Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

And why is that? He’s bringing to light the woke racists at ESPN. Is that not acceptable?

Because he's the other side of the same coin as what Foxworth is doing here. He happened to shed light on something I agree with this time,  but in in general, I have zero respect for arsonists. His entire being is based on getting people angry - either to incite them into support through anger and fear, or incite hatred in people who's politics they disagree with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Can’t link on my phone, but douche canoe tried to explain it away in a response to Poyer and say it was out of context. Poyer’s lady then swatted that down making it very clear it was not taken out of context. Ya hate to see it when a clowns makeup gets smudged. 

I would not want her on my bad side. She seems crazier than Bob Woods. This is getting good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Because he's the other side of the same coin as what Foxworth is doing here. He happened to shed light on something I agree with this time,  but in in general, I have zero respect for arsonists. His entire being is based on getting people angry - either to incite them into support through anger and fear, or incite hatred in people who's politics they disagree with. 

Totally disagree! Listen to his response to this on his podcast. He’s being objective and doesn’t support cancel culture. ESPN is over woke. It’s funny how only one political view can be discussed in media today. But anything else not tolerated. 

• Like (+1) 2

If you have a problem with something Allen tweeted at 15, then freakin get over yourself. Racism is a terrible thing, but at 15, it's entirely a function of what you observe. Not your home, but society & culture through TV and your school.  If you're mad at that, then consider empathy for Josh, for what he witnessed in his young life at that point that led him to post that.

He was also FIFTEEN. We forgive children in this country, because we know they're a long ways from their final product. 

I don't care who Allen voted for, or what party who supports. All I know is that he's a tremendous human being, who's community and team loves him - of al races, gender and creed. If I know nothing else about him,  that is enough to know that Josh Allen is an admirable young man, worth telling kids that this is a role model for how to act

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He won’t get fired nor should anyone for giving his opinion. A decent apology for not so subtly calling many Bills fans racist would do. I’m not into cancel culture but consistently would be good. 

I don’t know if he should get fired or not, but reporters and media personalities due get fired for giving their opinions when they are blatantly wrong and slanderous, as his was. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t know if he should get fired or not, but reporters and media personalities due get fired for giving their opinions when they are blatantly wrong and slanderous, as his was. 

If ESPN feels his comments will hurt their business they should fire him for damaging their reporting credibility, but he should not be fired for having a stupid opinion. 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Totally disagree! Listen to his response to this on his podcast. He’s being objective and doesn’t support cancel culture. ESPN is over woke. It’s funny how only one political view can be discussed in media today. But anything else not tolerated. 

This has nothing to do with political views, and everything to do with his approach and style and intentions. 

Listen, I have 3 political heroes in my adult life, and two of them are Republicans and the other a Democrat. There's 3 guys who I would symbolize as everything that's wrong with politcs in America, and 1 of them is a Democrat the other 2 Republicans.

The first 3 are all human beings first, who empathized and saw others as human firsts. The "bad" 3 are guys who saw people as political weapons, emotions as something to be taken advantage of for your own power and ways to influece. 

Clay Travis and apparenty Foxworth absolutely fall into that latter category. 

This has NOTHING to do with politics and everything to do with "Hot Take to incite people" culture

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

If you have a problem with something Allen tweeted at 15, then freakin get over yourself. Racism is a terrible thing, but at 15, it's entirely a function of what you observe. Not your home, but society & culture through TV and your school.  If you're mad at that, then consider empathy for Josh, for what he witnessed in his young life at that point that led him to post that.

He was also FIFTEEN. We forgive children in this country, because we know they're a long ways from their final product. 

I don't care who Allen voted for, or what party who supports. All I know is that he's a tremendous human being, who's community and team loves him - of al races, gender and creed. If I know nothing else about him,  that is enough to know that Josh Allen is an admirable young man, worth telling kids that this is a role model for how to act

Social media became big when I was about 19.  I'm very thankful it didn't when I was 15 because I'd be scouring old posts and trying to delete them.  15 year olds are pretty much awful (unless they're the types who raise a bunch of younger siblings) and anyone who goes hunting for controversy from someone's adolescence ironically hasn't matured beyond that point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Social media became big when I was about 19.  I'm very thankful it didn't when I was 15 because I'd be scouring old posts and trying to delete them.  15 year olds are pretty much awful (unless they're the types who raise a bunch of younger siblings) and anyone who goes hunting for controversy from someone's adolescence ironically hasn't matured beyond that point.

