8/28/21 Post Game Thread Bills vs Packers Preseason finale

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Looked plenty quick today.  

I think Beane and the pro scouts know more about what players have left in the tank than you and I.  Beane wasn't interested in signing a possession receiver.  

and literally no one has commented on that observing him in practice.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Looked plenty quick today.  

I think Beane and the pro scouts know more about what players have left in the tank than you and I.  Beane wasn't interested in signing a possession receiver.  

Fair .. It's going to be fun.

I was so excited to watch this game and it ended up being a bad thunderstorm so my DVR recording of it went in and out— missed some stretches in the first half (at least two packers possessions and the second drive for the Bills), and so didn’t get a great look at our 1st string defense.

Can someone give me the down low on the defensive issues? 

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I mean I know he came out extremely young but I haven’t seen Edmunds level up in a couple years. Still can’t disengage blocks, still misreads the hole to fill. What will it take, other than transplanting Klein’s brain?

Tremaine has had more than enough time to step up his game. I strongly doubt he gets that big 2nd contract.  He's flashed some promise but he's mostly been inconsistent and disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

Time will tell, but I just don't think Sanders has the wheels anymore to get that reliably deep.  John Brown is 3 years younger.  Unlike QBs, father time slows down RBs and WRs.  I think Sanders will fall into the wiley veteran with good hands role.   I expect him to lull the CB2 to sleep and double move him, but I don't think he is the just run deep guy anymore.

Edit:  I'll also add, I think Diggs has come out and said he wants to run deeper routes too.  Could be E takes some of the middle routes DIggs was running last year.

I just don't know how many over the top shots they're going to get for anybody this year.

Nobody even bothers trying to play man against this offense any more (and if they do it lasts about 1.5 series) and with Allen's insane arm, defenses are going to have to have centerfielders out there on almost every snap.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tremaine has had more than enough time to step up his game. I strongly doubt he gets that big 2nd contract.  He's flashed some promise but he's mostly been inconsistent and disappointing. 

He turned 23 in May.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I couldn’t agree more. This is definitely a prove it year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn’t agree more. This is definitely a prove it year. 

For a 23 year old physical freak who may have just stopped growing?

I am glad McDermott and Beane don't think like a lot of TBD posters.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stosh64 said:

For a 23 year old physical freak who may have just stopped growing?

I am glad McDermott and Beane don't think like a lot of TBD posters.

Well we saw today that his hair’s still growing. Unfortunately the NFL is not a project league. There are too few roster spots. This is a prove it year. His contract clock is ticking like a time bomb. There’s no way around it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we have a huge drop off at safety and CB.

I'm more terrified by our corners than anything else but I feel pretty good about the safety position.

• Like (+1) 2

Listening to Beane, it sure sounded like Phillips and Zimmer made the team.  Threw in props for Johnson too.   If I'm Butler/Addison, I'm concerned I will be on a new team in a few days.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I said to my brother they just put Trubisky in. Then I looked at the tv and Fromm was out there again, and I thought I may be going crazy. I could have swore I saw 10 out there. And there wasn’t another guy I could have mistaken 10 for. 

Trubisky was in for like 1 snap.  I don't know what happened, maybe Fromm got shook or needed an equipment repair or something.  Anyway he was only in for 1 snap IIRC

Edit: just saw interview that it was deliberate by McD

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we have a huge drop off at safety and CB.

Agreed.  Imagine the havoc Rodgers/Adams would have wrought against Cam Lewis today.. Not knocking Cam (he's still developing), but he did get lost on a couple of his coverages today.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trubisky was in for like 1 snap.  I don't know what happened, maybe Fromm got shook or needed an equipment repair or something.  Anyway he was only in for 1 snap IIRC

McDermott did it on purpose so Mitch would be ready to do it again when it counted.

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I throw props at these coaches this preseason.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm more terrified by our corners than anything else but I feel pretty good about the safety position.

White is great.  Wallace is OK.  Big step down to Dane Jackson, then there's a cliff, seems to me.

I dunno, seems to me Poyer and Hyde work together so seamlessly that even a good safety plugged in for one of them is a big step down.

Hyde is playing so far this year like his jock is on fire and only an interception will put it out.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

McDermott did it on purpose so Mitch would be ready to do it again when it counted.

Seriously, he said so? [Edit: just saw Sal C's tweet, so I now know you got it]

• Haha (+1) 1