8/28/21 Post Game Thread Bills vs Packers Preseason finale

6 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Let's go ahead and delete that tweet before the other 31 teams take notice.

I'm so confident in this offense that I'm not sure that even matters.

Shade it different and they just score on you with a sluggo or a post/corner instead.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, wjag said:

The afterglow

1.) Buffalo doesn't even pretend like they need to run.  

2.) JA17 running to his left and throwing back across his body to the middle of the field was the second jaw dropping play he made today.  We all know what was 1st.

3.) Not sure what to make of our #1 Defense going against their 2nd string offense.  GB made a lot of plays.  They are definitely deep and talented.

4.) Too many presnap penalties.

5.) Neal was the most noticeable player on defense today.

6.) Love TW27 saying he wanted to talk about his QB when interviewed.

7.) Bates, Stevenson and Brant seem like the only new M*A*S*H entries today.

8.) Think we saw how they plan to throw to "E" today. Quick hitters.

9.) No Singletary was interesting.

10.) Thought they might throw more to Hollister today.  Didn't happen.

11.) I would have liked to see Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams go after our secondary.  Those would have been valuable reps.

12.) We ready.. We ready.. We ready

He started and had two catches.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

That's encouraging.  No reason to think they won't all be healthy by the starter.  I doubt Bryant will stick with the team and Stevenson may be a practice squad player.  Bates is the most important of the three, as he looks like the Bills' backup center.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was so excited to watch this game and it ended up being a bad thunderstorm so my DVR recording of it went in and out— missed some stretches in the first half (at least two packers possessions and the second drive for the Bills), and so didn’t get a great look at our 1st string defense.

Can someone give me the down low on the defensive issues? 

Someone pointed out that the Bills play a bend but don't break D and that's the truth. So I agree and put our troubles on that. We were very stout inside the twenties.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

That's encouraging.  No reason to think they won't all be healthy by the starter.  I doubt Bryant will stick with the team and Stevenson may be a practice squad player.  Bates is the most important of the three, as he looks like the Bills' backup center.

Even if his hand is such that he can’t snap he’s still a plug and play backup to any of the other 4 slots while Mongo slides in.

• Like (+1) 1

Exciting to see the offense know what it wants to do and execute. No reason thus far to believe this offense won’t be one of the top in the league.

Defensively, I know it was more of a vanilla defense, but was really hoping having Star back, we would see a difference. What I saw was our D getting pushed back consistently in the run game and Edmunds not filling the gap. Our run game will need to be strong as teams will want to run against us to keep our offense throttled and off the field as much as possible. Hope my view is an over action and not what plays out in the regular season. We need Star and Edmunds to really step up this year.

Thankfully, we made it thru preseason without any significant injuries. As a long time Bills fan, it’s amazing to reflect back on how far this team has come and the overall quality and competitiveness of the roster. Hoping we can add a player or two with roster cuts. 

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

8k replay of the TD pass to Gabriel Davis

I love the fact that the NFL has added small full frame cameras to their broadcasts. They have much shallower depth of field than the dinosaur broadcast cams used in regular live tv. That allows the background to be thrown out of focus, instead of having the entire image in focus. From what I've seen, they are not actually 8k cameras.

I've seen people say on here that the NFL is doing the "Madden Effect". It's the opposite actually, Madden has been emulating the large sensor "cinematic" look with shallow depth of field in there animations... They both looks really cool. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Looked plenty quick today.  

I think Beane and the pro scouts know more about what players have left in the tank than you and I.  Beane wasn't interested in signing a possession receiver.  

I get what you’re saying, but god do I get this response. This is an internet message board, where average Joe’s voice their opinion on football. 

You could use this response on literally every post and comment on this board. 

• Like (+1) 1

We could have the number one rated O and D and people on here would still find something to complain about. It’s the friggin preseason people, there is very limited information you can gather from it. Yeah, Allen and the receivers looked in sync but if you read anything about practices the last month that’s been the story. All putting up some stats against GB scrubs does is make us feel good but I think it was a good idea to get the first team O some reps in a game situation. Other than that, I’ll worry about the run D when the bullets start flying for real. I have no idea how much effort is put in during the last preseason game when the over riding goal is to come out with no injuries. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I saw nothing to dissuade my opinion that the weakest link on this team is Edmunds.  He may not be the worst player on the defense but because his position is so critical his flaws are more problematic. 

I'm going into game 1 with an open mind and I hope he plays up to his potential.

Looked the exact same as last year today. Made a few tackles 5 yards downfield, got manhandled a few times, got lost a few times. Don’t understand why anyone wants to sign him to a pricey extension.

Edited by MWK
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I saw nothing to dissuade my opinion that the weakest link on this team is Edmunds.  He may not be the worst player on the defense but because his position is so critical his flaws are more problematic. 

I'm going into game 1 with an open mind and I hope he plays up to his potential.

I sure wish they would move him to the outside in a three LB formation. He has speed and length, but he lacks the strength and power needed to be a middle of the field run-stopper.