I have a twitter account with 0 followers and following 3 people.  I can't get into it and probably never will because I think any form of conversation on the internet other than IM (yea, like old school IM) is pointless.  I still call instead of text (and is some mother ***** decides to text me after I call them I never reply).

Human interaction isn't limited to in person.

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I mean, this is even true of our other QB, Jake Fromm. What he said was terrible, inherently racist - but at the same time he's 22 and has lived a basically gilded life in the South, where he hasn't really experienced real life. 

I wish people would use empathy when they look at someone like him, because empathy is the ONLY way to cure racism. That's what Foxworth doesn't get. Maybe he did find some racist tweets of these people with these avatars...but how is just saying I hate them and root against Josh Allen supposed to be constructive?

This isn't a rant against cancel culture either (I have problems with it), but basically a rant against people who who intentionally say the most emotional thing they can think, of rather than trying to use empathy to understand and correct. 

You have a problem with the things some of Allen's followers say? Speak to your personal pain, reach out to Josh, and ask if they can work together to help some of his followers update their ways of thinking by sending them some empathy for how they came to those hurtful opinions. 

Just tired of this hot take BS from everyone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, syhuang said:

taken out-of-context?!?! He probably knows he's about to get fired and starts to back down.

Typical he knew it was an ignorant, just dumb statement.... why do you have to listen to the whole podcast? 

If you watch enough of Foxworth you know where he stands. This was 100% an attack on white Patriots, as if people of all races and colors don’t support Josh.... 

And let’s not get it twisted. Some people just hate Buffalo, Buffalo fans know this.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Bomani was briefly entertaining. He was amusing for a minute, then the race theme took over. It didn’t take long to get tired of his act. If Tyrod was run out for being black, were we unaware of that fact when we brought him IN? We gave him a shot to start, but he refused to even try certain throws. I appreciate Tyrod and his efforts while a Bill. Being associated with Bomani in any way is not a blessing. 

I’m surprised ESPN tolerates someone who comes off as a racist. But then.........it’s ESPN after all. 

I struggle with seeing race in the Tyrod situation.  I noticed that none of the journalists on the beat, even someone like Jerry Sullivan was has proven to be a contrarian and outspoken about social injustice issues, has made this correlation.  

Bills fans loved Tyrod and hoped he would be THE QB.  But it became clear that he was an average game-manager type QB.

He also was not in the best situation in Buffalo starting in 2016 with Rex Ryan’s mismanagement and then in 2017 running a Rick Dennison offense that wasn’t suited for him, and featured a poor supporting cast

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, appoo said:

This has nothing to do with political views, and everything to do with his approach and style and intentions. 

Listen, I have 3 political heroes in my adult life, and two of them are Republicans and the other a Democrat. There's 3 guys who I would symbolize as everything that's wrong with politcs in America, and 1 of them is a Democrat the other 2 Republicans.

The first 3 are all human beings first, who empathized and saw others as human firsts. The "bad" 3 are guys who saw people as political weapons, emotions as something to be taken advantage of for your own power and ways to influece. 

This has NOTHING to do with politics and everything to do with "Hot Take to incite people" culture

I get the hot take position on this.I actually think that DF is pushed by BJ and ESPN clearly to be controversial. Certainly CT in taking the opposing political view gains a following doing that. I’m actually a Libertarian so don’t agree with all each party supports. But CT is contrarian to the current liberal media (sports or otherwise). So he has a voice that is different but I don’t think he enflames politically. But provides a different view and is clearly conservative. Freedom of speech applies to all. Agree to mildly disagree but you shared a better way for me to look at it. So thanks I appreciate you !

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

Im torn on Clay Travis.   

I think he’s ridiculous most of the time. 

That being said, without places like Outkick, people like Domonique Foxworth never get called on any of the divisive, race-baiting takes that permeate ESPN’s sports media now.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, syhuang said:

taken out-of-context?!?! He probably knows he's about to get fired and starts to back down.

Glad Poyer called that trick out. Couldn't stand him, Foxworth, before this idiocy. 

And to Foxworth? :censored: off ho, the bandwagon is full. 

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1