Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

I support Aaron Rodgers (no surprise to most), but I do get why Prevea Health dropped him. 

If he starts talking about how he self-insures and thinks insurance companies are profit hungry, I suspect State Farm would drop him as well.

To the latter: Exactly.  Not only that, how there's this and that and the other problem with the products they offer so some other strategy will work better.

As a player, I think Aaron Rodgers is one of the all time greats.  And he absolutely has the right to not get vaccinated under the NFL/NFLPA rules

As a man, I'm just curious: Why do you support Rodgers in this?

It was plainly unnecessary for him to have done as he did.   Someone posted the clip of Josh Allen being asked the same question, and Josh said straight up "I'm going to keep medical information private, and discussions with the team in-house".  He got a few follow up questions about the protocols and said stuff like "at the end of the day, we're all professionals".   He was very professional, and treated professionally by the press.

There may have been an article or two or a tweet or 10 expressing that he should "show leadership" by getting vaxxed and talking about it like Mahomie did, but that's far from the "Woke" Mob with tar and pitchforks that Rodgers would have you believe was lurking waiting to pounce on such a response, and it died off quickly.

So why is it OK to, at best, be deceptive or (IMO) lie as Rodgers did?

I'll see if I can find it, but Rodgers was on Pat McAfee last week before any vax kerfluffle pontificating about how he is "above" the "game" where the "woke mob" attacks you for one little thing you do against "them", so he plainly has a bug up his butt (or is paranoid) about this trope.

Where I grew up, a Man's Word was his Bond, lieing or even being deceptive was considered chickenshit, and it was a manly attribute to stand up for what you believe in, damn the torpedoes - this was in communities that were predominantly conservative and staunchly Christian. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To the latter: Exactly.  Not only that, how there's this and that and the other problem with the products they offer so some other strategy will work better.

As a player, I think Aaron Rodgers is one of the all time greats.  And he absolutely has the right to not get vaccinated under the NFL/NFLPA rules

As a man, I'm just curious: Why do you support Rodgers in this?

It was plainly unnecessary for him to have done as he did.   Someone posted the clip of Josh Allen being asked the same question, and Josh said straight up "I'm going to keep medical information private, and discussions with the team in-house".  He got a few follow up questions about the protocols and said stuff like "at the end of the day, we're all professionals".   He was very professional, and treated professionally by the press.

There may have been an article or two or a tweet or 10 expressing that he should "show leadership" by getting vaxxed and talking about it like Mahomie did, but that's far from the "Woke" Mob with tar and pitchforks that Rodgers would have you believe was lurking waiting to pounce on such a response, and it died off quickly.

So why is it OK to, at best, be deceptive and (IMO) lie as Rodgers did?

yes . quite a few posters love it when players go  off the rails with public statements related to COVID 

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

I support Aaron Rodgers (no surprise to most), but I do get why Prevea Health dropped him.  

If he starts talking about how he self-insures and thinks insurance companies are profit hungry, I suspect State Farm would drop him as well. 

OK with me so long as Josh doesn’t take his place next to the Rat. :sick:

Rapaport reporting

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-aaron-rodgers-could-face-fines-but-no-suspension-if-covid-violations-are?campaign=Twitter_atn

Says Rodgers will face fines but not suspension if protocol violations are confirmed.

"I really felt like, at the time, there was a time and place for sharing of information," Rodgers said. "It was such a witch hunt. They wanted to out and shame and denigrate every single person who didn't immediately say, 'Oh I got the Pfizer, I got the Moderna,' whatever. I wanted it to go away. Everyone on the squad knew I was not vaccinated, everyone in the organization knew I wasn't vaccinated. I wasn't hiding it from anybody. I was trying to minimize and mitigate this conversation that would go on and on."

This is such excuse-making BS.  There was no "witch hunt" outing and shaming Po or Allen or Edmunds or others who said "I'm going to keep medical information private" "I'm not going to answer questions about the vaccines" etc.  They got maybe a handful of Op-Ed pieces and tweets saying they should show leadership, what, after 17 years in the league Rodgers can't handle that level of heat? 

