Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

I mean, this is even true of our other QB, Jake Fromm. What he said was terrible, inherently racist - but at the same time he's 22 and has lived a basically gilded life in the South, where he hasn't really experienced real life. 

I wish people would use empathy when they look at someone like him, because empathy is the ONLY way to cure racism. That's what Foxworth doesn't get. Maybe he did find some racist tweets of these people with these avatars...but how is just saying I hate them and root against Josh Allen supposed to be constructive?

This isn't a rant against cancel culture either (I have problems with it), but basically a rant against people who who intentionally say the most emotional thing they can think, of rather than trying to use empathy to understand and correct. 

You have a problem with the things some of Allen's followers say? Speak to your personal pain, reach out to Josh, and ask if they can work together to help some of his followers update their ways of thinking by sending them some empathy for how they came to those hurtful opinions. 

Just tired of this hot take BS from everyone

Oh yeah, I don't doubt that he found some racist stuff at all.  Take a large group of people of any ilk and you'll find bad ones.  It's the insinuation that Bills fans are somehow more commonly racist than other fan bases and that this excuses his bias against our most prominent white player specifically, and the fact that this makes him comfortable saying how he feels DESPITE ADMITTING THE BIAS that grinds my gears.

As for cancel culture, I think the term has become a bit overblown (in the sense that some people will label any critique of behavior as a cancel attempt) but I totally agree that empathy needs to lead the way and that the facile nature of internet commentary makes it too easy to type out a quick hate-filled screed and then drop it.  People who never heard the name Jake Fromm took 15 seconds to call him a piece of ***** and then went back to never thinking about Jake Fromm again.  It's the least constructive way to approach mutual aid and personal betterment.

• Like (+1) 3

I can’t believe it took this long to blow up. Like I’ve said before in this thread. During his podcast back in early October Jones blatantly said any hype Allen was getting was from whites that didn’t like the fact that there was too much color at the top of the qb lists. Jones should be under as much fire as Foxworth and it shoulda happened weeks ago. 

Can you freaking imagine if last year in October, a white man on ESPN said the only reason Jackson was getting hype is because people of color just wanted a brother up there with Brady and Rodgers? 

there’s just no room for this trash. It CANNOT not be tolerated from any race, color, or sex. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Worst part of the zeitgeist. There is no redemption, ever

Except that Josh got drafted at #7 overall, signed a $21M fully guaranteed contract, appears to have the total respect of his teammates and coaches, has the team's full confidence as the "Face of the Franchise", has won respect for his humanitarian causes, and has so much respect in the fan community that $700,000 was rapidly donated to a Children's Hospital in memory of his Grandma and in his honor.

What exactly would constitute redemption in your mind?

Make no mistake, Foxworthy's remarks really have only peripheral relationship to Josh Allen.  He's simply fixing on Josh Allen as a proxy for who he thinks Bills Mafia, Josh's fans, are.   And he's wrong.

Though I'd wager most of us do like dogs and the American Flag, but I'd wager the same is true of most NFL fans cross-country.   I mean, dogs man!  I've even got the T-shirt:

https://topatoco.com/collections/jeph-jacques/products/qc-dogsaregood

As said upthread, I have an American flag hanging from my front porch in appropriate weather and light conditions and I'm proud to display it.

Have a dog, too, but she kind of displays herself - "may I pet your dog" is a question she thinks she should answer.

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can’t believe it took this long to blow up. Like I’ve said before in this thread. During his podcast back in early October Jones blatantly said any hype Allen was getting was from whites that didn’t like the fact that their was too much color at the top of the qb lists. Jones should be under as much fire as Foxworth and it shoulda happened weeks ago. 

Can you freaking imagine if last year in October, a white man on ESPN said the only reason Jackson was getting hype is because people of color just wanted a brother up there with Brady and Rodgers? 

there’s just no room for this trash. It shouldn’t not be tolerated from any race, color, or sex. 

Preach

• Like (+1) 3

Nah I like the Candian flag.....

I think it was a joke and Foxworth kept doubling down on HQ and dug such hole that he tried to make a last stand and then made a stupid comment.

I wanted TT to succeed and as I have said over & over, McD & the Offense being an afterthought 2017-19 made it tough to succeed.

He will always have the Peterman stink following him, but damn he's been so much better this year (save KC & NE game plans).😉

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can’t believe it took this long to blow up. Like I’ve said before in this thread. During his podcast back in early October Jones blatantly said any hype Allen was getting was from whites that didn’t like the fact that their was too much color at the top of the qb lists. Jones should be under as much fire as Foxworth and it shoulda happened weeks ago. 

there’s just no room for this trash. It CANNOT not be tolerated from any race, color, or sex. 

