Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

24 minutes ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

i also try to tune out sports media. It is becoming harder to do that. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I come nowhere near.  Most Bills fans are a-way too invested in the team, self identifying with the ups and downs.   I believe the profession calls it "reflected glory" syndrome or something like that.   Losses generate all kinds of hate , etc.   So, yeah, stay away until they cool off and realize there is more to life than how the freakin bills did last week.   Having said that, Go freakin Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, eball said:

Absolutely. I usually give it at least 24 hours before coming back here.

39 minutes ago, eball said:

I avoid it all. Can’t stand the naysayers and talking heads like Mensa Mike and Sloppy cheeks being doom and gloom.

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, but to be fair I avoid it after a win too. It flips to one extreme or the other. 

16 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I come nowhere near.  Most Bills fans are a-way too invested in the team, self identifying with the ups and downs.   I believe the profession calls it "reflected glory" syndrome or something like that.   Losses generate all kinds of hate , etc.   So, yeah, stay away until they cool off and realize there is more to life than how the freakin bills did last week.   Having said that, Go freakin Bills.  

Well, I learned something new today....

BIRGing (basking in reflected glory)

and

CORFing (cutting off reflected failure)

I think these are essentially what creates bandwagon fans

Edited by LeGOATski

Big difference is that the team is good now.

During the drought years, the team deserved all the abuse they got, particularly the front office, and it was easy to join in the slamming.

Right now though, certain posters can rant and rave all they want but I don’t really pay them any mind, I just look forward to the next game.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, eball said:

36 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Misery loves company however, so I do find some of the posting to be cathartic, and laugh at some of the more ridiculous takes—that said, definitely a better place to be overall after a W. Doesn’t mean I still don’t log in daily either way! :thumbsup:

After the AFC Championship game loss I may have posted here just a couple of times before the summer.

This may be my first post since the kickoff game on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

I try to avoid the gameday threads now at all costs. Used to be so much fun but there’s more haters than fans it seems now. Every play has to be the most extreme negative hot take possible. Bench this one, fire that one, we shoulda did this, this is why I wanted this player instead of this player 🤮🤮🤮 

And I do try to avoid a lot of the threads after a loss as well. Gets annoying seeing so many different opinion threads pop up that basically give no information or details. I do browse a lot and love the fast breaking news on here though. I do gain quite a bit of knowledge here since I don’t do the Twitter stuff 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

Nope not at all. Losses bring out all the doom and gloom people that want to be nothing but negative about every little thing. 

It's after a win that you see the true doom and gloom people.  It really takes a certain kind of person to come here after a win and feel the need to piss is all of our cheerios.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I prefer to post in an emotionally pissed off state of drunken stooper once I get home from the game.   

That's what i do,  only I'm a glass half full kinda guy, finding the good when in a loss.....

Now,  when I'm sitting at home dealing with the wife and kids during away games, that's when i go postal....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Nope...I swear there are people on this site who enjoy when the Bills lose just so they can say "I told you so" about this player or that.   I will read every word from the sports pundits after a win, but tend to be less attentive when they lose, unless what I read is rational.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

No, not just you.  This place is largely unreadable and prone to hysteria after a “disappointing win”, much less a loss.  Usually begin getting back into the swing by Friday.

• Like (+1) 1