Afghanistan

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

After a 20 year long war, I’m supposed to be concerned a a few casualties? Is this the new Benghazi? I’m supposed to all of a sudden be alarmed about women’s rights in Afghanistan when it’s ten times worse in Saudi Arabia?

There’s deaths squads that walk down the street in Saudi Arabia and round up gay people and slaughter them.

What is it exactly that I’m supposed to be outraged about?

We have bigger fish to fry.  

There are people right here, in America, that refuse to wear masks.  

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Yes, let's have the president of the united states of America coordinating the flights out of Kandahar

If Biden continues to bomb Somalia and takes out a couple schools full of children… no worries, what is he, like, guiding the drones or something?  

Glad to know our President should, apparently, not be held responsible for anything. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And we know Trump "would have evacuated people" (what people? you mean refugees? he's the guy who lowered the refugee admissions cap to the lowest levels ever!) because .... ???

If Trump wanted to do this, surely he would've started in December and January, ahead of handing over (well, being forced to hand over) the keys to the oval office.

I am not defending Biden. This is a debacle. But my disagreement is a principled one - I believe it was a disastrous decision to withdraw from Afghanistan completely. All this "but we needed to do it the right way" crap is hair-splitting nonsense. 

Biden followed through on Trump's plan. Period. If you liked Trump's policy re: Afghanistan, well, this is it in action.

Doesn't matter whose plan it allegedly was.  Biden was at the helm and therefore gets all the blame. 

50 minutes ago, Governor said:

I realize that’s hyperbole but you might end up being slightly right. The way he’s been performing I see no reason why he wouldn’t run again. It’s too early to tell.

Who is going to beat him?

Whoever wins the Repub nom will beat Joey.  Or more precisely Kammy, because there's no way in hell Joey will be fit to run again, at the ripe old age of 82.  I'll put down good money on that if you like.  They've been a horror show so far and it's not going to get better.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Biden continues to bomb Somalia and takes out a couple schools full of children… no worries, what is he, like, guiding the drones or something?  

Glad to know our President should, apparently, not be held responsible for anything. 

He's just a guy.

Like you 

And me.

He's not caption America and this isn't a marvel movie. 

He didn't kill innocent Afghani women and children.

And if you guys think I'm defending or supporting Joe Biden, I'm not. I despise all politicians equally 

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Guaranteed.

F38A2EA7-5D37-4D75-AD3D-325052702697.jpeg

There’s whispers that Putin factored into Biden’s decision to destabilize Russia. Apparently, Putin was already warned at their last meeting.

How does it directly destabilize Russia? I don’t know enough about foreign policy to answer that.

Edited by Governor

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

There’s whispers that Putin factored into Biden’s decision to destabilize Russia. Apparently, Putin was already warned at their last meeting.

How does it directly destabilize Russia? I don’t know enough about foreign policy to answer that.

Russia does a pretty damn fine job destabilizing itself 😂

Those guys are idiots 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Really feel for the women and children :( . That's is scary part of all this. Plus possibly USA weapons and stuff (if left behind many stuff) 

Heard many bad prison's released. 

Reportedly Billions of dollars in weapons left behind. 

the whole thing is so odd, unprofessional and poorly executed. 

Then “surprise” gotta send thousands of troops back in to the now completely destabilized mess.  

Commander in chief looks pretty bad on this one, even if you’re normally programmed by their msm. 

But more they are also giving the republicans their next Benghazi boondoggle.

Man it’s a good thing for Joe he wouldn’t know how to set up his own email server even if he wanted to.  Hed probably ask the White House chef. 

32 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Yes, let's have the president of the united states of America coordinating the flights out of Kandahar

I know right he barely able to commander in chief his shoes tied in the morning. Pressing staff and joint command for a robust exit strategy 😂 

he probably recommended they use Amtrack! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Then “surprise” gotta send thousands of troops back in to the now completely destabilized mess.  

Commander in chief looks pretty bad on this one, even if you’re normally programmed by their msm. 

But more they are also giving the republicans their next Benghazi boondoggle.

