Pray its the Steelers

Next weekend games time are usually 4 and 8 Saturday and 1 and 4 Sunday.  I'd guessing the league will want KC in the Sunday 4:00  slot so would that put the Bills on Saturday again?  If the Steelers win tonight that gives the Bills a clear extra day and half more time, granted they don't know who they are playing, but still time to rest up the body (and get coaches interviews out of the way).  Even if it ends up being Balt - Tenn still have one extra day of rest.

Alls i know is if the Bills D continues to play like they did yesterday missing tackles and giving away passing yds underneath like they did due to no pressure (which Indy has a great O line) the next game could be their last because Indy has laid out the blue print of how to beat them .

If it weren't for the missed catch in the end zone that hit Pittman's finger tips and the missed field goal the Bills would be sitting the rest of the play offs at home . Up some 16 points and you give it away  to come down to 3 points the D needs to step up ...

My take....

1. always challenging to beat the same team in the same season...familiarity, understanding what worked/what didn't

2. rather not play a defense capable of shutting us down, on the flip side also would not.like to play a potent offense

All that said.  The team who scares me the most is Bmore.  They are our worst match-up for our offensive style.  They also are hot right now on offense.

Then avoid Pittsburgh.  They are getting healthy on defense and offense (Haden, Williams, Spillane) all back on defense then they get a starting OL back with Feller.

I would like a rematch with the Titans.  I think we can score on them, and had so many defensive injuries the first match-up that we can contain them enough.

So let's go Titan early, and hope for a huge upset with the Brownies

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Go to www.buffalobills.com, and you can search the map for bills backers bars.  They have a map and you can choose between the two in Ft. Myers.  I’ve heard of RonDaos, but don’t know the other.  Years ago, that was part of my sales territory.

Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

On a related note, I wonder what research the coaches are doing today. We could end up playing the Steelers, titans, or ravens next week. Do they start on a deep dive into all three of those teams, or wait for the games to shake out Today? 

It is a good question. We have a day advantage on whoever we play, and I think we all know this staff will do everything they can with that advantage. We have gameplans for two of the three possibilities, already. My guess is they draw up skelton plans for all three this morning, begin honing that down after the first game is over and maybe gamble a bit by focusing most on the Steelers (the odds-on favorite). Whoever is next, there is no doubt we will have a jump on them in the prep work.

• Like (+1) 1

I think people spend too much time focusing on matchups. Sports are about psychology as well. That's why the Steelers matchup worries me. It's not easy to beat the same team, a proud team, 3x in 13 months. 90% of Bills fans have been clamoring to play Pittsburgh. I just caution: be careful what you wish for.

Also, from the matchup angle, the Bills struggled more in that first half against the Steelers than they have all season.

18 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not being able to run the football is going to be tough,  regardless of who it is.  That's a lot of weight on Josh and the receivers' shoulders. 

And this feeds the strategy of running Josh, and I hate that.  Let him scramble all he needs to, but those designed runs make me pass gas every time.

18 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Great thought re: getting the Chiefs beat by someone else as well as us (maybe) having an easier draw against the Stillers.   

The only reason I'd like to see the Chiefs beat by someone else is because it means we'd host the CCG.  Otherwise, I'd love to see the Josh v Patrick match up.

1 hour ago, T master said:

Alls i know is if the Bills D continues to play like they did yesterday missing tackles and giving away passing yds underneath like they did due to no pressure (which Indy has a great O line) the next game could be their last because Indy has laid out the blue print of how to beat them .

If it weren't for the missed catch in the end zone that hit Pittman's finger tips and the missed field goal the Bills would be sitting the rest of the play offs at home . Up some 16 points and you give it away  to come down to 3 points the D needs to step up ...

Yup and if Scott Norwood doesn't miss that kick we win a superbowl. Its football man you survive and advance, style points in the playoffs mean nothing. Yes we struggled on defense but we pulled out a win against a 11 win colts team.

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I think people spend too much time focusing on matchups. Sports are about psychology as well. That's why the Steelers matchup worries me. It's not easy to beat the same team, a proud team, 3x in 13 months. 90% of Bills fans have been clamoring to play Pittsburgh. I just caution: be careful what you wish for.

Also, from the matchup angle, the Bills struggled more in that first half against the Steelers than they have all season.

I would argue precisely the opposite.  Psychology plays a role in sports, but it's way minor to talent on the field, coaching, and in football, matchups on the field.

There are reasons why we beat Pittsburgh without too much sweating, and why Tennessee handled us pretty well.

The Titans scare me to death, along with KC.

I would also add Baltimore to that list, simply b/c of Lamar Jackson.  He and Mahomes are the sorts of prima donna QBs who can utterly dominate a football game and dictate the outcome single-handedly, especially if they are really in the mood.  

Big Ben can't do that at this point in his career.  When he was younger?  Sure, though he never had the running threat of the others mentioned! 

All things being equal, I think I like the idea of playing Pittsburgh the most, even if we did just play them.

It's worth remembering that, at this time of year, ALL opponents are GOOD teams and all games should be presumed to be extremely difficult!  That's why it's the playoffs.

I often laugh at posts here when the Bills beat up on what will become a 5 win team early in the season and then draw the conclusion the Bills will win the Super Bowl.

5 win teams don't play at this time of year.  Only really solid, tough teams do!

All these potential games are going to be tough! 

Yeah, praying to face the Steelers feels like one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios.  I think this team has the ability to beat any of these teams, regardless of who gets through, but the Steelers have a ton of playoff experience, and will be a completely different team in January than they were last month.  I still think we can beat them, mostly because of Old Ben showing his age and a bad running game, but they have a great Defense and we can't count on this receivers continuing to drop balls that hit them in their hands.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tennessee's defense is not very good and neither is the Ravens considering Cleveland put up 42 against them. 

Beating the Steelers twice in the same year that could be it tough task. And remember their defense will be better and they contained the bills the first half

19 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Don’t mean to get off topic but I will be in Fort Myers, FL next weekend and I am looking for a Bills backer bar.  Anyone know of any good ones?

Ron Dao’s (on Summerlin?)  is not a good Sports Bar, it’s a tremendous one! I’ve been there a dozen times. The Wings & Pizza are Buffalo equivalent and in normal times, you can request ANY game be put on one of the dozens of screens!

I’m Canadian and we have been able to get a Leafs’ Hockey game put up- probably not during March Madness, though. 😂They cater to their patrons.

Used to be a separate Bills’ Mafia room, all decked out! 

Two weeks ago I prayed it would be the Colts and that was nearly a disaster.  It turned out to be a terrible matchup for Buffalo.  No more praying for me.  Just let the matchup happen without my divine intervention.