but he's not going to do that when he gets 6 carries a game.

I don't know.  I haven't seen anything from our RB's to make me believe that feeding them the ball 20 times wouldn't result in a lot of 3 and outs.  The Bills RB's are small, slow and don't make people miss. Today the backs were one on one in space several times and didn't make the defenders miss.  

35 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I agree but our running backs are not what I consider even close to elite either.  They don't have elite speed, they are only average on catching balls,  they are below average when it comes to avoiding contact by the first defender at the LOS, they can never seem to find or squeeze through a small seam or gap that a lot of other running backs typically do.  We just seem to be missing the bigger stronger back that has the speed and can hit the LOS with quickness when its needed and sorely missed.

Moss has shown glimpses of talent. He’d be an acceptable #2 back. Singletary is busted though. Slow and indecisive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Which is crazy to think about.  Ford has never been good, but this season and this game he's been incredibly bad. Why is he regressing so badly?

Great question. I thought he was too slow as a tackle. First year proved that. Count me in as someone who thought he’d make a great guard. Wrong. I’m sure being yanked in and out of the lineup has done little for his confidence, but I don’t think he’s that good.

All that said, my finger is starting to point squarely at Bobby Johnson a bit. The oline coach. I’m starting to think the guy isn’t that good. I get that they haven’t stocked the cupboard with a ton of talent (that’s on Beane), but come on dude. This is embarrassing. We get zero push in the run game since he’s been here. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i re-watched it after it happened and I just watched it there. Ike flinched a little first— very slight.

I saw the same thing, seemed to me he leaned backward just a slight little bit. Odd tho, from what I read through the GDT, Jags O lineman were false starting left and right and weren't called

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

If by ‘flinched” you mean breathed air, then maybe…

you can see it better on TV or a less grainy screen. I was sure it was on the jags, but when I rewound it, it was clearly on Ike. 

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

I saw the same thing, seemed to me he leaned backward just a slight little bit. Odd tho, from what I read through the GDT, Jags O lineman were false starting left and right and weren't called

the jags line seemed to move early all game. It was really odd. 

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't know.  I haven't seen anything from our RB's to make me believe that feeding them the ball 20 times wouldn't result in a lot of 3 and outs.  The Bills RB's are small, slow and don't make people miss. Today the backs were one on one in space several times and didn't make the defenders miss.  

Singletary carried 6 times and 3 out of the 6 carries were for 4 or more yards.  That said 6 carries isn't enough for any back.  For the season if he gets more than 10 carries he's averaging more than 60 yards.  When he gets carries the production is there.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Great question. I thought he was too slow as a tackle. First year proved that. Count me in as someone who thought he’d make a great guard. Wrong. I’m sure being yanked in and out of the lineup has done little for his confidence, but I don’t think he’s that good.

All that said, my finger is starting to point squarely at Bobby Johnson a bit. The oline coach. I’m starting to think the guy isn’t that good. I get that they haven’t stocked the cupboard with a ton of talent (that’s on Beane), but come on dude. This is embarrassing. We get zero push in the run game since he’s been here. 

Like your take, when our 2nd half issues were in full swing last year many immediately said it was a coaching issue. And now looking at our line performance from last year and this year even when healthy has arguably regressed. Not alot of people have talked about the coaching, im not saying that's the definite problem but it's a fair question to ask.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.