Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

13 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Just pure speculation on my part, but the fact that they bring up Tyrod Taylor when discussing Allen makes me think their biases are motivated by what they perceive as racism.

- Tyrod Taylor benched for Nate Peterman

- Tyrod replaced by a raw rookie in Allen who put up worst numbers than Taylor

- Josh Allen’s old racially insensitive tweets from 2010

- The portion of Allen defenders who likely may have had racially insensitive things/support very conservative organization on their Twitter profile.  Yes they do exist in the Bills fan base and in all fan bases. But I don’t see it as a big a correlation as Foxworth does.

Again... I could be wrong but this is my impression.   

Per the bold text, we traded TT to the Browns nearly two months before the ‘18 draft. Allen was barely a gleam in McBeane’s eye when that deal was made. 

But I wonder if Bomani et al reserve the same vitriol for Justin Herbert, who actually took TT’s job while TT was still on the roster. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Bomani had his pod yesterday basically saying Taylor got ran out of town because he was black. and Tried comparing Taylors play in year 6 or 7 to Allens play in year 2. Saying Allen was no better but got every excuse, while totally missing the mark on the fact that one was a vet that was in regression and the other was raw as hell and improving.

he did, however, acknowledge that Allen is playing like a top ten qb this year. 

Oh boy. Now Allen’s tweets from junior high will pop up again. Not what we need trying to win a division. 

Anyways Taylor was never a franchise QB. He was ran out of Buffalo IMO but not because of his skin color. He was ran out the same way Fitzpatrick was, because he wasn't a franchise QB. 

Allen came into the league with a lot of negative attacks. He's earned everything. I hope Foxworth isn't holding Allen’s tweets against him. That's my only guess. He's making this a race thing. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the silliest thing about any of this is trying to say a fan base is x, y, or z. I would think that any fan base has people from all walks of life and  every spectrum. This is going to include very "good" people and very "bad" people. To generalize a fan base is pretty ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold text, we traded TT to the Browns nearly two months before the ‘18 draft. Allen was barely a gleam in McBeane’s eye when that deal was made. 

But I wonder if Bomani et al reserve the same vitriol for Justin Herbert, who actually took TT’s job while TT was still on the roster. 

I agree...the perception of some is that the Bills fans ran Tyrod out of town and that he never got a fair shake.  I remember during 2019 there were countless comparisons between Allen’s numbers and Taylor’s and questions as to whether they made a lateral move in getting rid of Taylor for Allen.

Like I said, if you followed the team under Taylor then you understand the desire to replace him. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I honestly don't think that's a side effect of what most would refer to as "mainstream media".  More a side effect of one pole of an extreme viewpoint.

We're flirting at the edges of Scott's request here, but I gotta say that what totally puzzles and flabbergasts me is when did a liking for American flags or for dogs somehow become a sign of conservative leanings?   There are symbols that have become associated with certain viewpoints to where if I see one, I have a pretty good idea where that person stands on a couple issues.  But American flags, and dogs?  Seriously?

Unfortunately American flags are starting to be a political symbol. Its rubbish and stupid, IMHO, but then again I'm not the one getting offended by them.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Oh boy. Now Allen’s tweets from junior high will pop up again. Not what we need trying to win a division. 

Anyways Taylor was never a franchise QB. He was ran out of IMO but not because of his skin color. He was ran out the same way Fitzpatrick was, because he wasn't a franchise QB. 

Allen came into the league with a lot of negative attacks. He's earned everything. I hope Foxworth isn't holding Allen’s tweets against him. That's my only guess. He's making this a race thing. 

I hope not.  Josh has had three years or so to show his true character and he seems to have passed with flying colors 

2 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Ugh I don't want really want to root for either of them... two bad analysts that make bad takes on purpose to get attention.

Just now, JohnNord said:

I hope not.  Josh has had three years or so to show his true character and he seems to have passed with flying colors 

I can't think of a reason why he'd make this about race. Unless he's really close friends with Tyrod and he felt Tyrod didn't get enough respect for making the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

It all boils down to the racist tweet Josh posted on Twitter in high school.. really that simple. I was a punk kid once too, I made some mistakes as well.. But at what point do you let someone move on? When is the debt repaid? Guy said this 5 or 6 years ago.. When is it okay for us to move on from this? 

It wasn't racist though. He was tweeting something from a movie or song. 

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I listened to about two minutes of his podcast yesterday. That last two minutes i will ever tune into.