Man it’s a good thing for Joe he wouldn’t know how to set up his own email server even if he wanted to.  Hed probably ask the White House chef. 

😏

The media already shifted back to the pandemic. That was even quicker than I thought. It’s already the 3rd or 4th leading story in just a day.

Oh well.

We’re well aware that the right has been looking for something to pounce on since they can’t seem to attack Biden successfully.

This was never going to be it. He turned it into a strength with that speech.

We’re onto  infrastructure!

Take your L and let’s move on.

Edited by Governor

46 minutes ago, Governor said:

The media already shifted back to the pandemic. That was even quicker than I thought. It’s already the 3rd or 4th leading story in just a day.

Oh well.

We’re well aware that the right has been looking for something to pounce on since they can’t seem to attack Biden successfully.

This was never going to be it. He turned it into a strength with that speech.

We’re onto  infrastructure!

Take your L and let’s move on.

You seem to be obsessed with elections and narrative control.  We can talk about the future DeSantis administration in the other thread; today is not that day.  

The country is a masked laughingstock in decline and you couldn't care less.  

I just want my kids childhood back.  I would like the installed cardboard cutout President that was either a Senator, VP, or POTUS for 16 of the 21 years of occupation to be better then the guy you said would drag the United States into WWIII and have no clue how to handle our enemies.  

The left destroys everything it touches.  

Prices up 5 plus percent on everything.  Country had ZERO leadership anywhere.  The media is doing North Korea news impersonations.  

And you're worried about narrative control that the Pravda media can distract us with.

This is a shame because I know as fact you are one of millions that think in this sick way.   

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You seem to be obsessed with elections and narrative control.  We can talk about the future DeSantis administration in the other thread; today is not that day.  

The country is a masked laughingstock in decline and you couldn't care less.  

I just want my kids childhood back.  I would like the installed cardboard cutout President that was either a Senator, VP, or POTUS for 16 of the 21 years of occupation to be better then the guy you said would drag the United States into WWIII and have no clue how to handle our enemies.  

The left destroys everything it touches.  

Prices up 5 plus percent on everything.  Country had ZERO leadership anywhere.  The media is doing North Korea news impersonations.  

And you're worried about narrative control that the Pravda media can distract us with.

This is a shame because I know as fact you are one of millions that think in this sick way.   

Your kid is going to visit you from the future and tell you to take the tinfoil hat off. Your media is destroying your lives. I wish some of you would stop. It’s upsetting. It’s an addiction.

This is post Obama Biden.  Completely taken over by the commies here at home.  A cardboard cut out President. 

Completely worthless and not interested in really being President.  He poses for the camera and mangles his speeches.

And, he's lying and not taking ownership.

This was once principled Biden (agree or disagree that's not the point).  Maybe they weren't principles.  Maybe he just went which ever way the political winds took him.

No Joe.....you had more goals then just defeating the Taliban......

February 2004:

"The following month, Biden went to Kabul, where he toured a new school—one that was bitterly cold, with plastic sheeting over the windows and a naked bulb hanging from the ceiling. When the visit was over and Biden started to leave, a young girl stood ramrod straight at her desk and said, “You cannot leave. You cannot leave.”

“I promise I’ll come back,” Biden told her.

“You cannot leave,” the girl insisted. “They will not deny me learning to read. I will read, and I will be a doctor like my mother. I will. America must stay.”

As Biden put it in a recent interview, the Afghan girl was telling him, “Don’t f*** with me, Jack. You got me in here. You said you were going to help me. You better not leave me now.”

Biden described the encounter as “a catalytic event for me.” Its lesson was one that he had already begun to absorb in the Balkans, where he had travelled extensively during the nineteen-nineties. There is a worldwide struggle, he explained, between the values of liberal democracy and the destructive ideologies that fester with dictatorship, misery, and humiliation; in this struggle, America needs to expand the conditions for democracy in the most concrete ways, with serious commitments of energy and resources, or risk greater instability.

