It’s official. The New York Jets legendarily suck!

Chandler#81

[Do you feel bad for Gregg Williams?]

I feel bad for Gregg Williams the same way I feel bad for other people who are both mind-numbingly incompetent and slightly evil while pulling down 7-figure salaries.

Which is not very.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
so post makes sense post merge
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Nope, he put bounties on players health/careers in games. He has been a smug and arrogant coach in his career. All seems to be self inflicted. JMO

Ditto.

What's worse is that some team out there will hire him again.

7 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I feel bad for Gregg Williams the same way I feel bad for other people who are both mind-numbingly incompetent and slightly evil while pulling down 7-figure salaries.

Which is not very.

This just in: Greggy gets fired for his goof ball move to lose the game. 

Just now, Augie said:

This just in: Greggy gets fired for his goof ball move to lose the game. 

Honestly i think Gase is in charge and JD is just the figure piece in the office

Just now, Heavy Kevi said:

I hope this means they keep Gase.

You bite your tongue sir

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

What may be late to some is me arriving just when I was supposed to

sadly I just read Greggo was fired.  

Sorry about that, i shouldnt have said that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right good start. Really don't like that guy. As a Bill's fan love this team. Hate to see any team with bad losing.  Jet's need to find the right coach and GM. The Bill's are under good leadership under McDermott and beane.

If Gase is back next season i am really going to have to consider not pulling for them anymore.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I hope you're right.

Hey, anything is possible.  I just don't see how a guy who had been the DC of two teams to go 0-28 and with his ego can get even an assistant job in the NFL.

Just now, Doc said:

Hey, anything is possible.  I just don't see how a guy who had been the DC of two teams to go 0-28 and with his ego can get even an assistant job in the NFL.

By all rights he should be done.

The thing is that people like him in this business has friends and connections, and they will talk him up and make excuses for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

By all rights he should be done.

The thing is that people like him in this business has friends and connections, and they will talk him up and make excuses for him.

Look at how many chances Rob Ryan got. Every year he'd have the worst defense in the league, and the next year he'd be on another sideline. For years!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Yeah am pretty sure this is going to prevent Gregg-O from landing another DC job in the NFL as between this and bounty gate I can't see a team wanting to take a chance to bring him in to man the defense, now I could still see him as an assistant HC or position coach but DC nope.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

And it also isn't a selling point to come to this division. You have the Bills and Dolphins on the upswing, and you have the GOAT coaching in NE. This division is suddenly one of the hardest to win in.

Absolutely.  As we know, NE is never going to be a pushover as long as BB is there, and Miami is going to be a force to be reckoned with, especially after another draft with 4 top 50 picks.  But I think people underestimate how quickly the Jets could bounce back, if they hire the right coach.  They had a very good draft this year, they have a lot of picks in 2021, and they will probably be adding Trevor Lawrence. This could be the toughest division in football in a couple years.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

So does that mean the Hopkins play was not a Hail Mary as he was alone? One WR and one CB (it just happened that because it was the last play and the Bills played coverage - 2 safeties converged also).

The Difference between the Hopkins play and the Raiders play was the defense.  The Bills played coverage - so there were 3 guys deep forming the scrum.  The Jets blitzed leaving the DB one on one.

Would the Raider play have been a Hail Mary if there had been 2 additional deep safeties that converged on the catch?

The Hopkins play was intended to be a deep sideline to set up another play.  The near sack, and the long scramble by Murray took enough time to leave him no choice but to improvise a “Hail Mary”.    Hopkins had the smarts to break the pattern and get to the end zone.   Murray had the smarts to not throw it anywhere else because no one else was going to score or get out of bounds.   The Bills were in the right defense to stop anything deep, they just didn’t make the play.  Murray and Hopkins were absolutely perfect on a fortunate (for them) Hail Mary attempt.  

The point I’m trying to make is that the Jets defense made it easy.  The Raiders saw the blitz, picked up the blitz, the QB stepped up and launched an uncontested ball to a wide open receiver.  If you want to call every deep pass a Hail Mary that’s fine, or if you want to call any and every deep pass in the last seconds of a game a Hail Mary that’s fine.  All I’m saying is teams practice Hail Mary plays designed  specifically to get players around the ball, and the Raiders play was  a basic deep pattern to one guy against single coverage.  The QB lead the receiver into the end zone.  It was not even a jump ball.  

Nice to see Greggo get fired for his arrogance and stupidity.   That play was way too easy. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

A coaching career that started out with promise ends with him as a National laughing stock. 

The ESPN taking heads are making fun of him this morning. I kind of feel bad for the guy. 

Considering how many people have been let go at Exclusive Suck P*triots Network he may be laughing at them soon. He keeps finding jobs.

If Adam Gase has already blown the entire season, why fire Gregg over losing one game due to ONE awful decision?  You already lost 10 others because of the awful offense. 

The jets have almost none of their defensive talent that they started the year with (Mosely - opted out, Jamal Adams - traded, McClendon - traded, and I think there were others) and the offense turns the ball over at an alarming rate.  He wasn't set up to succeed this year.  I think that despite this amazingly bad call, he's still not a bad DC.  Their D was pretty stout last year when they had their players.. and I'm not convinced that their D is awful this year even without their players

To me, it's just a really really odd decision

Full disclosure:  it pains me to say that Gregg was treated unfairly.  The guy is a 🤡

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rex Ryan weighs in:

Fans weigh in:

I would take Rex back in a heartbeart! The team ran through walls with him. If we had another QB not named Sanchez at the time who knows, we might have made it to the SB

2 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

If Adam Gase has already blown the entire season, why fire Gregg over losing one game?  You already lost 10 others because of the awful offense. 

The jets have almost none of their defensive talent that they started the year with (Mosely - opted out, Jamal Adams - traded, McClendon - traded, and I think there were others) and the offense turns the ball over at an alarming rate.  He wasn't set up to succeed this year.  I think that despite this amazingly bad call, he's still not a bad DC.  Their D was pretty stout last year when they had their players.. and I'm not convinced that their D is awful this year even without their players

To me, it's just a really really odd decision

Full disclosure:  it pains me to say that Gregg was treated unfairly.  The guy is a 🤡

Because Gase and Williams never got along. They should have fired everyone today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, berg1029 said:

So in other words, the FO is still caving in to Gase's demands despite him being a lame duck?

For sure, they were saying he is the future of football when they hired him, idiots, they need to sell the team. If they keep Gase they are going to lose a lot of money.

• Like (+1) 1

I hear a lot of people in the media cackling and mocking the New Jersey Jets right now. And I agree that yesterday was inexcusable, but they should enjoy it while they can. Many here may not remember, but pre-Manning, the Colts were also an embarrassment. To the point where I actually felt sorry for them when we played them one MNF and they couldn’t do anything right. Similarly (and coincidentally), the Colts were a joke again the year Manning was hurt and they got Luck.

All I’m saying is that I’m thrilled right now if I’m a Jet fan. All these other folks can laugh it up for another 4 weeks because Lawrence is coming and is the best QB prospect since Luck. He won’t solve the Jets disfunction all on his own, but he’ll be the main piece to help turn it around. Like many of you, as a Bills fan, yesterday wasn’t funny to me. Even though Lawrence is likely inevitable, I’m rooting like hell for the Jets to win a couple games and take them out of the running.