I’m old enough to remember when questioning if Lamar’s play style was sustainable at that level long term was racist.... 

It might still be, I can’t keep track.

• Like (+1) 2

Not saying that I agree with Foxworth, but I understand what he's saying.  

He doesn't like the "proud boy" types who support Josh Allen, therefore he can't find it within himself to root for Josh Allen.

Regardless of how you feel personally, that's what he's saying.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’ve tried to look on my Twitter feed and other places.

what did fox worth say exactly?  

link?

For more of his comment:

ESPN host Domonique Foxworth got a bit sociopolitical the other day, blasting fans of Buffalo Bills' quarterback Josh Allen as "people with American flags and dogs and skull and crossbones."

Foxworth — a former NFL cornerback — uttered his blatant stereotype during a chat with ESPN's Bomani Jones. According to Western Journal, Foxworth noted that "I am fully aware that I have biases; and my biases are not based on Josh Allen" — and then he proceeded to rip Allen's fans.

Take a listen:

"It's based on the people that are defending Josh Allen. I would be 100 percent lying if I said that when Josh does something dumb, a little part of me doesn't get happy. ... It's because the people who are telling me that Josh is the Second Coming, and Josh is better than everybody are people with American flags and dogs and skull and crossbones. … If you go just take a dip into their tweet history, it's some really concerning retweets and likes. … It's not about Josh," Foxworth said.

Foxworth added that "generally, I'm pro-player, and I'm looking for ways to understand a player's position and defend a player. But in Josh's case, it's not about him. He is the ground on which we are fighting," Western Journal also noted.

It may come as no surprise that the Bills are one of only six NFL teams with a majority of fans who are Republicans, the outlet added, citing FiveThirtyEight.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not saying that I agree with Foxworth, but I understand what he's saying.  

He doesn't like the "proud boy" types who support Josh Allen, therefore he can't find it within himself to root for Josh Allen.

Regardless of how you feel personally, that's what he's saying.

If he looked hard enough he could find those “types” supporting all 32 starting QBs, including African American QBs.  His stance makes no sense whatsoever.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that Josh got drafted at #7 overall, signed a $21M fully guaranteed contract, appears to have the total respect of his teammates and coaches, has the team's full confidence as the "Face of the Franchise", has won respect for his humanitarian causes, and has so much respect in the fan community that $700,000 was rapidly donated to a Children's Hospital in memory of his Grandma and in his honor.

What exactly would constitute redemption in your mind?

Make no mistake, Foxworthy's remarks really have only peripheral relationship to Josh Allen.  He's simply fixing on Josh Allen as a proxy for who he thinks Bills Mafia, Josh's fans, are.   And he's wrong.

Though I'd wager most of us do like dogs and the American Flag, but I'd wager the same is true of most NFL fans cross-country.   I mean, dogs man!  I've even got the T-shirt:

https://topatoco.com/collections/jeph-jacques/products/qc-dogsaregood

As said upthread, I have an American flag hanging from my front porch in appropriate weather and light conditions and I'm proud to display it.

Have a dog, too, but she kind of displays herself - "may I pet your dog" is a question she thinks she should answer.

Couldn’t have said it better 👍

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he looked hard enough he could find those “types” supporting all 32 starting QBs, including African American QBs.  His stance makes no sense whatsoever.  

It also stems from Josh's old tweets.  I gave Josh the side eye initially as well, but I believe in 2nd chances - 3rd in some cases.  People can mature and change.  It's called growth.

Could you imagine the uproar nation wide if a White Commentator said, “I won’t lie, I kind of enjoy it when Lamar Jackson fails, I mean it’s not him personally it’s his supporters, a bunch of fans doing the WAP dance and waiving BLM flags, I mean it’s some questionable stuff”......

None of what Foxworth said has anything to do with Josh or Football..... so why even say anything? He’s an idiot is what it comes down too.... keep that crap out of sports. That’s exactly what Poyer was saying!!!!

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It also stems from Josh's old tweets.  I gave Josh the side eye initially as well, but I believe in 2nd chances - 3rd in some cases.  People can mature and change.  It's called growth.

He wasn’t talking about Josh at all... he even said it. It was 100% talking about his fans that love the American flag.... what he meant in regards to dogs and crossbones is just beyond me. Most would assume he’s targeting White Patriots specifically.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3