Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

11 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’ve stopped watching everything ESPN related for about 8 years now. 

On a related note, did you see they are cutting several hundred additional jobs? I rarely watch ESPN myself. For some reason watching people yell at each other does not entertain me. 

Bomani does seem to have an agenda that makes me uncomfortable at times. I’m surprised ESPN allows it, to be honest. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Again it’s about narrative. JA is not in the wheelhouse of guys they like. It’s as simple as that. ESPN being so woke has cost many jobs because they got away from sports. I’m gonna guess we are all gonna get more woke over the next four years.

I’m fine with objective thought out criticism of JA’s game or anyone for that matter. But many in national don’t take the time to do that. JA is upsetting the narrative and it pisses them off. Lazy journalism is what we see from most national media. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, H2o said:

I've never like Jones or Foxworth. Two peas in a pod and the combined IQ of that pod is 1. 

1?  Damn you're generous...

But seriously, after listening to those two tools, the ONLY logical thing I could think was "clickbait".  They are obviously ignorant, lack any semblance of real football knowledge, and are just a couple of desperate trolls.  It was almost comical.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you explain who Bomani Jones and Dominque Foxworth are and why I should give a crap what they think?

Otherwise: behold the field in which I grow my ***** and lo! how it is barren

I have literally only ever heard of them through this thread. I have zero idea who they are and if we want to worry about such low level nobodies hating on Josh Allen we have bigger problems than we think. This thread should be shut down and these two idiots should be starved of the oxygen of attention.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Pretty sure Rush Limbaugh did that with Donovan McNab.  Fired on the spot.

Here's me holding my breath....

I remember that well and it was more of a critique of the media which he's famous for.  ESPN didn't fire him right away but eventually did after a lot of complaints.  He actually made the usual banal conversation on that show interesting for the couple of weeks he was on there.

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I love Bomani, but Josh has to do more to gain national acclaim.  He's playing great, but Seattle's defense is historically bad.  

So he should have put 100 on them to earn respect?

Since you don't pick your opponent maybe Josh could have played left handed.

Josh Allen came into the league as an amazingly polarizing prospect.  A few prognosticators, like Chris Simms saw incredible upside to him.  Most saw a strong armed raw prospect with accuracy issues.  The problem with most prognosticators is that they are married to their first impressions of prospects, and will continue to look for reasons to hold on to it rather than revise their assessment based on the full body of evidence.  That's how you get people praising Tua Tagovailoa as the real deal after on good performance versus the Cardinals and their suspect defense.  Josh Allen could have a duplicate to his Seattle game versus that same Cardinal defense, and there will be those who discount it because it is the Cardinals. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 1:01 AM, purple haze said:

Allen is sloppy with the rock.  People remember things like that.  They remember dumb laterals in playoff games.  That said, he’s still pretty good and getting better.  If he plays well and lessens turnovers the Bills will go far.  But he has to stop giving the ball away.  They should’ve had 40 something points yesterday.  Foxworth is right.  Better teams will take advantage of those mistakes.

And he is inconsistent.  In some games he shines and is the player of the week.  In other games he plays like the 25th or so best QB in the league.  And these guys from around the country probably don't see much of him.  When they do, they might catch him on a bad day and that then forms their impression of him as a whole.

I am thinking of a few games ago when we were on FOX and Terry Bradshaw said "You are either accurate or not accurate, and Josh Allen is not accurate" or words to that effect.  He was very dismissive of Allen.  

Josh's performance that day kind of supported his comments, but it's certainly not the whole picture of who Allen is as a player.

If everyone saw all of every one of Josh's games as we do, they would probably have a more complete, nuanced picture of what Josh can do.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

And he is inconsistent.  In some games he shines and is the player of the week.  In other games he plays like the 25th or so best QB in the league.  And these guys from around the country probably don't see much of him.  When they do, they might catch him on a bad day and that then forms their impression of him as a whole.

I am thinking of a few games ago when we were on FOX and Terry Bradshaw said "You are either accurate or not accurate, and Josh Allen is not accurate" or words to that effect.  He was very dismissive of Allen.  

Josh's performance that day kind of supported his comments, but it's certainly not the whole picture of who Allen is as a player.

If everyone saw all of every one of Josh's games as we do, they would probably have a more complete, nuanced picture of what Josh can do.

ok.  you spent the entire off season letting us know that josh would never, ever get any better, and that we were just to emotionally invested to see it, and we'd all be let down.

time to let that narrative go now.  i know it's going to be hard after preaching so much nonsense, but give it a try.  you were wrong.  very wrong.  maybe next time you have an opinion, you'll realize it's just that, and back off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This explanation is unacceptable for anyone in front of a camera getting paid to talk about football. When you get paid for something you need to know what you're talking about and be good at what you do. otherwise you shouldnt be in that line of work.... but nice try.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

On a related note, did you see they are cutting several hundred additional jobs? I rarely watch ESPN myself. For some reason watching people yell at each other does not entertain me. 

Bomani does seem to have an agenda that makes me uncomfortable at times. I’m surprised ESPN allows it, to be honest. 

I think that ESPN has jumped the shark years ago.  It actually used to be about sports.  I half stopped watching the "year of Kapernick" when half of the shows had people yelling at each other why Kapernick isnt playing and then the shows  morphed into a contest for people to demonstrate the most outrage that Kapernick isnt playing anymore.  Then i fully stopped watching after a month long 90% of ESPN dedicated to Kobe Bryant worship after his tragic death.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think that ESPN has jumped the shark years ago.  It actually used to be about sports.  I half stopped watching the "year of Kapernick" when half of the shows had people yelling at each other why Kapernick isnt playing and then the shows  morphed into a contest for people to demonstrate the most outrage that Kapernick isnt playing anymore.  Then i fully stopped watching after a month long 90% of ESPN dedicated to Kobe Bryant worship after his tragic death.  

They had one show I enjoyed, then they got rid of Mike & Mike. Bye-bye! The other shows are mostly guys yelling at each other all at once......not my idea of entertainment. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hap said it best.  Who gives a crap what these tools say about our guy?  My response Josh.  Keep winning.  MaKe them look like absolute morons once we are 8-2, then after the bye, 9-2.  See what they say then.  They’ll keep making excuses and give props to everyone but Josh so they can save face, and they will look even worse than now as the rest of the world will be non stop how great Allen is as a 3rd year QB.  Let’s go one farther.  We finish 12-4 and he is a final for AFC player of the year.  Then let them choke on their tape of every stupi not measured response they’ve had forever.

I mean, I don't take offense to it... The laughing & carrying on was annoying, but honestly, what do you expect when at that point he had 2 years of game footage of him doing things like this, and completely fell apart in the playoffs the last time they saw him.

You earn respect by playing well & proving people wrong, me included. He didn't do much to quiet doubters the last month, but hey...400+ yards & a win, now we're back on track. He was getting a lot of love early on, so it's not like people unanimously hate him or want to hate him. And as we all know, the more you win, the more love you get.