Week 16 Postgame Thread Bills @ Pats*

Chandler#81

54 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

NFL Network is replaying last night’s game today at 4 pm, eastern time. Not gonna lie, I am pouring a glass of bourbon and preparing to relive my bliss.

I notice you live in Boston.  You should invite over a few neighbors.  Be sure to wear your mask, after all we stole their thunder!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

My job is mentally demanding/taxing, and I am very good at it. It could be said that releasing on the internet is better than releasing in the office or at home. However I am old school and only use internet forums or irc, none of that social media garbage. I have seen people at my own company get into trouble on facebook. Just not the smartest ppl.

Every person on the internet believes so.....please post resume and references so we can verify your posts.  Based on other posts, there is reason to doubt.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I guess I don't recall what was said way back then while he was playing, but I do remember when Elway finally got his ring(s) the talk was that QB's are not elite unless they get at least one ring. Not to say if a QB gets a ring they are elite, Rypien, Dilfer etc.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But, by that definition (at least one SB ring), the only difference between Jim Kelly being elite or being not elite is one missed 43-yard field goal?  That seems a tough stance, in my opinion.  Especially for a team game.

For my money, I'd take Kelly on those '90s teams over any of the quarterbacks you named as "elite".  Not that Kelly was better than any of them, but he was the perfect QB for the Buffalo Bills at that time.  Smart, talented, tough as nails, and competitive.

I also believe that if Kelly had been the QB on any of those SB winning teams led by those QBs you mentioned, he would have won just as they did.  JUst my humble opinion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm torn between him playing next week to get the franchise yardage, Diggs to 1500 yards and Beasley to 1000 yards vs. ensuring no injuries. Argh...  The smart thing would be to rest starters, but I want them to play and knock the Dolphins out.

I'd like to see them play the first half, and only keep out those who might have lingering issues (Cole, Milano, that type).

I do think keeping up the momentum is important, but I'm also not an NFL coach.  This is the first FO/Coaching staff that I actually trust to make the right decisions since the 90s.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

NFL Network is replaying last night’s game today at 4 pm, eastern time. Not gonna lie, I am pouring a glass of bourbon and preparing to relive my bliss.

It’s was replayed earlier as well and I recorded it. It’s only 2 hours so I can delete original recording and save some dvr usage.👍

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I have been in the design engineering field for 20+ years, and over that time period have learned that a very small percentage of degreed engineers posess the intuitiveness, creativity and temperment to produce at a high level. There are tons of idea people and super booksmart people who can't produce a thing, along with an abundance of those who have no pride in their work. As far as elite, I'm being sarcastic, not sure that is a thing in my line of work. 

The old addage "good people are hard to find" is so very true...

Ha all this time you were Rosen not chosen / whitedwarf / whatever other usernames you've had. It all makes sense now.

Rewatching the game.  Last play of first quarter, Bills get Butler to jump Offside wiping out the Jackson INT.  When did the rule change that a quarter can't end on a defensive play?  Refs wiped out the INT, gave Buffalo five yards and then teams switched ends.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

btw, Tom Landry’s record of 20 straight winning seasons is safe. Sorry Bill, 19 is close but no cigar.🤣

Just like going to 4 straight Super Bowls will never be broken

Well - not by a team other than possibly these Buffalo Bills...

Edited by stevewin

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I notice you live in Boston.  You should invite over a few neighbors.  Be sure to wear your mask, after all we stole their thunder!

I’m not a trash talker or gloater by nature. A quiet smile is the most someone would get from me on last night’s game. 😄 It’s good for my health in these parts. There are a lot of enthusiastic Bills fans in the Boston area.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

Rewatching the game.  Last play of first quarter, Bills get Butler to jump Offside wiping out the Jackson INT.  When did the rule change that a quarter can't end on a defensive play?  Refs wiped out the INT, gave Buffalo five yards and then teams switched ends.

The rule is a half can’t end on a defensive penalty.

Just now, K-9 said:

The rule is a half can’t end on a defensive penalty.

Hmmm.  Really?  Good to know.  Thought it was quarter.  Makes more sense it be on the quarter.  Windy stadiums being the principle reason.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Hmmm.  Really?  Good to know.  Thought it was quarter.  Makes more sense it be on the quarter.  Windy stadiums being the principle reason.

Quarter makes sense in that regard. Perhaps I’m mistaken then?

Just now, K-9 said:

Quarter makes sense in that regard. Perhaps I’m mistaken then?

Just looked it up..  Here is what I found.

If it happens at the end of the first or third quarters, the offense can choose not to extend the period, and simply enforce the penalty before the next period begins

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was wondering since he's the fastest player on the roster, why Taiwan Jones wasn't getting more reps on O.  Now I know why.  4.33 speed, can't catch a cold.

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Is anyone else worried about the run defense? 

I think Frazier and Edmunds have to watch some film this week, or Edmunds has to change careers to matador.  That being said, refs were not calling holding last night and Addison got tackled on Cam's TD run.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Honestly, I’m not. Last night, the Patsies run numbers were going to be a bit inflated, because they focus on it so much. Their yard per carry average was inflated by about three breakdowns. The bottom line, to me, is that they gained 201 total yards....no problem.

