Beasley gutsy performance clearly not 100%

jwhit34

I was at the game and it was pretty clear watching him walk on and off the field that the injury still bothered him. He wasn't limping but he definitely wasn't close to 100%. I don't know how many snaps he played but he made the most of them - 7 targets, 7 receptions says it all.

I thought it was a very gutsy performance that has flown a little under the radar.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

I was at the game and it was pretty clear watching him walk on and off the field that the injury still bothered him. He wasn't limping but he definitely wasn't close to 100%. I don't know how many snaps he played but he made the most of them - 7 targets, 7 receptions says it all.

I thought it was a very gutsy performance that has flown a little under the radar.

This right here ^^^ 

Having talent like Beasley on this team is a credit to Beane and Co, Beas is small but he is mighty! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

This is a great point.   You could see it on TV, too.  He was hurting, but there was no way he wasn't going to play.  In fact, Diggs is dinged too, although to a lesser extent.   

The fact is that a lot of pro football players are like that this time of season.  It takes guts to play this game.

Thanks for pointing this out.  

• Like (+1) 3

Beasley is the man and came up big.  During the season 101 targets only one drop and he had a beautiful snag yesterday.  Hopefully he didnt do any more damage yesterday and is ready to rip next week.  Im assuming well get the sunday game bc whomever our opponent is their playing today and id imaging theyd want to give them a week in between games and that would give us 8.  Hopefully Beasley is closer to 100% next week as well as other players who are banged up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

This guy is a warrior.

I hate/hate "football as war" analogies (latter is just a wee bit different), but kinda applicable here.

Also, and this is open question: cortisone, Toradal, ketamine lollipop(!), other as mother's helper?

@balln, @oldmanfan, other docs?

I ask b/c the trade-off issues are so interesting.

I’m not a pharmacologist but I assume anti-inflammatories are in the mix

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Josh specifically gave him a Shout-out in his post-game presser.    Beas played 41 snaps, 69% of them.  7 receptions on 7 targets for 57 yards, and they were tough, gritty catches most of them.  3 for first downs, several to set up short 2nd downs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m not a pharmacologist but I assume anti-inflammatories are in the mix

Toradol injections are so common in the NFL that the players call it the "T-Train"

Probably draining and cortisone injections in the knee (SOP for the orthopedic surgeons in StL who were formerly Rams team doctors)

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm starting to wonder if it's a meniscus tear? 

This was the speculation from BangedupBills and others as soon as the injury was announced as "knee". (scroll down to week 17)

This is an injury that can be managed, but is incredibly painful.   Its progress is also unpredictable from person to person even with a similar-looking tear on MRI.

Beasley appears to be wearing a brace - you can see a thin circular line under his pants above his knee on one side but not the other - it would appear to be a close-fitting brace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm starting to wonder if it's a meniscus tear? 

Oh boy, this got me in alot of trouble when "others" initially opined foot or ankle. 

Btw, my opinion is that you are correct. (Noting there's various types of meniscus tears)

Advice: put on your IBA, and keep helmet 'neath the parapet.

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

He was clutch. 

Always is.

His awareness n ability to get extra yards in tight spots is phenomenal.  

And ya they showed him on TV clearly in some pain, very gutsy performance 

11 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Davis (4) and Bease (7) a combined 11/11 on targets.  Amazing!  Brown 0/4🙁

Davis was so clutch. What a performance from the rookie.  

What a steal in the 4th round. 

I like the Hodgins pick too. He has been on ir , think he can make an impact next year

9 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

agree. Josh Gabe him a direct shout out. 

Since you were there, why was brown invisible? Blanketed doubled or just Not open? 

9 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

He played better than Smoke Brown that game.

Brown is also hurt and clearly not himself yet. McKenzie is injured and Diggs is prolly not 100% either. Davis is the only healthy starter amongst receivers. They can tough it out and play but they are not as effective as usually they are. Unless they can heal up and soon thats a problem.

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Since you were there, why was brown invisible? Blanketed doubled or just Not open?

I've got same question, as it's really disconcerting. Have to wait for C1 analysis, I guess.

Or, maybe, as @HappyDaysand others say, we over-value Smoke (my paraphrase). I'm agnostic at this point.