After September 11th, this insight became a matter of urgent national security. When Biden returned from Kabul, he followed up on the President’s request and wrote a proposal to build, staff, and supply a thousand schools in Afghanistan, at a cost of twenty thousand dollars each. By thinking small, Biden believed, he had a better chance of success: “You could shove twenty million dollars anywhere in a two-trillion budget, and this was something specific.”

The schools would employ teachers, many of them women, who had been jobless and desperate under the Taliban, and they would teach a modern curriculum to children who, if they had any schooling at all, knew only the Islamist education of the madrassa. “It was something concrete we could show the Afghanis we’re doing,” Biden said. “It was something other than the butt of a gun.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/02/16/a-democratic-world

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

This is post Obama Biden.  Completely taken over by the commies here at home.  A cardboard cut out President. 

Completely worthless and not interested in really being President.  He poses for the camera and mangles his speeches.

And, he's lying and not taking ownership.

This was once principled Biden (agree or disagree that's not the point).  Maybe they weren't principles.  Maybe he just went which ever way the political winds took him.

No Joe.....you had more goals then just defeating the Taliban......

February 2004:

"The following month, Biden went to Kabul, where he toured a new school—one that was bitterly cold, with plastic sheeting over the windows and a naked bulb hanging from the ceiling. When the visit was over and Biden started to leave, a young girl stood ramrod straight at her desk and said, “You cannot leave. You cannot leave.”

“I promise I’ll come back,” Biden told her.

“You cannot leave,” the girl insisted. “They will not deny me learning to read. I will read, and I will be a doctor like my mother. I will. America must stay.”

As Biden put it in a recent interview, the Afghan girl was telling him, “Don’t f*** with me, Jack. You got me in here. You said you were going to help me. You better not leave me now.”

Biden described the encounter as “a catalytic event for me.” Its lesson was one that he had already begun to absorb in the Balkans, where he had travelled extensively during the nineteen-nineties. There is a worldwide struggle, he explained, between the values of liberal democracy and the destructive ideologies that fester with dictatorship, misery, and humiliation; in this struggle, America needs to expand the conditions for democracy in the most concrete ways, with serious commitments of energy and resources, or risk greater instability.

After September 11th, this insight became a matter of urgent national security. When Biden returned from Kabul, he followed up on the President’s request and wrote a proposal to build, staff, and supply a thousand schools in Afghanistan, at a cost of twenty thousand dollars each. By thinking small, Biden believed, he had a better chance of success: “You could shove twenty million dollars anywhere in a two-trillion budget, and this was something specific.”

The schools would employ teachers, many of them women, who had been jobless and desperate under the Taliban, and they would teach a modern curriculum to children who, if they had any schooling at all, knew only the Islamist education of the madrassa. “It was something concrete we could show the Afghanis we’re doing,” Biden said. “It was something other than the butt of a gun.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/02/16/a-democratic-world

He's a lying PoS 

And yes we made plenty of promises to protect the Afghani and Iraqi people

Biden screwed the pooch on the withdrawal, no question.  The images from the airport yesterday are inexcusable.  But I will also say there’s a lot of chicken hawk people around here.  Trump was going to get us out, too.  He “negotiated” with the Taliban who no doubt laughed at us behind his back.  Trump screwed the pooch too.  Obama wanted to get us out and he screwed the pooch with Afghan policy.  And Bush started the whole damn thing and didn’t have the stones to finish it. 

What we have needed is for a President with the strength to say to the America people that America stands for good in the world, and that the Taliban are evil.  That we as a country stand for freedom and we will not stand by and allow women and children to be enslaved.  We should have followed the model Bush Sr.  used in Iraq.  Convince our allies of the importance of destroying the Taliban, go in with absolute overwhelming land and air forces, get the job done, and leave a force their to keep control.  We have tens of thousands of forces in Japan, Germany, South Korea to keep the peace.  This is equally important.

Instead we  have people on TV all day, and so many posting here ripping Biden apart as if he solely is guilt.  Rightfully so for the botched withdrawal.  But when the women and daughters of Afghanistan get killed or enslaved again, and when terrorist groups start multiplying there again, and when China buys up all the rare earth minerals there and kicks our ass economically, what it will show is a failure of administrations over the last 20 years to stand against inhumanity, and a failure of the American people to understand the responsibilities of the strongest power in the world to live up to the ideals that made it such.

