MNF undercard: WFT at Steelers 5pm Fox

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I have to quote myself here. because once again, take the damn 3 points and move on.  points are hard to come by and it’s still early.  washington was dumb for going for it. and pittsburgh dumb for blowing off the chip shot and a 10-0 lead. just my opinion but it’s constantly happening.

I know it was a chipper, but Pitt doesn’t have its normal kicker, fwiw.

11 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The only thing I can think of is they ruled Logan Thomas’ forward progress was stopped. But I would have thought they would have informed Ron Rivera of that and that the play isn’t challengeable. 

I think the ball is spotted at the point at which it crosses the boundary. His feet were in bounds but the ball crossed over the boundary before it passed the sticks.

Edited by mbs
formatting

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes, looks like a wrist or arm

Watching the replay, I thought Fitzpatricks elbow went right in Haden's sackologicals.

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

When Reid had him he was more mobile and would readily run.  Won't do that after his severe leg injury.

Yeah, but from what I remember it always always about the TE for Smith, short passes etc. The running helped him but he's super checkdown boy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Watching the replay, I thought Fitzpatricks elbow went right in Haden's sackologicals.

Yeah, but from what I remember it always always about the TE for Smith, short passes etc. The running helped him but he's super checkdown boy.

That was the big criticism about him...that he was so conservative and wouldn't go down field.  As to winning games...Brady was notorious for dink and dunk early on.  

So Washington's Alex Smith makes a mistake and takes the ball off the field and the Steelers are penalized by the refs who stop the clock because they didn't have a ball to spot? Are you paying attention coach Belicheat this is a great way to get your FG off when you have no TO's left.

I'm getting sick and tired of the crappy officiating in the NFL.  It's incompetence meets arbitrary enforcement.  This a real problem the league ad better address.

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Giving the competition committee another rule to create

No need for a new rule just common sense by the morons in stripes.  If the team with the ball does what Smith does the clock runs as the refs wait for a ball.  Pretty simple IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Can you imagine complaints from NFLPA?

Well they would complain as a strategy to get as many concessions as possible. But if they get more cap money, larger rosters, dropping marijuana prohibitions, etc, they could be convinced. Frankly I think this new practice squad arrangement is going to stick around.

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So Washington's Alex Smith makes a mistake and takes the ball off the field and the Steelers are penalized by the refs who stop the clock because they didn't have a ball to spot? Are you paying attention coach Belicheat this is a great way to get your FG off when you have no TO's left.

I'm getting sick and tired of the crappy officiating in the NFL.  It's incompetence meets arbitrary enforcement.  This a real problem the league ad better address.

No need for a new rule just common sense by the morons in stripes.  If the team with the ball does what Smith does the clock runs as the refs wait for a ball.  Pretty simple IMO.

Could give them an unsportsmanlike conduct also, that would stop either team from doing it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well they would complain as a strategy to get as many concessions as possible. But if they get more cap money, larger rosters, dropping marijuana prohibitions, etc, they could be convinced. Frankly I think this new practice squad arrangement is going to stick around.

I hope so along with the IR rules!

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I agree. Too many players go in IR getting paid for season when they would be healthy enough to play in a few games.

• Like (+1) 1