11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

But do you blame him for dumping it off today, other games i can understand you're frustration but today he plain and simply got killed. Like I said before I'm surprised he even got up after a few of those hits they were lighting him up.

I blame the play calls. Predictable passes behind the line of scrimmage. It’s like we are game planning to hide a qb that either can’t read a defense or has a weak arm. Or we think that is the only way to beat the blitz. 

• Vomit 1

Man, I wish Allen had kept running on that 2nd down play. He gets the 1st & puts them in FG range.

They deserved to lose, though.  They have to figure this out - last week's game felt exactly like this one, except we got a few plays at the end.  We can't play like this if we want to be one of the contenders.

10 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

no, its because if you have a choice you dont roll out to your left if you are right handed...... He started escaping early because he had no faith in the Oline and rightfully so, he couldnt even step up in pocket

It was so bad that they started bull-rushing the left side of the line.

This needs to be fixed. We need a starting LT badly.

Josh can’t hide this many deficiencies on the line. 

it isn’t Covid. Dawkins just sucks.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Alright, back to Tyrod/nameless journeyman No. 341859 because Josh had an off game. Whatever helps you confirm your priors. 

Did I say any of that or are you going with your straw man because how dare someone criticize bad play from the 250M man 

Win some, lose some... this is why folks don't get rich betting football.

I think they looked past the Jaguars. Better not make the same mistake with the Jets.

I don't care what we looked like today, I wouldn't trade places with a Jagoff fan.  Our team isn't as good as some thought... but no one was penciling Tampa Bay in for Super Bowl participant at this point last year. 

Let's see how they react.

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Daboll needs to sit down with entire offense and figure out how to run the damn ball to take some pressure off it.... or call a quick slant... or maybe designed bootleg instead of doing the same drop back over and over with Josh facing pressure for all angles

If we can’t go the play action or rpo then scrap it. Go back to shotgun with a deep drop or roll out. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did I say any of that or are you going with your straw man because how dare someone criticize bad play from the 250M man 

There's criticizing and then there's the obvious "we shouldn't have paid Josh" schtick you don't mask very well. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Why because I am a fan that can truly call it like I see it.  He has not been good this year.  You are a fool if you think that his last three games he has played, have been played with a quarterback that is making the proper decisions when they need to be made.  Josh is a just one of reasons for this this teams offensive fall off.  But I don't hold you responsible for your lack of football IQ.

Haha that’s fine, you’re calling it like you see it, and that’s why I’ll hold you responsible for your lack of football IQ. 😂😂😂

There’s plenty wrong with this team right now, but pinning it on Josh Allen is idiotic.  

This team doesn’t win football games without Josh Allen and Josh Allen playing the way he has is still better than 99% of QBs in the league. He was the front runner for MVP going into today for God’s sake.

You’re telling me your football IQ is greater than Vegas’? 

You’re a fool if you expect perfection with an offensive line that couldn’t block a Pop Warner team. Yes, you’re expecting perfection at this point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Their right tackle was up early at least 5 times.  And on the 4th and 2, they were Offside, and somehow Boettger got the flag.  Instead of 1st and 10 at the 37, we punt from the 47.  

The officials officially sucked.  The fix was in.

I dont think the NFL goes "hey lets F this one team in particular" but I do believe there is a "fix" to keep games competitive. They dont want blow outs because people tune out. Seemed outside of the weird Boettger false start (meanwhile they missed the SUPER obvious 3rd down one Jags had on the 5 yard line) suddenly second half all the weird penalties were gone (unsportsmanlike suddenly was forgotten about).

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Daboll needs to sit down with entire offense and figure out how to run the damn ball to take some pressure off it.... or call a quick slant... or maybe designed bootleg instead of doing the same drop back over and over with Josh facing pressure for all angles

If you line can’t block, there’s nothing to figure out. Josh is our only chance, and even then he can’t win them all by himself.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

A Huge Chunk. Two Fumbles. 2 picks. Missing open WRs. Sorry that isn’t a MVP or franchise play from a 1/4 Billion man. 

Drops from Beasley, Sanders and David didn't help. I agree, he was a mess today in the second half but at the same time he couldn't win - he tried to throw and there were little options, he held on and got sacked.

This is season defining now. Our team has the capability of being Super Bowl contenders, even now, but we need to wake up in every single department on Offense (bar Bass). No more excuses, no more days like today. And if there is just one more, we're done.

Just now, ngbills said:

I blame the play calls. Predictable passes behind the line of scrimmage. It’s like we are game planning to hide a qb that either can’t read a defense or has a weak arm. Or we think that is the only way to beat the blitz. 

Just wondering how would you beat the rush he saw today, most of those pressure he saw today again was with them rushing 4 which allowed them to sit in zone and take away all the deep routes that take time to develop. I hated the play calling myself but without a running game how do we attack it.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Talk about Beasley's 40-yard drop or Davis' drop that likely would have gotten us to at least field goal range. 

Beasley shouldn’t have been in the game. That was evident early. Josh also could have not taken a sack fumble IN FG range. Right?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.