We will be back in a Afghanistan within a year, mark my words.  And when we are forced back in, I hope we will be America again. 

Edited by oldmanfan

8 hours ago, Irv said:

Because there is a right way to execute the withdrawal and Dopey, Incompetent,  Demented Biden’s way.  Dude went on vacation during all of this.  We’d be better off with nut job Bernie in there versus this brain dead idiot.  What a mess.  

Come on, man. Dude was at Camp.David.   They got all the President stuff there.  He could even blow a nuke off from there if he wanted to.

Besides, its what presidents often do when some foreign policy hubub is going on.  Like President George Herbert Walker Bush was out riding around in his cigarette boat during Operation Desert Storm. Gives the impression he is so confident in his plan he's not even worried about it.  An old president trick.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Come on, man. Dude was at Camp.David.   They got all the President stuff there.  He could even blow a nuke off from there if he wanted to.

Besides, its what presidents often do when some foreign policy hubub is going on.  Like President George Herbert Walker Bush was out riding around in his cigarette boat during Operation Desert Storm.

I know we disagree on Afghan policy but thanks for writing this.  The same folks criticizing him being in Camp David (which he should not have done in my opinion, but as you say correctly he had all the ability to manage things from there) had absolutely no problem with Trump sitting his fat ass on a golf cart when important events occurred.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Besides, its what presidents often do when some foreign policy hubub is going on.  Like President George Herbert Walker Bush was out riding around in his cigarette boat during Operation Desert Storm. Gives the impression he is so confident in his plan he's not even worried about it.  An old president trick.

Plus he probably didn’t even know he was on vacation or at camp David. He probably thought he was riding a  Chattanooga choo choo to Delaware  for some vanilla bean ice cream… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hate something long enough, it consumes you completely, until you become that very hatred.  I feel sincerely bad for the people that are so fixated on Trump that they no longer possess objectivity or reasoning.  He will be their eternal scapegoat, while all that he’s accused of (brash comments, financial concerns, policies, people-shaming, inciting) can easily be seen in the current administration’s actions, with an impartial eye.

Every once in a while, a situation comes along that there truly aren’t two sides to stand on.  There’s just one.  I see it argued here with incredible fascist-like vigor, on the need to mandate vaccines (by so-called opposers of fascism).  In this case however, Afghanistan is absolutely a single-side perspective.  Biden didn’t follow Trumps plan.  He’s on record saying before this, that he wouldn’t.  So only ones prejudices towards Trump would allow them to blame him for Biden’s most current error.  

It’s easy to see that some of you, a handful or so, are no longer able to objectively see anything due to the consuming nature of your hatred fixation towards a no-longer sitting President.  And to blame a past President, for the continued and egregious mistakes of a current sitting President, is not just stupid, it’s proof that if you willingly sip from the same crap-filled trough for long enough, you’ll believe it when they tell you it’s yoo-hoo.

President Biden has failed across the board.  It’s undebatable and undeniable to anyone that’s voted for him and beyond.  No need to project yourselves any further.  He’s failed, as has his administration.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So my thought all along is the reason why there have not been any major coordinated attacks is because we've kept them busy fighting our soldiers there vs our civilians here. 

I think it has way more to do with the fact that the U.S. intelligence community became much better at their jobs after 9/11: improvements in immigration vetting processes, stronger communication between different intelligence agencies, and better collaboration with other countries. The widespread adoption of social media since the mid-2000’s has also made terrorist activities more transparent. And no, none of this should be interpreted as any endorsement of Patriot Act mischief!

The specious war theory that “we fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them here” validates all sorts of horrible aggressive acts. The notion that we can just funnel terror like that also doesn’t hold up, for example, when you take our allies into consideration who are not separated from Muslim countries by oceans (see: Syria, mid-2010’s, effects of European migration crisis). Our military presence in Muslim countries like Afghanistan is doing nothing productive for us in the long-term war on terror. It is the primary source of recruitment for radical Islamic terrorism. But even if we immediately evacuated all of our Middle East military bases, our propping up of various dictatorships and monarchies like the House of Saud still fosters extreme discontent among oppressed Muslims.

