Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

None of those players would be available to play Sunday? Is it a mandatory 14 days on the list?

I believe they would be if they have two negative tests after the positive - then they are only out 5 days from the initial positive. This is to control potential false positives. I’m not aware if any of these have been identifued as false positives but i don’t think so 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

None of those players would be available to play Sunday? Is it a mandatory 14 days on the list?

X # of days with no fever and 2 days of negative testing 

Players who are put on the list because they tested positive must follow the return protocols listed below. Those who are put on the list because they tested negative but were determined to be in close contact with an infected person must follow the following return protocols:

• Second negative test within 24 hours of initial negative test
  • Increased symptom monitoring
  • Eight days of daily virus testing
  • Regular testing schedule thereafter

@Hapless Bills Fan

@Chandler#81

Can we get this pinned? 

Thanks in advance! 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Titans  currently on the COVID List: 
• DL DaQuan Jones
• LS Beau Brinkley
• TE Tommy Hudson (PS)
• OLB Kamalei Correa
• CB Kristian Fulton
• CB Greg Mabin (PS)
• WR Adam Humphries
• WR Cam Batson
• DL Jeffery Simmons
• FB Khari Blasingame

I wouldn’t mind facing them with their DL reduced and their slot guy out.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

In summation, Wednesday is the latest Tennessee can open and still play the game Sunday. So with their being clean Monday, it all comes down to tomorrow's results. If clean tomorrow they'll open Wednesday and play Sunday as scheduled, if there is a positive tomorrow the game must be postponed or forfeited.

If they postpone to next Monday night like they did tonight's Pats/Chiefs game, they'll have to also postpone the Bills/Chiefs TNF next week because the Bills will not be asked to play Monday and again on Thursday.

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

In summation, Wednesday is the latest Tennessee can open and still play the game Sunday. So with their being clean Monday, it all comes down to tomorrow's results. If clean tomorrow they'll open Wednesday and play Sunday as scheduled, if there is a positive tomorrow the game must be postponed or forfeited.

If they postpone to next Monday night like they did tonight's Pats/Chiefs game, they'll have to also postpone the Bills/Chiefs TNF next week because the Bills will not be asked to play Monday and again on Thursday.

no game is going to be forfeited. you can't force teams to play during a pandemic and punish them when they have played infected. games will keep getting postponed until they are able to be played. 

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Yeah, but the easy answer is to move the Bills/Chiefs game to the weekend.

going into the NE game we need to be at minimum 6-1. splitting the next two games is fine. 

That first NE game is going to the biggest game of the season. Its our time to finally put our stamp on the league and make a statement. we cannot claim anything until we beat the patriots 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

• DL DaQuan Jones
• LS Beau Brinkley
• TE Tommy Hudson (PS)
• OLB Kamalei Correa
• CB Kristian Fulton
• CB Greg Mabin (PS)
• WR Adam Humphries
• WR Cam Batson
• DL Jeffery Simmons
• FB Khari Blasingame

I was hoping for a bye week but if this game is somehow played we have a serious advantage.

Moving a game off of Thursday night would cheat the NFL network of a game.  I don't see and I'm personally hoping that doesn't happen.  I want to keep the schedule as is.  I think a later buy is more desirable than an early buy.  Let's go Titans, one more day of no positives.  Let's do this.

Edited by wjag
biwt
  • Like (+1) 1

The good news:  if the game does happen, Tennessee may be missing a number of players due to COVID-19.  If they include may key players, Tennessee could be significantly undermanned.  That bad news:  If they have their key starters on offense, Derrick Henry could be a major headache for them. 

Just now, TigerJ said:

The good news:  if the game does happen, Tennessee may be missing a number of players due to COVID-19.  If they include may key players, Tennessee could be significantly undermanned.  That bad news:  If they have their key starters on offense, Derrick Henry could be a major headache for them. 

Similar defensive gameplan as yesterday, which worked quite well. The titans offense does not scare me one bit. We should roll this team. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Absolutely. They are missing a starting CB, DT, and LB. 

Plus their starting slot WR who's a great player in Humphries. The FB (for a team who is so reliant on Henry and the run game) and the LS could be underrated losses as well.

Think I heard that Simmons has been their best player on defense this season so far. For all that are concerned about the Bills defense (myself included), it's worth noting that the Titans seem to have taken an even bigger step back on that side of the call.

