Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I listened to about two minutes of his podcast yesterday. That last two minutes i will ever tune into.

To summarize:

1. He holds a major grudge over the Bills handling of Tyrod. Both the benching of Tyrod in favor of Peterman and the subsequent trading of Tyrod after he helped lead the Bills to their first postseason in 17 years.  This grudge is in part some of the reason why he dislikes Allen to a degree and a large reason why he dislikes Buffalo. Compared it to the Lions firing Caldwell after too many 9-7 seasons. Acknowledged that race plays a part.

2. It's not "good enough to just be a good QB" WTF? He believes Allen is good but has a fatal flaw. Too much hero ball. He also believes Allen could never make the 4th down TD throw that Jackson made to Brown the other night. As he put it, when Allen decides to run he runs. He won't keep his eyes down the field and throw. Again, WTF?

3. He seems to think there was some level of hypocrisy among the Bills organization and their fans in their love of Allen through his first two years but their insistence of getting rid of Tyrod. Similar level of play between the two in his eyes. Of course this ignores the fact that Tyrod was on a downward trajectory and a 8 year vet while Allen was always improving and only in his second year. 

All three of his points are complete crap. 

Me: Hindsight is 20/20 and Bills look like geniuses for both moving on from Tyrod when they did and drafting Allen.

Please... Tyrod was afraid to throw the ball and was unwilling to use our best players as anything other than a decoy. 

Allen would get the ball to our playmakers and got better at it each game. 

Theres no comparison whatsoever. Tyrod was who he was always going to be. Allen was growing into being a franchise qb. 

Anyone actually watching the games could tell you that. He’s making excuses for being terrible at what he does. 

If anything we held onto Tyrod too long. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

So, I went ahead and listened to Bomani's podcast and his hatred of Allen is 100% about race.  I think Foxworth is inclined to actually be more objective, but it's as if he wants to please and stay in the good graces of Bomani, so he ends up just parroting what Bomani says.  At least that's the sense I get from listening and watching these guys interact.  Bomani will never get past Tyrod being let go and Allen's tweets (which were immature and dumb (even for a 15 year old), but not particularly shocking or offensive).  It's odd how he views the Bills organization and fans as racist, when at one point we had a QB room full of black dudes (Thad, EJ, Josh Johnson, then Tyrod) and may have been the only team to give Tyrod a shot at starting QB when we did.  We also promoted Perry Fewell and Anthony Lynn to the interim gig which helped further launch their careers.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn't read the whole thread but has Foxworth or Boomani said anything since the Steelers game? 

Bomani had his pod yesterday basically saying Taylor got ran out of town because he was black. and Tried comparing Taylors play in year 6 or 7 to Allens play in year 2. Saying Allen was no better but got every excuse, while totally missing the mark on the fact that one was a vet that was in regression and the other was raw as hell and improving.

he did, however, acknowledge that Allen is playing like a top ten qb this year. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

So what is it?

Just pure speculation on my part, but the fact that they bring up Tyrod Taylor when discussing Allen makes me think their biases are motivated by what they perceive as racism.

- Tyrod Taylor benched for Nate Peterman

- Tyrod replaced by a raw rookie in Allen who put up worst numbers than Taylor

- Josh Allen’s old racially insensitive tweets from 2010

- The portion of Allen defenders who likely may have had racially insensitive things/support very conservative organization on their Twitter profile.  Yes they do exist in the Bills fan base and in all fan bases. But I don’t see it as a big a correlation as Foxworth does.

Again... I could be wrong but this is my impression.   

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Bomani and Dominique are the types that have fallen into the trap of listening to too much mainstream media and see almost everything in life especially sports in the prism of race and black vs white.

I honestly don't think that's a side effect of what most would refer to as "mainstream media".  More a side effect of one pole of an extreme viewpoint.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Simply put, as admitted by them on their podcast they root against guys like Josh Allen because he's white, he replaced a black QB, and a lot of people that like Allen on twitter seem to maybe have conservative leanings (post pics of USA flags and their dogs).

We're flirting at the edges of Scott's request here, but I gotta say that what totally puzzles and flabbergasts me is when did a liking for American flags or for dogs somehow become a sign of conservative leanings?   There are symbols that have become associated with certain viewpoints to where if I see one, I have a pretty good idea where that person stands on a couple issues.  But American flags, and dogs?  Seriously?