39 minutes ago, Rico said:

OK with me so long as Josh doesn’t take his place next to the Rat. :sick:

Ha, yeah, I think the insurance company ads with QBs have gotten old.

Will we be saying the same vitriolic things about Allen, who potentially is also not vaccinated, if he gets COVID? 

If one thing is certain, looking at the scores of vapid posts here bashing podcast hosts and personal medical opinions by non doctors, politics makes us dumb and intellectually dishonest. 

Rodgers should’ve just said personal health is none of our business instead of the deceptive verbiage he used but at the end of the day it should be his business alone.

Edited by Just in Atlanta
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Will we be saying the same vitriolic things about Allen, who potentially is also not vaccinated, if he gets COVID? 

If one thing is certain, looking at the scores of vapid posts here bashing podcast hosts and personal medical opinions by non doctors, politics makes us dumb and intellectually dishonest. 

Rodgers should’ve just said personal health is none of our business instead of the deceptive verbiage he used but at the end of the day it should be his business alone.

We're not going to discuss politics here, including whether it's the podcast hosts and the non-doctors vs. the people who bash them who are "dumb and intellectually dishonest".  I take it you go for the latter.  Me, I think life was better when people took medical advice from trusted medical professionals of their choice, medications weren't advertised on TV, and podcast hosts/stars didn't play "medical professional" on the web.  You do You. 

Agree with the bolded.  It's what Allen and some others have done, and it seems to have been accepted.

but

When NFL protocols cause vax status to impact game availability, it enters that blurry land between "medical privacy" and "the (betting) public's right to know"

It's certainly not out-of-bounds to ask a question when it impacts game availability, whether the player answers or not.  (Me, I think "***** the betting public and their right to know" and ditch the Injury Reports, too while we're at it)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're not going to discuss politics here, including whether it's the podcast hosts and the non-doctors vs. the people who bash them who are "dumb and intellectually dishonest".  I take it you go for the latter.  Me, I think life was better when people took medical advice from trusted medical professionals of their choice, medications weren't advertised on TV, and podcast hosts/stars didn't play "medical professional" on the web.  You do You. 

Agree with the bolded.  It's what Allen and some others have done, and it seems to have been accepted.

but

When NFL protocols cause vax status to impact game availability, it enters that blurry land between "medical privacy" and "the (betting) public's right to know"

It's certainly not out-of-bounds to ask a question when it impacts game availability, whether the player answers or not.  (Me, I think "***** the betting public and their right to know" and ditch the Injury Reports, too while we're at it)

They don’t call it gambling for nothing...😉

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

but

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

i get a little giggle every time someone repeatedly gets the acronym for HIPAA wrong.

Reminds me of one of my favorite memes...

E7FT0SVWUAUSSNT.thumb.jpeg.bbab065eb2fdc9ef2c6f8cf223b3d3cd.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

The manufactured outrage on the Rodgers Covid stuff is hilarious.

Who really cares? I mean seriously. How long until Florio starts asking on his platforms whether it's time for the Packers to release Rodgers?

What did Rodgers do that is such an outrage? You thought he was vaccinated, which is none of our business, and then he went on about his wack a doodle earth remedies, which is his right regardless of what we think. 

We just love a good celebrity tear down. It's really that simple. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Packers fined $300K, Aaron Rodgers, Allen Lazard fined $14K for violation of COVID protocols 

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-fined-300k-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-14k-for-violation-of-covid-p

The team was also notified that future violations could be subject to more severe discipline, such as lowered or lost draft picks, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

There is more in the article

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Packers fined $300K, Aaron Rodgers, Allen Lazard fined $14K for violation of COVID protocols 

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-fined-300k-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-14k-for-violation-of-covid-p

I think it's a double standard that they noted

there were a few instances in which Rodgers and Lazard were not wearing face coverings inside the team facility, which is a violation of protocol. However, the league found the team was otherwise compliant and there was no widespread or systematic mask-wearing violations, Garafolo reported.