Per Football Outsiders: 'Speaking of Tennessee and Chicago, they are very low for 3-0 teams before we even start considering opponent adjustments. Each team's three opponents so far are a combined 1-5 in their other games. Tennessee and Chicago rank among the ten lowest-rated 3-0 teams in DVOA history.'

The Game WILL be played if they Titans have another round of Negative Tests today.  

Facilities will open Wed.  Practice Wed, Thurs, Fri - exceeds the minimum of 2 practices needed per week.  

So Titans game will be played on Sunday.  

Now the question is does the NFL move what is going to be a Very good Game, KC vs BUF off their OWN Network, (when Thursdays slates have been HORRIBLE so far this year)?  I doubt it. so KC would end up playing 3 games in a 10 day window.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

• DL DaQuan Jones
• LS Beau Brinkley
• TE Tommy Hudson (PS)
• OLB Kamalei Correa
• CB Kristian Fulton
• CB Greg Mabin (PS)
• WR Adam Humphries
• WR Cam Batson
• DL Jeffery Simmons
• FB Khari Blasingame

Starters from that list include Daquan Jones, their nose tackle and Jeffery Simmons, a 3/4 defensive end, also Adam Humphries, a slot receiver, and of course their long snapper.  Missing a long snapper could turn kicking field goals and punting into an unpleasant adventure for them, and the defensive line shortages should make it fairly easy for Buffalo to move the ball on the ground and keep Josh Allen well protected.  It doesn't look as if the Titans offense is impacted that much, but then this does not include run of the mill injuries.

Edited by TigerJ

12 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

You think they would make the bills play a Monday/Thursday?

You may be right , but I don’t know about that.

I would expect the NFLPA to riot if their members were expected to play on a Monday and then again Thursday.

I would expect the Bills to file a grievance as well.

The players hate Thurs games.  Micah Hyde (or Poyer, not sure which) said he normally doesn't start feeling decent until Thurs.

So at least if they're playing Sunday and Thursday they have a chance to "get right" before they play again.

Playing Monday then Thursday would be total bull####, a complete competitive screw-job for the team that plays Monday.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not according to ex-Bill, now sports talking head Coy Wire. He reported live this morning to the nation on HLN that the Titans have 2 new cases, bringing the total to 20. juss sayin’🤷‍♂️ somebody B lyin’

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not according to ex-Bill, now sports talking head Coy Wire. He reported live this morning to the nation on HLN that the Titans have 2 new cases, bringing the total to 20. juss sayin’🤷‍♂️ somebody B lyin’

considering literally every other report, except for apparently coy Wire's lol, says they had no positives today, im gonna go with believing the majority 

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

On the front page of NFL.com it says zero new cases.  I'm going to trust that for now.

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-pats-chiefs-clear-no-positives-titans-125846311--nfl.html

The Titans' outbreak reached 20 cases Sunday with the team's sixth straight day of at least one positive with 18 returned since Tuesday.

But Tennessee had no positives back Monday morning. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Monday because neither the NFL nor the Titans announced the latest results.

Tennessee will need continued negative results to host Buffalo (4-0) on Sunday, and Wednesday is the earliest the Titans can get back inside their facility as long as the franchise has back-to-back days of negative test results.

Titans linebacker Will Compton wrote on Twitter, ''No positive tests. Victory Monday.''

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

considering literally every other report, except for apparently coy Wire's lol, says they had no positives today, im gonna go with believing the majority 

See how ya are?

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-pats-chiefs-clear-no-positives-titans-125846311--nfl.html

The Titans' outbreak reached 20 cases Sunday with the team's sixth straight day of at least one positive with 18 returned since Tuesday.

But Tennessee had no positives back Monday morning. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Monday because neither the NFL nor the Titans announced the latest results.

Tennessee will need continued negative results to host Buffalo (4-0) on Sunday, and Wednesday is the earliest the Titans can get back inside their facility as long as the franchise has back-to-back days of negative test results.

Titans linebacker Will Compton wrote on Twitter, ''No positive tests. Victory Monday.''

Thanks. I see now. Coy’s report was at 06:30, thus reporting yesterday’s news.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

4-0 and the Bills need to finish fattening up and go to 5-0 before hitting the next 4 game stretch which will be the hardest of the season. Vegas is a decent team and on the road the Bills took care of them. 

