Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

On 11/10/2020 at 2:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you explain who Bomani Jones and Dominque Foxworth are and why I should give a crap what they think?

Otherwise: behold the field in which I grow my ***** and lo! how it is barren

Foxworth was a NFL corner who now talks football for ESPN. 

Jones is music/sports writer.      Super douchy and holier than thou on everything.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, BigDingus said:

I mean, I don't take offense to it... The laughing & carrying on was annoying, but honestly, what do you expect when at that point he had 2 years of game footage of him doing things like this, and completely fell apart in the playoffs the last time they saw him.

You earn respect by playing well & proving people wrong, me included. He didn't do much to quiet doubters the last month, but hey...400+ yards & a win, now we're back on track. He was getting a lot of love early on, so it's not like people unanimously hate him or want to hate him. And as we all know, the more you win, the more love you get.

Two points for the bolded above.

1. Do they not have access to any games outside of that playoff game last year?

2. Folks that do not understand the game only look at passing stats over the past month and say things like "poor QB performance". What I see is a QB who took what the defense was giving and played within the offensive game plan for that contest. When teams are loading up the field with DBs and two-deep zones, it dictates short passes and running the ball. This may not look great stat-wise, but throwing into double-coverage looks worse as the turnovers pile up.

For example, the game plan against NE was to hand the ball off for most of the game. The passing stats did not light up the sheet, but this is not indicative of a poor QB performance. It frustrates me when folks confuse passing stats and fantasy football point totals to actual QB performance towards the goal of winning a game. 

Edited by WideNine
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Jones is music/sports writer.      Super douchy and holier than thou on everything.  

Bomani Jones is one of the smartest, most educated and knowledgeable people around, not just in sports, but in general. He's flat wrong here, and frankly I'm not sure what his issue is, but it might be the text messages fwiw.

That said, his takes generally are extremely well thought out and supported by a crap ton of historical reference and knowledge. Dude can name every #1 pick and hiesman winner going back to like 1965 off the top of his head...it's insane.

1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

Bomani Jones is one of the smartest, most educated and knowledgeable people around, not just in sports, but in general. He's flat wrong here, and frankly I'm not sure what his issue is, but it might be the text messages fwiw.

That said, his takes generally are extremely well thought out and supported by a crap ton of historical reference and knowledge. Dude can name every #1 pick and hiesman winner going back to like 1965 off the top of his head...it's insane.

Love Lebatard, Papi, Stugotz, Mike Ryan 

not a big fan of Bomani, Pablo, or Foxworth.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Well he’s a jerk. During a podcast earlier in the year he said white folks are just hyping Allen because they don’t like the color of Qb’s frequenting the top of most lists and they want a white qb up there. That’s absolute racist garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

FWIW(not much), Foxworth is much more reasonable in his appearances on “Get up”. A show that has less room for hot takes encourages at least a bit of analysis and more actual knowledge. 

Ryan Clark named his top 5 teams yesterday and had the Bills at #4 and Foxworth said he had no issues with the list. 

Bomani? He’s a POS IMHO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

This is first I’ve heard of these two.  They are both morons.  I’ll continue to not watch or listen to either.  

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I'd love to see any QB in the league play with KB and Zay Jones as their top two. 

Dude, I was just getting over that, and you, had to remind me... 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Gotcha, I can see that. I was lucky enough to live in south florida when Bomani did a weekly full show with them, and they could do 20-30 minute segments and get deep into the nuance of race conversations, but all sorts of stuff serious and silly, including some of the best actual sports radio you'd hear anywhere. I think the issue people have with espn talking race is less the topic and more that they have to fit it into 4-6 minute segments.

Don't get me wrong, Bomani and Stan Van Gundy definitely have a very specific perspective on race, but it genuinely isn't political and that comes across when they can talk about it for 20 minutes and really explain their positions and explain their biases...the 4 minutes of actual content and having to fit in 4 people's point of views really does a terrible job of letting people do that and that carries over across all not just espn, but all network and cable tv.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well he’s a jerk. During a podcast earlier in the year he said white folks are just hyping Allen because they don’t like the color of Qb’s frequenting the top of most lists and they want a white qb up there. That’s absolute racist garbage. 

FWIW(not much), Foxworth is much more reasonable in his appearances on “Get up”. A show that has less room for hot takes encourages at least a bit of analysis and more actual knowledge. 

Ryan Clark named his top 5 teams yesterday and had the Bills at #4 and Foxworth said he had no issues with the list. 

Bomani? He’s a POS IMHO. 

Yeah, I heard that too and agree it was bs. Here's my guess...JA is a white guy who had amazing physical talent, and he's another in a line of white qbs that were given opportunity after opportunity to prove it, where a black qb would have already been forced to switch to WR or something. I think using JA as an example for that is wrong, he grinded and worked as hard as anyone to get there, but Bomani might be making the point that for many many equally skilled and sized black qbs there wouldn't have been even that random juco offer. He probably has a point there honestly if that is in fact what he is saying. 

1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

Yeah, I heard that too and agree it was bs. Here's my guess...JA is a white guy who had amazing physical talent, and he's another in a line of white qbs that were given opportunity after opportunity to prove it, where a black qb would have already been forced to switch to WR or something. I think using JA as an example for that is wrong, he grinded and worked as hard as anyone to get there, but Bomani might be making the point that for many many equally skilled and sized black qbs there wouldn't have been even that random juco offer. He probably has a point there honestly if that is in fact what he is saying. 

He didn’t say that. He said white fans are hyping a white qb because they don’t like black ones at the top. He passively accused any white fan that hypes Allen of being a racist because we don’t want a bunch of black qb’s at the top of the list. It’s literally not what you said there at all.... I have no issues with what you just said. And he’s voiced that as well. No issue there. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He didn’t say that. He said white fans are hyping a white qb because they don’t like black ones at the top. He passively accused any white fan that hypes Allen of being a racist because we don’t want a bunch of black qb’s at the top of the list. It’s literally not what you said there at all.... I have no issues with what you just said. And he’s voiced that as well. No issue there. 

I know, I'm trying to see if maybe there is subtext I missed. I heard the same podcast and felt it was for sure misguided when he said it and caused me do double take as well. 

Edited by HardyBoy

16 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I know, I'm trying to see if maybe there is subtext I missed. I heard the same podcast and felt it was for sure misguided when he said it and caused me do double take as well. 

I’m fairly certain he was guiding it right where we wanted.... any nobody batted an eye. 

B Jones may be educated, but he’s not smart. He’s got the I don’t like JA who at 15 made some foolish texts. As if that should be held against him the rest of his life. Very pro any black QB and anti JA. Apparently referenced JA throwing like W Moon and claims Bills fans didn’t like it. Acting like Bills fans weren’t educated about how great W Moon was. WMoon was great! And he actually along with James Harris(Bills/Rams) Doug Williams paved the way for the many great black qb’s we are now seeing. Saying JA is good doesn’t diminish the current plethora of really good black QB’s. B Jones has a plan for his narrative and he’s sticking to it. 

• Like (+1) 1