I'm salty.  They fine our guys for an instance or two, they need to fine Lazard and Rodgers for that, too.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No they didn't,  The $14k was for attending the Halloween party, which violates the "not supposed to gather with more than 3 players outside the facility".

They should get another $14k each for the masking violations.

Im sure they just lumped them all together.  They were also warned that any more violations would be more serious penalties.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im sure they just lumped them all together.  They were also warned that any more violations would be more serious penalties.

The penalty should be that Tony Corrente does the remainder of the Packers games. 🤪

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The latter warning is boilerplate.  And if our guys get $14k just for masking, why do their guys get a discount?

Don't mess with Rodgers's discount.  

discount-double-check.gif

BTW, a 14 thousand dollar fine for how much he's making this year equates to about a $66 fine for somebody making 100k a year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Don't mess with Rodgers's discount.  

discount-double-check.gif

BTW, a 14 thousand dollar fine for how much he's making this year equates to about a $66 fine for somebody making 100k a year.

I mean Cee Dee Lamb got fined 20k for having his Jersey untucked. Doesn’t add up with how seriously they take the protocols. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean Cee Dee Lamb got fined 20k for having his Jersey untucked. Doesn’t add up with how seriously they take the protocols. 

You and I are apparently not alone in that perception:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/09/others-teams-are-outraged-by-leagues-handling-of-packers-aaron-rodgers/

Rodgers repeatedly violated COVID protocols by not wearing a mask during press conferences in the facility; the NFL now admits that. But the league claims the Packers should have been enforcing the protocols, and the league refuses to regard multiple violations as “repeat” violations. The Packers never fined Rodgers for the violations, and it presumably won’t do it now.

As one source put it on Tuesday night, “That’s bull####.” If, for example, someone engages in shoplifting twice a week every week for eight weeks, the person has committed 16 violations of the shoplifting laws. There should be 16 penalties.

Rodgers, however, got one penalty — for attending the team’s Halloween party. And the prior violations will go unpunished. Given that multiple teams faced multiple punishments last year (the Saints eventually lost a 2022 sixth-round draft pick), it comes off as favoritism for the Packers.

Other teams don’t benefit from that kind of lenience. Thus, other teams are pissed about what has happened. And they should be.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If this was a player on the Lions, I'm sure the league's hammer would be much bigger.

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

In other news, Aaron Rodger’s couch cushions were forced to give up most of their loose change this week. 💰:worthy:

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or one of our players - they got smacked the same amount for a single brief instance of improper mask wearing

Perhaps that's why the Packers are being fined so much. They failed to enforce the protocols with Rodgers (because they are scared of him).

Honestly, based on the fine, totally worth it for the Packers to keep Aaron happy and totally worth it for Aaron to gamble on not getting caught while avoiding all the nagging questions about his bad status.

Pretty much a joke. But the NFL has been ridiculous all year and especially the last few weeks.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or one of our players - they got smacked the same amount for a single brief instance of improper mask wearing

No, Bills players were repeat offenders. Already warned by the NFL. Fine came after the Bills players again broke protocol. I don't think the Bills team was fined.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Honestly, based on the fine, totally worth it for the Packers to keep Aaron happy and totally worth it for Aaron to gamble on not getting caught while avoiding all the nagging questions about his bad status.

Pretty much a joke. But the NFL has been ridiculous all year and especially the last few weeks.

Rodgers didn't do anything worth more than a fine. A fine has been standard for breaking protocols.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rodgers didn't do anything worth more than a fine. A fine has been standard for breaking protocols.

Florio's point (and mine) is that if you shoplift 16 times and then pickpocket and steal from a car, it doesn't get rolled into one single charge and penalty.

The fine is standard, but treating it as one instance and fining the same amount as for one instance is baloney.

You may disagree, that's .........................fine

(seewhatIdid?)