Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

3 hours ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I avoid most of the bills YouTube videos too.  I make sure to watch the PCs, but will rarely listen to the media pundits.  I see enough negativity here, no need to fill my thoughts with more of it.  

funny how everyone agrees with your post……meanwhile the legend mean gene rolls his eyes.  😂 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I tried to explain Sunday night to my wife, son and DIL how the city has a different vibe early in the week after a loss. They heard me, but I am SURE they didn’t fully comprehend it. It’s not just this board, it pervades all of WNY from my experience. 

To be honest, this place is at its best after a loss. I'll ALWAYS take a bills win, but, when they're playing good and winning (like last season) there's alot less talk happening. Having said that, yes the opinions and takes on here after a loss can be annoying 

4 hours ago, eball said:

Eball, I’ve even found I care less in general. I dunno, when they stunk it was always hopeful and it was consuming. The last two years have been an incredible ride but now they are expected to be among the best, now there is no way they are overachieving. 

it’s back to the 90s era where they either won because of course they should have or they lose because they don’t try hard enough or some bs

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

To be honest, this place is at its best after a loss. I'll ALWAYS take a bills win, but, when they're playing good and winning (like last season) there's alot less talk happening. Having said that, yes the opinions and takes on here after a loss can be annoying 

...is this a case for quantity over quality?

6 hours ago, eball said:

The only posts that set me over the edge are the posts stating the officials are biased and favor one team over another.  And there are some posts that are just factually incorrect and foster narratives that are simply not true.    

• Agree 1