I like how everyone keeps pushing back "when the schedule gets hard" lol. Started out as week 2 vs the Rams was when the tests began, then it was going on the road to take on a pretty decent Vegas team, now its the Titans on the road, then itll be the chiefs and so on. 

How about, its the NFL and every win is special and meaningful. Line up on sunday or monday or thursday and take care of business. So far thats what weve been doing. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I like how everyone keeps pushing back "when the schedule gets hard" lol. Started out as week 2 vs the Rams was when the tests began, then it was going on the road to take on a pretty decent Vegas team, now its the Titans on the road, then itll be the chiefs and so on. 

How about, its the NFL and every win is special and meaningful. Line up on sunday or monday or thursday and take care of business. So far thats what weve been doing. 

I thought the schedules hardest stretch came from week 5 to 9. The Rams and Raiders in my mind were solid teams but teams the Bills should have been able to handle (although the Rams are better than I thought). I thought of the Titans and Pats games as a toss up and then the Chiefs and Seahawks games as a hard to win. The only favored game in that span is the Jets.

The Titans covid situation puts things up in the air for this game as I am thinking the Titans covid outbreak is likely to benefit the Bills if a game were to be played Sunday.

I never bought the hype of how "hard" the schedule was. I think fans overrated that type of thing

• Like (+1) 2

This might sound a little goofy to some but I would think the team/players and fans would feel better traveling to Nashville if the visitor

locker room is deep cleaned by a reliable contractor that the Bills could have contact with.  Just to make sure it's up to the Bills standard and

not the Titans standard which evidently was lacking.

When the team arrives at the stadium from their hotel the last thing they need is a distraction about worrying over something like that.

I wonder if any of the "reporters" will ask McDermott about this in the coming days?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The Game WILL be played if they Titans have another round of Negative Tests today.  

Facilities will open Wed.  Practice Wed, Thurs, Fri - exceeds the minimum of 2 practices needed per week.  

Now the question is does the NFL move what is going to be a Very good Game, KC vs BUF off their OWN Network, (when Thursdays slates have been HORRIBLE so far this year)?  I doubt it. so KC would end up playing 3 games in a 10 day window.

They might have no choice but to get the Chiefs out of that Thursday night game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This might sound a little goofy to some but I would think the team/players and fans would feel better traveling to Nashville if the visitor

locker room is deep cleaned by a reliable contractor that the Bills could have contact with.  Just to make sure it's up to the Bills standard and

not the Titans standard which evidently was lacking.

When the team arrives at the stadium from their hotel the last thing they need is a distraction about worrying over something like that.

I wonder if any of the "reporters" will ask McDermott about this in the coming days?

Its quite possible that the Titans violated protocol (and regardless of how you feel about protocols, rules are rules and violations should be punished) but i don't really like the way some people have gone after tennessee like they obviously did stuff wrong, before all the facts are available (I haven't followed closely - perhaps we now know they did).

Viruses are crazy. A naval ship quarantined for 14 days, and then had an outbreak at sea 5 weeks into having no contact on shore. You can take measures to reduce your chance of infection, but you cannot control every last aerosol particle. 

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Its quite possible that the Titans violated protocol (and regardless of how you feel about protocols, rules are rules and violations should be punished) but i don't really like the way some people have gone after tennessee like they obviously did stuff wrong, before all the facts are available (I haven't followed closely - perhaps we now know they did).

Viruses are crazy. A naval ship quarantined for 14 days, and then had an outbreak at sea 5 weeks into having no contact on shore. You can take measures to reduce your chance of infection, but you cannot control every last aerosol particle. 

I agree with your point of not being able to control everything.  I was keying on more the players "peace of mind".

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Titans need another day of zero positives tomorrow before they can open on Wednesday, so playing Sunday isn’t set in stone yet. 

The 3 games in a 10 day window scenario is interesting as it’s never happened before and I can see the league moving that Thursday night game to Saturday if the Chiefs and the NFLPA raise a stink about it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree with your point of not being able to control everything.  I was keying on more the players "peace of mind".

Yeah your post more triggered my memory of people doing this, than actually doing it itself.

• Like (+1) 1