Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

"As high as 7 or 8" is a sneaky diss too. You can only possibly make the argument that at worst, he is 4 behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson. 4 is the absolute lowest ranking u can put Allen. Putting him at 7 or 8 is underrating him.

i disagree. at his worst 4? i love Allen but thats a bit homer-ish.... i think he's in the 4-7 range but i have no problems with somebody saying he's probably 7-8 and need to see more. I personally need to see some good playoff football before i can definitively say he's elite. And IMO thats completely fair. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

1. He holds a major grudge over the Bills handling of Tyrod. Both the benching of Tyrod in favor of Peterman and the subsequent trading of Tyrod after he helped lead the Bills to their first postseason in 17 years.  This grudge is in part some of the reason why he dislikes Allen to a degree and a large reason why he dislikes Buffalo. Compared it to the Lions firing Caldwell after too many 9-7 seasons. Acknowledged that race plays a part.

2. It's not "good enough to just be a good QB" WTF? He believes Allen is good but has a fatal flaw. Too much hero ball. He also believes Allen could never make the 4th down TD throw that Jackson made to Brown the other night. As he put it, when Allen decides to run he runs. He won't keep his eyes down the field and throw. Again, WTF?

3. He seems to think there was some level of hypocrisy among the Bills organization and their fans in their love of Allen through his first two years but their insistence of getting rid of Tyrod. Similar level of play between the two in his eyes. Of course this ignores the fact that Tyrod was on a downward trajectory and a 8 year vet while Allen was always improving and only in his second year. 

All three of his points are complete crap. 

1. The Bills had to make a decision as to whether Taylor could be a playoff winning QB. The Jax game gave that answer. The only race that played a part was the race to Lombardi.

2a. Hero ball is only a pejorative if you're not an actual hero.

2b. Exactly ass-backwards. It's Lamar who, when he decides to run, he runs.

2c. Allen hasn't come near 50 yards rushing in his last 6 games. His off-platform throws while scrambling have been killing teams. This take is one of the most ignorant I've seen in pixels and that includes Jet Nation.

3. Todd Collins was regarded exactly the same as Tyrod; Captain Checkdown. The only guy who thinks the situation is different is him and he told us why.

Bottom line, he can sick a bag of ducks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

hmmm.... you'll have to excuse me i get a bit irritated when a progressive network decides it ok to employ multiple individuals saying White Bills fans only like Allen because they're racist. Earlier in the year, just after Allen got named player of the month, he literally said the only reason Allen is getting hyped is because us white fans dont like the what "color" is making up the top of the qb lists nowadays.

I'd rather not have to satisfy any itch. I'd rather the itch not be there at all. there's no room for that sort of trash.

These two fools don’t crap on Darnold, Mayfield, Wentz, or anyone else like they do Allen.  Why?  Because when there was pre draft noise that Lamar should play WR because he wasn’t accurate throwing the football, the return fire came back right using Allen as an example because he was inaccurate too.  Fair argument, however the racial battle line was established and the Jackson vs Allen narrative began without any regard or respect to either QB.  Ironically, it’s these two QBs who were the least likely to succeed who are having the best careers versus their peers, yet the hate continues towards them both.  Truly unfortunate.  I understand the racial undertones that could have been perceived towards Jackson pre-draft, I’m not immune to that.  But that is clearly the catalyst against Allen.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:33 PM, TheBrownBear said:

For as smart as Bomani is, it is telling that he quit his Ph.D. in Econ and chose to be a pop culture writer and critic.  He's bright compared to most of these sports pundit morons, but he's not above a thoughtless "hot take", especially when it comes to race.  

I've only recently realized that race has been at least a small part of the reason why some of these former players and minority analysts have been hating on Josh. I guess my head was in the sand. I didn't realize that benching Tyrod after he threw for less than 70 yards and then replacing him with Allen was such a hot button issue.

Tyrod is, at best, a below average QB. So I never thought it strange that the team would be actively looking to replace him. And we have seen the same thing with the Chargers and their minority coach. Tyrod just isn't good enough and I don't think race had anything to do with the Bills decision.

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It satisfies the "oppressed white guy" and "blacks are racists too" itches that so many on this board need to constantly scratch.

You have names or did you just make all this up ? 

You sound like Bomani here.    This feels like a searching for likes post.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i disagree. at his worst 4? i love Allen but thats a bit homer-ish.... i think he's in the 4-7 range but i have no problems with somebody saying he's probably 7-8 and need to see more. I personally need to see some good playoff football before i can definitively say he's elite. And IMO thats completely fair. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Who is the 4th QB who is better?

Name him.

Then name the 5th and 6th QBs u think are better.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

11 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

So does he dislike Herbert of the chargers because he replaced Tyrod after an injury, which you almost never see, someone losing their spot to injury replacement? Does he dislike the chargers due to this “treatment” of Tyrod?

Tyrod was replaced here because his cieling isn’t even Josh’s floor. Nothing more nothing less

Ravens choose Flacco over Tyrod, Bills choose Allen over Tyrod, Browns choose Mayfield over Tyrod, Chargers choose Herbert over Tyrod (eventually).

But Tyrod isn't the issue here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

It's his whole schtick. ESPN cosigns his garbage too, because it gets views. If you take his one and only schtick away, Bomani Jones is left with nothing. This is how he makes his money. ESPN loves his ignorance.

Gotta give the big SWAGU and Damien Woody their due. Woody played for Patriots and Jets but still giving Bills their props. SWAGU been down from beginning of season. Seen the rise of Josh Allen coming. So has Rex and Dan Orlovsky

I’m sorry....but any time someone brings up Tyrod when evaluating Josh, then you know they are biased and that the argument itself is bigger than his QB play.   What does Tyrod Taylor have to do with whether Josh Allen is a good QB?