Sort of my main thesis here: American empire, in whatever manifestation, creates unwanted blowback such as radical Islamic terrorism. My solution: stop all forms of regime change, stop all coups, stop all unilateral embargos and sanctions, no banana republics either, keep emerging Chinese imperialism (they’re doing it in a unique way…with indebtedness through infrastructure projects) in check with multilateral trade deals, stop carrying out ~95% of drone strikes, close down ~75% of all U.S. military bases worldwide for starters, and immediately trim ~33% of the defense budget (which would still be double China’s). Use that money to reinvest in America. Make America the best domestic version of itself and thus the envy of the rest of the world. Spread American ideals abroad by way of example, living as awesome peaceful people and not greedy bullies. Pro-democracy and pro-capitalism revolutions are almost always best carried out by a country’s own citizens. We can inspire and encourage from afar, but their internal will must be there.

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah, there’s something very convenient about such a poorly executed troop withdrawal like the one we’re seeing. It showcases the human rights horror potential of the opposing regime in rapid succession. This can generate a humanitarian-themed rallying effect among the American public for returning troops. The military-industrial complex knows that war has become increasingly unpopular with the American people since the mid-2000’s, so maybe this is their new way of perpetuating the racket. Or maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight. I dunno. I feel like I’m taking CRAZY PILLS. Sociopathic oligarchs don’t think like the rest of us, so I don’t want to put it past them. We do have conclusive evidence that the government has misled us throughout the Afghanistan conflict (see: SIGAR Afghanistan Papers, 2019, Washington Post).

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Hate something long enough, it consumes you completely, until you become that very hatred.  I feel sincerely bad for the people that are so fixated on Trump that they no longer possess objectivity or reasoning.  He will be their eternal scapegoat, while all that he’s accused of (brash comments, financial concerns, policies, people-shaming, inciting) can easily be seen in the current administration’s actions, with an impartial eye.

Every once in a while, a situation comes along that there truly aren’t two sides to stand on.  There’s just one.  I see it argued here with incredible fascist-like vigor, on the need to mandate vaccines (by so-called opposers of fascism).  In this case however, Afghanistan is absolutely a single-side perspective.  Biden didn’t follow Trumps plan.  He’s on record saying before this, that he wouldn’t.  So only ones prejudices towards Trump would allow them to blame him for Biden’s most current error.  

It’s easy to see that some of you, a handful or so, are no longer able to objectively see anything due to the consuming nature of your hatred fixation towards a no-longer sitting President.  And to blame a past President, for the continued and egregious mistakes of a current sitting President, is not just stupid, it’s proof that if you willingly sip from the same crap-filled trough for long enough, you’ll believe it when they tell you it’s yoo-hoo.

President Biden has failed across the board.  It’s undebatable and undeniable to anyone that’s voted for him and beyond.  No need to project yourselves any further.  He’s failed, as has his administration.

@Deranged Rhino in da house!!! 

Of course you won’t acknowledge the art of the deal Trump struck with the Taliban…

Trump released now President of the Taliban Afghanistan in 2018…

Trump ordered the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners in 2020…

Just like you wouldn’t acknowledge what happened here:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bybihv8jveiei0vmux

@Frat-Train is a fraud.

9 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I think it has way more to do with the fact that the U.S. intelligence community became much better at their jobs after 9/11: improvements in immigration vetting processes, stronger communication between different intelligence agencies, and better collaboration with other countries. The widespread adoption of social media since the mid-2000’s has also made terrorist activities more transparent. And no, none of this should be interpreted as any endorsement of Patriot Act mischief!

