Zay Jones..hmmmmmm

bigK14094

2 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Are you friends with Zay by any chance?  I doubt he'll take this thread personally.  Nothing said here that really hasn't been said before about him.  He was a good guy who does the best he can with the talent he has.  There just happens to be a LOT more WRs out there with more talent.

His levitation trick will always be pretty cool though.

Don’t know him, but too many people just belittle certain people and that is not who I am.  I re-read my post and I didn’t like the way it came off like Zay has no talent and just an ol shlub could beat him out - when it is obvious he is a good player and I felt it needed to be clarified.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

gotta wonder how much longer Gruden has over there esp if he has another subpar season, but the overpay likely keeps him around past a nomal shelf life...

He’s the Teflon don with that guaranteed $100 mil. Contract with (oxymoron) the poorest owner in the NFL.  Buddy Bangs isn’t even worth $1 billion dollars.  Sounds so much like Dr. Evil.  His net worth by the last story I saw was $500 mil., so 20% of his net worth is in his coach in kindergarten math terms.

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's too bad they didn't work out here but i'm happy for Jones and Peterman and hopefully they can be bigger contributors for the Raiders this year.

And it's a double-win, b/c if they are big contributors, that's probably not a great sign for the Raiders. I know unless something goes wrong with this team, the Raiders are not a worry to us, but I've never much cared for them nor for Gruden.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

From what I’ve seen and heard from the local media, John Brown is looking like their #4 Wr behind Ruggs, Edwards and Renfrow.  

one of the strangest things in the nfl last year imo:  How gruden and Carr made use of (or pack thereof) Ruggs.  I think Edwards is going to be their WR leader in TDs and yards (Waller leads in everything)

oh yeah, Zay made a couple plays.  Good for him.

Renfrow should be the number 1 target followed by Ruggs and Waller then Brown and Edwards. Zay should be cut immediately.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What does it say about the coach that drafted them and started them?

Glass houses...

It says he's human and makes mistakes occasionally. On the other hand, the fact that neither player is here anymore says the coach who drafted and started them is smart enough to acknowledge his mistake, correct it, and move forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It says he's human and makes mistakes occasionally. On the other hand, the fact that neither player is here anymore says the coach who drafted and started them is smart enough to acknowledge his mistake, correct it, and move forward.

Didn’t move on quite fast enough for my liking.

Peterman should have never started two more games after the 5pick debacle. 

And Zay would have been off my team the second I saw that video. 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Renfrow should be the number 1 target followed by Ruggs and Waller then Brown and Edwards. Zay should be cut immediately.

I’d make Renfrow #1 later in the season if I was trying to move up in the draft.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1