Just like Nick Wright, Bomani’s bias toward Josh is  rooted in the decision to replace Tyrod with Nathan Peterman, and then the decision to move on from him.  To compound things, Josh did have those decade old tweets come out which was fuel to the fire. 

Both Wright, Jones and other writers looked at the move on a surface level and assumed it racism.  Fans and journalists close to the situation saw the move for what it was - a chance to start a QB that could score more points.  

In the case of Wright, he’s now looking to troll the fan base like his colleagues Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd.  Bomani looks to be going this route as well, those the insinuations of racism from the fan base tell me his feelings are a bit more authentic 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gotta give the big SWAGU and Damien Woody their due. Woody played for Patriots and Jets but still giving Bills their props. SWAGU been down from beginning of season. Seen the rise of Josh Allen coming. So has Rex and Dan Orlovsky

Keyshawn is due up on NFL live tonight for the first time since his whole "the bills haven't beaten anyone" BS from last week. They were talking bills last night on the show and already hinted that they had something extra for him when he joins them tonight.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Don Otreply said:

If you click on the show it’s the same as giving them money, why do you want to give them money?????, what does this say about those that complain, yet still give them money??? 

I’ve seen them enough that I don’t fall for it. Blatantly anti JA and on the edge of racist. But always mad about how KM is evaluated. Sorry they have crowded KM top QB without him earning it. It’s woke political race baiting at its finest. 

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’ve seen them enough that I don’t fall for it. Blatantly anti JA and on the edge of racist. But always mad about how KM is evaluated. Sorry they have crowded KM top QB without him earning it. It’s woke political race baiting at its finest. 

How is Kylar Murray evaluated? I feel like most people think he is a good QB.

What I do notice is that people love it when Jackson and Murray run around, but if Josh does they say it's bad and that he shouldn't. I don't get that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

How is Kylar Murray evaluated? I feel like most people think he is a good QB.

What I do notice is that people love it when Jackson and Murray run around, but if Josh does they say it's bad and that he shouldn't. I don't get that.

you're not wrong... but i think it may have a bit to do with the style in which its done. The other 2 rarely take any substantial hits and arent loose with the football.... Josh's runs lately just have me yelling "cover the ball" and "GO DOWN". And this is coming from a guy(me) that thinks maybe we should let him use his legs a bit more. LOL.

34 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You have names or did you just make all this up ? 

You sound like Bomani here.    This feels like a searching for likes post.  

I'm not a fan of either of these guys or their schticks. But the question was Why are Bills fans still paying these nobodies so much attention 3 months after the original topic was started, and that's why.

It's a pissing match over who is more oppressed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It satisfies the "oppressed white guy" and "blacks are racists too" itches that so many on this board need to constantly scratch.

Not sure what you mean. Bills mafia and McClappy loved TT and wanted him to be the guy. So much so they didn’t draft Mahomes. Racism goes both ways and in this woke ESPN world it’s ok to racist but only in one direction. I don’t listen to these guys because I know what they are going to say. Angry guys projecting is nothing I have any interest in. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you're not wrong... but i think it may have a bit to do with the style in which its done. The other 2 rarely take any substantial hits and arent loose with the football.... Josh's runs lately just have me yelling "cover the ball" and "GO DOWN". And this is coming from a guy(me) that thinks maybe we should let him use his legs a bit more. LOL.

Well, it started his rookie year when he was just amazing running the ball. Everyone was saying that Allen shouldn't be running it as much. And then you had Jackson over there pretty much ONLY running it and it was fine for him to do.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, it started his rookie year when he was just amazing running the ball. Everyone was saying that Allen shouldn't be running it as much. And then you had Jackson over there pretty much ONLY running it and it was fine for him to do.

I can agree with this. If either of them use their legs they are just taking advantage of their gifts. When Allen has had big games on the ground it’s because he must be bailing early or doing something else wrong. 

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Completely agree, but it isnt just running. Allen is up against the fact that almost every single "analyst" predicted him to fail and fail hard, especially being drafted in the top 10. So now they look for any reason to discount him, even though they are the same actions/reasons used to prop up other players.

The "dangerous play" thing grinds my gears too. Everyone criticizes Allen for playing too much hero ball, or for crazy mistake plays, but he isnt the only one doing it. Hell, Mahomes just took a 30 yard loss on a play this Sunday and folks just kinda chuckle it off. Had that been Allen, it would be used as "proof" he still isnt an elite QB.

It's maddening. The only thing we can really do is ignore it. The good news is, it seems that the tide is starting to turn and people are finally realizing how good Josh really is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Completely agree, but it isnt just running. Allen is up against the fact that almost every single "analyst" predicted him to fail and fail hard, especially being drafted in the top 10. So now they look for any reason to discount him, even though they are the same actions/reasons used to prop up other players.

The "dangerous play" thing grinds my gears too. Everyone criticizes Allen for playing too much hero ball, or for crazy mistake plays, but he isnt the only one doing it. Hell, Mahomes just took a 30 yard loss on a play this Sunday and folks just kinda chuckle it off. Had that been Allen, it would be used as "proof" he still isnt an elite QB.

It's maddening. The only thing we can really do is ignore it. The good news is, it seems that the tide is starting to turn and people are finally realizing how good Josh really is.

Its the preferred fallback plan of anyone that hasnt just admitted they were wrong yet. Saying "Well he's gonna make a few boneheaded plays eventually" and using it as confirmation they were right is beyond dumb. Yes, he's gonna have a handful of WTF plays, but in between those he's gonna have a ton of "WOW" plays while winning game after game after game.... Then when the one boneheaded pick comes its gonna be "SEE THERE!!??? i told you so!!"... its so lazy.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2