Steelers @ Bills ‘91

Chandler#81

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Enjoy!

The Don Beebe game.  I was there and remember how packed the stadium was.  It was super loud too.  If memory serves me correct Barry Foster chewed up the run defense that day but it never mattered because of how easily the Bills scored 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I remember at the time watching the Jim Rome show after this game...  and he talked about how the Bills offense was leaps and bounds ahead of all the offenses in the league... that everybody was in slow motion while the Bills K-Gun was in fast forward  (or something like that).  There was a lot of truth to it and a great time to be a fan.  

With that said.. it blows me away today that we still didn't win a Superbowl in 90 & 91.   Lots of 'excuses' to be had as to why.. but those teams were genuinely too good to not win a Superbowl.. let alone lose it to Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien led teams.   Uggghhh.. Mark Rypien

Here's to  Josh and Daboll finishing off what Jimbo and Marchibroda couldn't do...

Nope second game of the season.  First game of the season was at home against the Dolphins.   Dolphins jumped ahead 14 - 0.. but Thurman Thomas then decided to take over and as per the normal during the K Gun era.. we took it to the Fish.  Great times!

• Like (+1) 2

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Home Opener Steelers @ Bills ‘91
3 hours ago, Bills92 said:

I remember at the time watching the Jim Rome show after this game...  and he talked about how the Bills offense was leaps and bounds ahead of all the offenses in the league... that everybody was in slow motion while the Bills K-Gun was in fast forward  (or something like that).  There was a lot of truth to it and a great time to be a fan.  

With that said.. it blows me away today that we still didn't win a Superbowl in 90 & 91.   Lots of 'excuses' to be had as to why.. but those teams were genuinely too good to not win a Superbowl.. let alone lose it to Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien led teams.   Uggghhh.. Mark Rypien

Here's to  Josh and Daboll finishing off what Jimbo and Marchibroda couldn't do...

Nope second game of the season.  First game of the season was at home against the Dolphins.   Dolphins jumped ahead 14 - 0.. but Thurman Thomas then decided to take over and as per the normal during the K Gun era.. we took it to the Fish.  Great times!

The Bills lost to offensive line led teams.  QBs rode the wave.

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Don Beebe had a hell of a game.

Wonder who our "Done Beebe " would be with todays team, maybe Cole Beasley?

The Bills are going to spread the ball around so much it is going to be Marquez Stevenson!

We are going to set the NFL on fire this year!

Stevenson is the closest match to Beebe anyhoo.... With Marquez being a bit bigger but slower. Fast enough though!

Beane said he never saw Stevenson caught from behind....

Thinking this through.....Stevenson might have to wait until next season. If he does get his chance, it probably means we lost someone (a WR)  above him for the season..... So I hope he percolates on the IR.... We'll see him next camp looking good. Maybe he and Hodgins fight to replace Sanders? Maybe the both of them share his reps?

Go Bills!

6 hours ago, Bills92 said:

And we have history repeating itself again as JA17 and his receivers seem to be in fast-forward While other offenses look slow and dorky compared to us. Particularly the way the ball comes off their QBs hand. Like a short lob compared to JA17.

Funny that in Buffalo, NY we have produced two of the game-changing offenses of all-time and it is the only time we have won a lot in the modern era (with apologies to Chuck Knox....

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Growing up in Stiller country, this remains one of my fondest football memories ever—getting on the school  bus the next morning and finally hearing exactly peep from all my normally loudmouthed Steeler fan friends who still looked shell-shocked? Priceless.

By the way, if you know who Myron Cope was, rest his soul, his color commentary during that game on the Steelers radio call was one for the ages. Absolute gold. Highlights included his wondering if the Steelers CB’s including All-Pro Rod Woodson had forgotten to get off the bus given how invisible the pass D was against Kelly, who was “just playing catch out there, ooohm-ha”, or whether they thought it was still warmups and missed the fact the game had started, etc. I haven’t been able to track it down yet, but when I do, best believe a follow up thread to this one will be happening :w00t:. Go Bills!!!!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Actually, I don’t want to see anybody put 34 on us this year.

Garbage scores—the Steelers actually never threatened in this one given the cushion the Bills put up. Done Beebe earned his “Steelers Killer” moniker this game deservedly so—4 scores off plays Kelly was literally by the end of it drawing up in the dirt like backyard ball? 

• Like (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Steelers @ Bills ‘91
15 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well, hate to say it but they have the team and offense to do it. personally I think harris is a beast and stopping him obviously will be key in keeping the points down. dropping 54 on them though would be sweet.

It’s about our D showing up this whole season IMO.

If we can be be top 10 on D, which is predicated on vastly improved line play, our SB chances a very good.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Growing up in Stiller country, this remains one of my fondest football memories ever—getting on the school  bus the next morning and finally hearing exactly peep from all my normally loudmouthed Steeler fan friends who still looked shell-shocked? Priceless.

By the way, if you know who Myron Cope was, rest his soul, his color commentary during that game on the Steelers radio call was one for the ages. Absolute gold. Highlights included his wondering if the Steelers CB’s including All-Pro Rod Woodson had forgotten to get off the bus given how invisible the pass D was against Kelly, who was “just playing catch out there, ooohm-ha”, or whether they thought it was still warmups and missed the fact the game had started, etc. I haven’t been able to track it down yet, but when I do, best believe a follow up thread to this one will be happening :w00t:. Go Bills!!!!!!!!

Rod Woodson was so tired he had to sit down for a while. The K-Gun was lethal that day.

• Like (+1) 1