The specious war theory that “we fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them here” validates all sorts of horrible aggressive acts. The notion that we can just funnel terror like that also doesn’t hold up, for example, when you take our allies into consideration who are not separated from Muslim countries by oceans (see: Syria, mid-2010’s, effects of European migration crisis). Our military presence in Muslim countries like Afghanistan is doing nothing productive for us in the long-term war on terror. It is the primary source of recruitment for radical Islamic terrorism. But even if we immediately evacuated all of our Middle East military bases, our propping up of various dictatorships and monarchies like the House of Saud still fosters extreme discontent among oppressed Muslims.

Sort of my main thesis here: American empire, in whatever manifestation, creates unwanted blowback such as radical Islamic terrorism. My solution: stop all forms of regime change, stop all coups, stop all unilateral embargos and sanctions, no banana republics either, keep emerging Chinese imperialism (they’re doing it in a unique way…with indebtedness through infrastructure projects) in check with multilateral trade deals, stop carrying out ~95% of drone strikes, close down ~75% of all U.S. military bases worldwide for starters, and immediately trim ~33% of the defense budget (which would still be double China’s). Use that money to reinvest in America. Make America the best domestic version of itself and thus the envy of the rest of the world. Spread American ideals abroad by way of example, living as awesome peaceful people and not greedy bullies. Pro-democracy and pro-capitalism revolutions are almost always best carried out by a country’s own citizens. We can inspire and encourage from afar, but their internal will must be there.

Yeah, there’s something very convenient about such a poorly executed troop withdrawal like the one we’re seeing. It showcases the human rights horror potential of the opposing regime in rapid succession. This can generate a humanitarian-themed rallying effect among the American public for returning troops. The military-industrial complex knows that war has become increasingly unpopular with the American people since the mid-2000’s, so maybe this is their new way of perpetuating the racket. Or maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight. I dunno. I feel like I’m taking CRAZY PILLS. Sociopathic oligarchs don’t think like the rest of us, so I don’t want to put it past them. We do have conclusive evidence that the government has misled us throughout the Afghanistan conflict (see: SIGAR Afghanistan Papers, 2019, Washington Post).

Great points.  There’s definitely some shadiness to the amount of weaponry left behind.  And the human rights turmoil that is coming is just heartbreaking.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you won’t acknowledge the art of the deal Trump struck with the Taliban…

@Frat-Train is a fraud.

Frat-train is a Democrat, not a Rhino.  And none of that takes away from the fact you need professional help.  Seriously.  That may be the one theme this forum could all agree on, without any impartiality.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Great points.  There’s definitely some shadiness to the amount of weaponry left behind.  And the human rights turmoil that is coming is just heartbreaking.

Frat-train is a Democrat, not a Rhino.  And none of that takes away from the fact you need professional help.  Seriously.  That may be the one theme this forum could all agree on, without any impartiality.  

You are a fraud.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Here’s an amazing shot from inside one of those C-17s evacuating people from Afghanistan

The biden express. What a mess!

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

@Frat-Train is a fraud.

Trump Trump Trump Trump

24/7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This board has spiraled into a tribal feud worse than many in the Middle East. Let me say thank you to those willing to ‘reach across the aisle’ and state the bloody obvious: Biden really screwed this up!

Is it so hard for some of you to admit it? Is it all Joe’s fault? Of course not. Was pulling out the wrong to do? Maybe. Was this done well? Absolutely not!  Are there people below the President that deserve much of the blame? Probably, depending on what they were advising the President behind closed doors. Is this the previous President’s fault (Bush, Obama, Trump)? No it definitely isn’t! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This board has spiraled into a tribal feud worse than many in the Middle East. Let me say thank you to those willing to ‘reach across the aisle’ and state the bloody obvious: Biden really screwed this up!

Is it so hard for some of you to admit it? Is it all Joe’s fault? Of course not. Was pulling out the wrong to do? Maybe. Was this done well? Absolutely not!  Are there people below the President that deserve much of the blame? Probably, depending on what they were advising the President behind closed doors. Is this the previous President’s fault (Bush, Obama, Trump)? No it definitely isn’t! 

It’s not Biden’s fault either.  He doesn’t even know he’s President or even where he is now.  Leave him alone. What a mess.  