To summarize:

1. He holds a major grudge over the Bills handling of Tyrod. Both the benching of Tyrod in favor of Peterman and the subsequent trading of Tyrod after he helped lead the Bills to their first postseason in 17 years.  This grudge is in part some of the reason why he dislikes Allen to a degree and a large reason why he dislikes Buffalo. Compared it to the Lions firing Caldwell after too many 9-7 seasons. Acknowledged that race plays a part.

2. It's not "good enough to just be a good QB" WTF? He believes Allen is good but has a fatal flaw. Too much hero ball. He also believes Allen could never make the 4th down TD throw that Jackson made to Brown the other night. As he put it, when Allen decides to run he runs. He won't keep his eyes down the field and throw. Again, WTF?

3. He seems to think there was some level of hypocrisy among the Bills organization and their fans in their love of Allen through his first two years but their insistence of getting rid of Tyrod. Similar level of play between the two in his eyes. Of course this ignores the fact that Tyrod was on a downward trajectory and a 8 year vet while Allen was always improving and only in his second year. 

All three of his points are complete crap. 

Me: Hindsight is 20/20 and Bills look like geniuses for both moving on from Tyrod when they did and drafting Allen.

I loved Tyrod but it's obvious to everyone (but Bomani) that Allen is light years better. I suppose the Chargers are going to on his **** list because they benched Tyrod for Herbert and Lynn's gonna get fired?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Just pure speculation on my part, but the fact that they bring up Tyrod Taylor when discussing Allen makes me think their biases are motivated by what they perceive as racism.

- Tyrod Taylor benched for Nate Peterman

- Tyrod replaced by a raw rookie in Allen who put up worst numbers than Taylor

- Josh Allen’s old racially insensitive tweets from 2010

- The portion of Allen defenders who likely may have had racially insensitive things/support very conservative organization on their Twitter profile.  Yes they do exist in the Bills fan base and in all fan bases. But I don’t see it as a big a correlation as Foxworth does.

Again... I could be wrong but this is my impression.   

Well yeah, but my comment was about Murray. My point was most people think he is good regardless of his race. I don't think he is held to some higher standard, which was the claim with Tyrod and some of these other minority QB's. When you are good, you're good. I don't think people generally care about anything else (except sometimes with Josh, inexplicably).

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It wasn't racist though. He was tweeting something from a movie or song. 

You may be right, but even if it was racist, where do we go from here? This happened 5 or 6 years ago. When can a person move on from a mistake? Shall we just hold things over people’s heads forever? People change.

• Like (+1) 1

I respect and enjoy all of you as my fellow Bills fan, which is why I don’t bring my politics into all this. Not that I’d like anyone less or more, but its just not relevant and I respect your own interests.

but I’ll say this - I voted Obama twice, and Biden once, and in general broadly support racial justice movements and am generally sympathetic towards most civil rights movements.

I am telling you this, because it gives you a sense of extent of passion, when i say what Foxworth says here might be the most ridiculous take I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

First of all, you’re judging an entire effing fan base by Twitter avatars?!!! That’s 100% absurd. I don’t care if those people are spouting KKK slogans, that does NOT mean they represent a fan base. Second, did you ACTUALLY research what those people tweet, or did you randomly look at 2 people for 4 seconds each?

and then you’re not rooting for Josh Allen because of people on Twitter?! 

good lord the ridiculousness is beyond mind boggling.

again i supper to the racial justice movement. This is not that. This is asinine 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

If Foxworth doesn't like Josh Allen's fans I wonder how he feels about Josh Allen's 28 black teammates who run through walls for him and one another every week.

Or how about the fact that Buffalo is one of the most diverse and liberal cities in America and a lot of Bills fans are black? Just a bizarre and frankly offensive take from Foxworth here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

It all boils down to the racist tweet Josh posted on Twitter in high school.. really that simple. I was a punk kid once too, I made some mistakes as well.. But at what point do you let someone move on? When is the debt repaid? Guy said this 5 or 6 years ago.. When is it okay for us to move on from this? 

If we can forgive Michael Vick for dog killing, Richie Inconito for bullying,  Kareem Hunt for kicking a woman (and so on)....then we can forgive a teenager for quoting a racially insensitive tweet a decade ago

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Is Dominique in trouble ? 

They are doing highly questionable with just Dan and Bomani today. 

He is usually only on HQ on Monday....when I saw the show today was just Bomani, I shut it off....not wasting my time with that.

My fav. combination on HQ is Mina Kimes and Pablo Torre. I hope the two of them are given the show when Dan leaves. If Bomani takes over the show when Dan leaves, I'll stop watching for sure.