SNF: Bucs at Pats* 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

Just now, mannc said:

He’s 24-29 for 230 yards after three quarters against the Súper bowl champs.  And he’s got no offensive weapons to speak of, and no running game. If this was a Bills QB in his fourth start, you’d be overjoyed.

Yeah probably I'd also know deep down that the Super Bowl Champs were playing like *****.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, mannc said:

He’s 24-29 for 230 yards after three quarters against the Súper bowl champs.  And he’s got no offensive weapons to speak of, and no running game. If this was a Bills QB in his fourth start, you’d be overjoyed.

We were.  His name was Trent Edward's.  Didn't end up that well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

He has $330 million in offensive weapons... Why are you not at your son's game?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

He's playing well.

But what has he done Tonight to "wow" you?

4 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

Definitely looks better than the other rookies here.

I would still take Lawrence and Wilson over him if I was starting an NFL franchise. Jones might be better now but he has not shown anything close to the potential of those other two. To be an elite QB eventually you have to create something out of nothing. I haven't seen even a hint of that ability from Jones. He does a lot of things pretty well but nothing particularly well.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Against a DEPLETED secondary.  Jones is playing well, but I would t consider anything he is doing as “comparison to Brady”.  14 points at home against a secondary that had to sign Sherman just to field some corners.

what’s more interesting is teams are going to have the BB game plan against Brady.  It’s shown to be effective so far.

Just now, TBBills said:

Exactly he is just dink and dunk down the field with easy passes, the second he needs to hold the ball and look for more than one option he becomes a statue.

Yep exactly.

Like I'll give him credit he's doing well tonight.

But I definitely think it's fair to question his ceiling as he hasn't shown anything that he can beat a defensive over the top. 

Yet at least.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Really 20 million in TEs is nothing?

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would still take Lawrence and Wilson over him if I was starting an NFL franchise. Jones might be better now but he has not shown anything close to the potential of those other two. To be an elite QB eventually you have to create something out of nothing. I haven't seen even a hint of that ability from Jones. He does a lot of things pretty well but nothing particularly well.

I would take any of the 1st round qb's over Jones. He has the most limitations by far.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Exactly...if anyone outside this form said the same thing about Josh Allen that's being said in here his first 3 season, you would of got a lot of oh they are just "talk heads" they do not know crap.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

Exactly...if anyone outside this form said the same thing about Josh Allen that's being said in here his first 3 season, you would of got a lot of oh there are just "talk heads" they do not know crap.

Traits> Stats  in the 1st year.

Josh definitely struggled in 2018 but you could just see the potential with him.

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Exactly...if anyone outside this form said the same thing about Josh Allen that's being said in here his first 3 season, you would of got a lot of oh there are just "talk heads" they do not know crap.

I think Josh throwing for 159 yards and 50% completion in games as a rookie showed a lot more promise than Jones tonight. 

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Exactly...if anyone outside this form said the same thing about Josh Allen that's being said in here his first 3 season, you would of got a lot of oh they are just "talk heads" they do not know crap.

That is what we are saying is the talking heads that are over hyping a guy who just looks like a .500 QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.