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Biden screwed the pooch on the withdrawal, no question.  The images from the airport yesterday are inexcusable.  But I will also say there’s a lot of chicken hawk people around here.  Trump was going to get us out, too.  He “negotiated” with the Taliban who no doubt laughed at us behind his back.  Trump screwed the pooch too.  Obama wanted to get us out and he screwed the pooch with Afghan policy.  And Bush started the whole damn thing and didn’t have the stones to finish it. 

What we have needed is for a President with the strength to say to the America people that America stands for good in the world, and that the Taliban are evil.  That we as a country stand for freedom and we will not stand by and allow women and children to be enslaved.  We should have followed the model Bush Sr.  used in Iraq.  Convince our allies of the importance of destroying the Taliban, go in with absolute overwhelming land and air forces, get the job done, and leave a force their to keep control.  We have tens of thousands of forces in Japan, Germany, South Korea to keep the peace.  This is equally important.

Instead we  have people on TV all day, and so many posting here ripping Biden apart as if he solely is guilt.  Rightfully so for the botched withdrawal.  But when the women and daughters of Afghanistan get killed or enslaved again, and when terrorist groups start multiplying there again, and when China buys up all the rare earth minerals there and kicks our ass economically, what it will show is a failure of administrations over the last 20 years to stand against inhumanity, and a failure of the American people to understand the responsibilities of the strongest power in the world to live up to the ideals that made it such.

We will be back in a Afghanistan within a year, mark my words.  And when we are forced back in, I hope we will be America again. 

You made it in 17 words before the “but”, and the old expression about “everything that comes after but” applies here.  

You’ve been quite vocal in your confidence in Biden’s cognitive ability in spite of some obvious signs of decline.  You’ve rationalized away his penchant for nuzzling ears, sniffing hair and taking substantial liberties with his hands when women victimized by such activity have stated loudly that it was wrong.  You’ve carried his baggage on the “Joe Knows COVID” while he twitters about with a strategy best described as “We know it’s killing people but jeeesh, what can I do, I’m just a President” while personally espousing some rather dark thoughts on how you think your fellow citizens might be treated in this country that stands for freedom.  

When does it stop for you, sir? 

While it’s entirely fair to say Afghanistan is an incredibly complex situation, the facts here are clear—a man with nearly 50 years of leadership experience at the highest levels of our government, with decades of exposure to the finest military strategists, the intelligence community, historians and the like &$@#ed whatever progress was made in 7 months.  

7 months.  

Of course, there were people who recognized that before Biden became a doddering old fool, he was a knucklehead of the highest order for most of that time.  Proud, strong  Democrat voters of the past rejected him as a serious candidate multiple times, and I’d think our parents and grandparents, mostly gone now, would look at the coronation of this simpleton and wonder “What on earth were they thinking?”. 

I do agree with you and @reddogblitz that the vacation is irrelevant, just as it is for every president. Sadly, I agree at some point he’ll want to send troops back in to Afghanistan because during his 50 year tenure, he’s supported the lather, rinse, repeat cycle just like a good establishment politician is prone to do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irv said:

It’s not Biden’s fault either.  He doesn’t even know he’s President or even where he is now.  Leave him alone. What a mess.  

He did take ‘full responsibility’ though. That’s always the best way. Hilary was a master of it. 

What I cannot understand about the President is why does he always present himself as being mad at America? It seems like every time he steps to the microphone he’s ticked off for having to explain himself. Are ‘We The People’ bothering you Joe?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

The interaction of the tin foil hat and the crazy pills are there to be certain, but I’m positive there is something we are all missing here.

The industrial military complex idea while certainly not an ethical or moral stretch, there is just not enough money (at least officially on the books) imo involved for what has been a protracted policing and half hearted infrastructure propping up exercise to justify this as a means to that end. And the enemy was so low tech it justified little. 

Weve had 13 years since the usgs dubbed the trillions of natural resources in the ground. Other than a couple barreled of oil and some boxite I’m not sure what is coming out. 

The poppy fields might be something but I don’t know how that turns into inflows.