Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

These guys are on the halftime show talking about not throwing the flags. If it’s a penalty throw the flag regardless of stage. 
If that’s how it’s going to be as in we aren’t throwing flags then why wouldn’t teams just grab and hold and bump. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

The fact is that the refs are enforcing the rules like they were enforced the entire season and KC is rightly getting called. The real issue is why were the rules NOT enforced two weeks ago.

As for Brady I stopped hating on the guy years ago and I'm certainly not going to hate on him when he plays for a team in another conference. The reality is we are watching something extraordinary - a 43 year old QB on his way to winning a Super Bowl MVP.  Think about that for a moment.

Screw Brady!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

The only reason people hate brady is because he played for a division rival and beat us sooooooo many damn times.

If he was in the NFC (like tampa) and won 6 superbowls with Tampa no one on this board would really give a S***.

So its not brady perse, its that he made some of you feel like poo on so many sundays because he was the GOAT. 

He’s an arrogant douche, would have hated him wherever he played especially with how the calls always magically go his way...

Im not sure if the Bills were playing the Bucs tonight that they’d have a chance. I think they’d look a lot like the Chiefs - physically outmatched on O with a D that gives up plays to an on target Brady.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t disagree with that point, I’d prefer they both lose. I just hate to see the refs decide a Super Bowl. They’ve been the story so far. If the Bucs actually earn it I’m fine. It looks Andy’s son is probably costing the team anyway. They seem distracted, and not on their game. The coach sets the tone. I doubt Andy is really in the game with everything that’s going on. 

Honestly man, its an awful situation.  I cant begin to understand how I'd deal with the stuff he has been through with his kids.   I just cant cheer for Hill and Clark.  Agree on the refs.   It's gotten a bit lopsided, but the Chiefs are drawing a lot of attention to themselves after the play which hasnt helped.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I root for tampa, regardless of the QB, because two things.  1 KC beat Buffalo and KC fans are becoming the new NE fans (annoying and arrogant).  

2. I grew up in FL and TB was my second team.

Honestly, #3, I want to see Brady win one and say a big F U to the patriots and their organization thinking they could win without them.

#2 is valid, hats off to you.  I hate Marcia and the Cheats about equally.

6 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Well, officials making up for all the holding calls they didn’t make in the AFC championship game. 🤪

For one side! The catch by Kelce on second down inside the 20 with leas than 2 minutes to go was textbook PI. Normally, who cares, but given the calls up to that point, my god.

Just now, Rico said:

patrick-mahomes-gq-cover-august-2020-07.

1*d5tE6xrWje44vNcQIC8-Jw.jpeg

EQDbyuqW4AAB1ht.jpg:large

Not evidence. At all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Actually I saw a piece on the news today that Pats fans are still grieving the loss of Brady and are rooting against him.  

Yup. I know several Patriot fans here in Portland and they hate Brady now. They are Bostonians and he said some crap after he left. He is dead to a chunk of that region's fans. Not all I'm sure but there are many that hate Brady

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I've gotta say josh does a lot more when his offensive line decides to play invisible than mahomes is doing tonight though 🤣

9 of 19 for 67 yards and most of that was on the last FG drive.

Mahomes at least doesn't take 20 yard sacks tho...the Dolphin game withstanding..

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

So rooting for Marcia makes Belicheat look bad.  Not enough for me to go for Marcia.

I've always been one of the ones that said Belichick's success was due to Brady. While I hate Brady, a win for him tonight confirms that and I want to prove my point because Belichick ain't never seeing another Super Bowl

Edited by Buffalo03

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Boomer and Nate’s mentality is exactly why KC plays the way they do.  

Nobody else really plays that way.... because it’s not allowed. 

How can you say that after watching the Patriots all these years?

Refs typically allow for a more physical style of play in the post season.  This is nothing new.  

With these current refs, Peyton would have had a chance at another ring or 2.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So at first I was complaining about the refs and the inconsistency favoring Brady. There is some of that, but there is more to it. I think Tampa Bay watched the Chiefs mug our receivers and coached their offense to overreact to every contact. The WR will flop when grabbed to draw attention, Brady will throw it in the area to draw a flag. As great as Josh is, of course Brady can still spot these things better and take advantage. And I really think the Tampa coaches could not have missed preparing for the "hold em every time" tactic. 

Of course, KC is doing much worse on offense, too. 

Exactly, as a WR, you have to sell when you are being held

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Even Boomer and Nate agree.  

The problem of the "letting them play" is that for years prior they called everything to favor the offense.  

And when it shifts in the most important games to just "let them play" I think that is extremely BS.

Be consistent. Call it even in pre-season, regular season, and post season.  The refs conscious effort to call penalties more or less should never be a factor.  If they see it, they call it based on the rules.  That should be it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Im not sure if the Bills were playing the Bucs tonight that they’d have a chance. I think they’d look a lot like the Chiefs - physically outmatched on O with a D that gives up plays to an on target Brady.

Maybe, but McDermott seemed to have a pretty good plan for Brady the last few times we played him, the offense just couldn’t score. 

• Agree 1

• SDS unpinned this topic