Overall, through this nine game stretch of excellence, I feel our run D, and overall D, have ranged from pretty solid to very good.

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

Honestly, I’m not. Last night, the Patsies run numbers were going to be a bit inflated, because they focus on it so much. Their yard per carry average was inflated by about three breakdowns. The bottom line, to me, is that they gained 201 total yards....no problem.

Overall, through this nine game stretch of excellence, I feel our run D, and overall D, have ranged from pretty solid to very good.

Our defense is for the most part better with Milano, than without.  His speed will be essential in facing TE's like Gesicke and Kelce, he also has a nose for the ball.  That said, Klein is very quick to the ball carrier and at times the QB, and makes Hughes that much better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I wish that we had left Allen in just to bolster his MVP run and drive the stake home on the Patriots, but that's literally my only complaint.  The game was perfection for a Bills fan. 

WHO CARES ABOUT MVP

we just lost our 2nd best WR for the rest of the season most likely because we left him in for an extra few minutes 

everyone needs to be rested next week

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ok so this is a Bronco's youtuber that i caught wind of before our matchup with them last season and i just love the dude. This vid is basically 10 min of his hilarious take of the Bills and pats. Freaking comedic GOLD.

Love this guy.  His hate of the Patriots and Chiefs runs deep.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Figster said:

The run blocking hasn't been to shabby as of late...

Oddly it seems to really pick up on whatever side Feliciano is playing guard.

Mongo playing on the left side runs to the left find more daylight, they move him to the right and runs to the right start paying dividends.

He brings a bit more finish than some of our other guys, but run blocking is a lot about the mentality of playing through to the whistle and  what he brings can rub off on other guys on the line.

It was certainly satisfying seeing Moss drive in that TD.

If they add a real power run threat near the goal line, the Bills go from very difficult to defend in the red zone, to darn near impossible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

WHO CARES ABOUT MVP

we just lost our 2nd best WR for the rest of the season most likely because we left him in for an extra few minutes 

everyone needs to be rested next week

Lots of players, fans, etc... care about getting that kind of recognition.

The rest of the season is one game.  You can't rest all the starters anyways, there aren't enough roster spots.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I am, if the team also has a passing attack that’s effective. Last night we did OK against the run except for a couple drives... but we knew the run was coming. The Pats completely quit on the pass. 

I am a little concerned about a balanced team where we have to respect both the run and pass... especially while Edmunds continues to whiff on runners!

Hopefully it’s just boogeyman thoughts.. 

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Man I’ve seen multiple media state that Bills caught a break when JA was picked off in end zone, but Pats were Offside. Yikes JA saw that and threw a 50/50 pass in a nothing to lose play. Do they even watch the game ?

Really they thought 0 redzone INT Josh Allen threw that without knowing it was a free play?

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Have to say, Cam Newton looks done. Can't see another team signing him next year. His arm is just dead, I guess? When he missed that pass over the middle to a wide open guy when he had to run up in the pocket, I was a little shocked. He skipped it off the ground.

Guess his injuries and shoulder problems have done him in?

Agree 100% unless he is dealing with an injury we don't know about. He seems to be holding onto the ball too long (past the top of his release) so that the ball is sinking right out of his hand. I watched their three previous games as part of my Scouting The Patriots post last week and saw the same flaw in his throwing motion last night, I just can't understand why he hasn't fixed that.

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

They should just cut Barkley for getting Beasley injured. Let's see what Fromm or Webb can do. I'm sure they can't do any worse than Matt 'the Barf' Barkely.

Whether or not he's 100% at fault there, Barkley isn't good enough as QB2 and we need to try and upgrade in the offseason. If Josh were to get hurt, Barkley would be a massive downgrade. I'd love to see us bring back Fitz if the terms are reasonable. It's well known that he loved his time here and he's become good friends with Josh already.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Incredible. Even after watching his performance last night, that's probably the most damning argument against Newton I've seen yet. What's the over/under on Newton's remaining starts for his career if you had to guess? 7?

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Oddly it seems to really pick up on whatever side Feliciano is playing guard.

Mongo playing on the left side runs to the left find more daylight, they move him to the right and runs to the right start paying dividends.

He brings a bit more finish than some of our other guys, but run blocking is a lot about the mentality of playing through to the whistle and  what he brings can rub off on other guys on the line.

It was certainly satisfying seeing Moss drive in that TD.

If they add a real power run threat near the goal line, the Bills go from very difficult to defend in the red zone, to darn near impossible.

I think Feliciano is so much more important to the O-line, run game, and the overall team than most of us realized. He brings an edge and level of intensity that good offenses need. We need to pay that man and keep him in Buffalo. 

To your last point, I'd actually make a case that we need a speed back rather than a power/goal line RB. Daboll is able to compensate for some of it with jet motion, but the biggest weakness of our rushing attack is that we can't beat defenders to the corners and down the sideline. When you think of some of the other elite offenses like KC and Baltimore, I'd love to see us add a RB and another WR with elite speed in this next draft.