10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans Postgame Thread

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there is literally nothing negative about this, guy's a Bills fan he has every right to be celebrating them right now.

Sure he does, and I have every right not to like him.  He can stay away as far as I'm concerned.  Go Bills! as Tim Russert would say.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He is the first piece in the rebuild of the OLine I think. I keep saying this, but like we did with the WR room then the DLine, our OLine is next. I expect this to be heavily addressed this offseason. 

Great point. I'd add signing Dawkins long-term was another step in that direction. But the big changes should come next offseason.

Would like to see a Center and a Guard drafted early. Interior OL drafted back to back like DE.

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

There is literally a statue of Tim Horton in Buffalo, it’s at one of the entrances to Canalside.

Sure, the statue respects his HOCKEY contributions.

But his coffee is second rate and only tastes good when you pollute it with double sugar and double cream.

Dunkin has superior coffee. It deeply saddens me to say they are a New England company.

Just now, WideNine said:

As is every position, but I will take over 250 yards passing (in the pouring rain) and 199 yards rushing as "progress" any day.

Got to work on the Oline every year no such thing as being fine there.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great point. I'd add signing Dawkins long-term was another step in that direction. But the big changes should come next offseason.

Would like to see a Center and a Guard drafted early. Interior OL drafted back to back like DE.

I mean it's never that simple Bean's going to take guys where it makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Got to work on the Oline every year no such thing as being fine there.

I mean it's never that simple Bean's going to take guys where it makes sense.

True... just like the defense.

But having Spencer at RT and moving Williams inside looked better than what we have been seeing to date from other combinations.

Pretty sure Bean will find some more talent to plug in over the offseason, but you have to dance with the one you brought.

...and I liked what I saw with guys stepping in and stepping up.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Downhill since Burger King bought them 

The problem is 3G capital. They ruined Burger King and then in turn ruined Tim Hortons. I only say that because I can’t believe how bad BK has gotten too. 

But as for football. This is about as complete a game as you want from a super bowl contender vs. the exact opposite. Let’s get ready for a big week 5!

1 minute ago, boater said:

Sure, the statue respects his HOCKEY contributions.

But his coffee is second rate and only tastes good when you pollute it with double sugar and double cream.

Dunkin has superior coffee. It deeply saddens me to say they are a New England company.

The statue is across the street from a “Tim Horton’s”. I think that the coffee and everything else stinks, but in Buffalo and surrounding area you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a “Tim Horton’s”. There original marketing plan was to saturate Western New York and expand from there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Jeez, how many times you gonna reply to this quote.  Just an observation, take it easy. 

Once more... apparently :)

Wanted to enjoy this 40 burger we dropped on another team we held scoreless and have a low peeing in my cheerios tolerance.

Enjoy a great win.. next week will be a much tougher test.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe I shouldn’t mention this (hey, HE started it!), but I ran into a relative of Mitch Morse on a flight from Chicago to Buffalo for the opener. He was going to his first game in WNY and mentioned it would almost certainly be the last year for Morse as a Bill. I mentioned he had a year left on his deal, and he just shrugged and said “….you know…”. 

Time will tell. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

She shoved that right in Tiki's face!

Beth is okay, she does her homework, which is more than one can say about very many other sports talking heads. All this nonsense about her voice is just that. It’s incredibly predictable to see the screen names that pop up with the He Man women haters club lines.., sad really…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe I shouldn’t mention this (hey, HE started it!), but I ran into a relative of Mitch Morse on a flight from Chicago to Buffalo for the opener. He was going to his first game in WNY and mentioned it would almost certainly be the last year for Morse as a Bill. I mentioned he had a year left on his deal, and he just shrugged and said “….you know…”. 

Time will tell. 

I mean it's always been a worry with the whole concussion thing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Beth is okay, she does her homework, which is more than one can say about very many other sports talking heads. All this nonsense about her voice is just that. It’s incredibly predictable to see the screen names that pop up with the He Man women haters club lines.., sad really…, 

Go Bills!!!

She’s just not good and her voice is shall we say, unpleasant. Has nothing to do with her gender. Plenty of male announcers catch hell on this board. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Before the game last week I expoused Star's virtues of how he is still a valuable part of the D-line even being kept off the stat sheet.  He responds with sacks in back to back games.  Ok fine Star, you do you what do I know.

We were also like 20 more yards or something on the last minute INT from not only breaking our record for biggest win, but also covering the 47 point over single-handedly. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it's always been a worry with the whole concussion thing.

Yes, and he’s NOT cheap. Gotta pay Josh? Well, he’s enjoyed a vet center as a young QB but maybe now we can only afford a younger, cheaper version? 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Steal of the draft

He will VERY quickly become a fan favorite! We don’t just have good football players, they have fun and show character. I LOVE that! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Spencer Brown might become my favorite Bill

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

She’s just not good and her voice is shall we say, unpleasant. Has nothing to do with her gender. Plenty of male announcers catch hell on this board. 

You are embarrassing yourself. 

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not because of their voices, I’ve seen and heard Beth as a sports announcer for over a decade, she is good, and a hell of a lot better than a big chunk of male announcers, this voice nonsense is incredibly petty, and does show a level of immaturity that should be embarrassing to those that spout this silliness. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Before the game last week I expoused Star's virtues of how he is still a valuable part of the D-line even being kept off the stat sheet.  He responds with sacks in back to back games.  Ok fine Star, you do you what do I know.

We were also like 20 more yards or something on the last minute INT from not only breaking our record for biggest win, but also covering the 47 point over single-handedly. 

I think he is playing better than the season prior to the one he took off.

Lost some weight, but looks better. Still anchors, but has a quicker first step to get better leverage on the double teams. Getting upfield on some passing downs too.

I was really down on Star, but more than happy if he proves me wrong and I eat crow all season long.

Zimmer keeping him fresh in the rotation helps too.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Not because of their voices, I’ve seen and heard Beth as a sports announcer for over a decade, she is good, and a hell of a lot better than a big chunk of male announcers, this voice nonsense is incredibly petty, and does show a level of immaturity that should be embarrassing to those that spout this silliness. 

Go Bills!!!

What I didn't really enjoy about our commentators today was they didn't seem to know what was going on. Serious amount of rain and ball seems to slip out early and sail high for an interception, what could possibly of happened? Guy jumps up and tips a ball that seems to be going directly toward a WR, What could Josh possibly of been trying to do?

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Tim Hortons is more Canadian culture. Not really even American. 

Maybe so but some Canadian Culture moves into and becomes part of Buffalo and WNY.    

Tim Horton’s is much bigger than Dunkin in WNY.  Just drive around Erie county and you can see that.  

There are over 220 Hortons in WNY vs ~36 Dunkins in the Buffalo area.  

• Like (+1) 1