What are you cooking today for the game?

Brennan Huff

I would 100% be on my way to the game right now as I type this. Thanks China. Instead Iā€™m about to throw a chuck roast in the crock pot for French dips later. Also going to throw together some chicken wing dip. What are you guys making for the opener ?šŸ„©šŸŒ­šŸŒ®šŸœ

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So I do a traditional English roast dinner almost every Sunday during NFL season. I vary the meat week to week but starting with chicken for week 1 this year.Ā 

Thatā€™s awesome. I love roasts but thatā€™s not your typical football food. Well I guess you could say itā€™s a Sunday dinner. Either way thatā€™s awesomeĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I do a traditional English roast dinner almost every Sunday during NFL season. I vary the meat week to week but starting with chicken for week 1 this year.Ā 

Sunday dinners during football season are a tradition in our house as well (ever since I was a kid and now with my wife and kids). Chuck roast, pork roast, lamb stew and dumplings, turkey dinner, etc. What a great feeling to sit down and have a nice meal after watching the game.Ā 

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Going simple.Ā  Subs from wegmans.Ā  Might end up buying some chicken wings to throw in the air fryer also.

Us too. Mamaā€™s in the kitchen prepping Sunday dinner, but if we canā€™t find a streaming link, weā€™ll be off to Dave & Busters to watch the game. Gotta keep plans fluid these days..

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Havenā€™t been active on board all week with work the way it is...trying to compensate because I missed you fellas so much.Ā 

'Work the way it is' ā€” hiding under the desk from 'Chatty Cathy'? Ā Maybe you need to increase your archery skills to over 30 yards.

Iā€™m hosting today and have somewhere between 15-20 I think. The last thing that I wanted to be doing was cooking during the game. I already donā€™t want to be hosting. I ordered 10 lbs of pulled pork and a tray of Mac & Cheese from a BBQ restaurant. I made a chicken wing dip, spinach artichoke dipĀ and a taco dip. We have lots of chips and stuff like that. AlsoĀ have 5 gallons of John Dalyā€™s and LOTS of beers and trulys for all of the real men in the room.Ā 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Iā€™m hosting today and have somewhere between 15-20 I think. The last thing that I wanted to be doing was cooking during the game. I already donā€™t want to be hosting. I ordered 10 lbs of pulled pork and a tray of Mac & Cheese from a BBQ restaurant. I made a chicken wing dip, spinach artichoke dipĀ and a taco dip. We have lots of chips and stuff like that. AlsoĀ have 5 gallons of John Dalyā€™s and LOTS of beers and trulys for all of the real men in the room.Ā 

Iā€™m about to crack open my first White Claw

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Homemade wings, homemade pizza on DiCamillo dough, and gin.

Ā 

Probably start off with some Salty Dogs with garden fresh rosemary salt, and go from there.

Ā 

Was hoping to be out on the deck all day but itā€™s currently pouring here.

Edited by 4_kidd_4

Every year itā€™s the same for opening day:

Wings in the turkey fryer ( living in NC, the nearest good wings are 20 miles away at Bizonte pizza,Owned by a couple Of Buffalo brothers)

Labatts and or Canadians

Every Sunday itā€™s something tasty and different but the first and last week of the season is ALWAYS wings.

I was looking forward to grilling some well-aged primo steaks, but it looks like my plans of a nice day of tailgating in my backyard, and patio is being destroyed by this downpour. Just like this whole year has been, LOL. But alas, there is still the game, Pizza and wings it is.šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

Ā 

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

barefoot and supplying food?

shKZ812_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Whereā€™s the ā€œā¤ļøā€œ emoji? I think Iā€™m in love....

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

16 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Already two beers in, I'm not sure I'll be coming much šŸ˜‚

Lots of snacks in the foreseeable future.

I probably will be at halftime if we have a big lead

Edited by Brennan Huff

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Thatā€™s awesome. I love roasts but thatā€™s not your typical football food. Well I guess you could say itā€™s a Sunday dinner. Either way thatā€™s awesomeĀ 

Ā 

It is the British way of doing football foodĀ ā˜ŗļø

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sunday dinners during football season are a tradition in our house as well (ever since I was a kid and now with my wife and kids). Chuck roast, pork roast, lamb stew and dumplings, turkey dinner, etc. What a great feeling to sit down and have a nice meal after watching the game.Ā 

Ā 

Love it. The only difference being my meal is before the Bills game given the time difference. And then I have a sandwich with some of the leftovers on at halftime of the late afternoon (your time) games.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ā 

How'd you end up hosting that many when you didn't want to??!!Ā šŸ¤ŖĀ  BTW, the menu sounds awesome.Ā Ā 

10 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm hunting for some wild game, so whatever I can bag in the next 2.5 hours will be food for the game

Ā 

Mutton for everyone!Ā 

Edited by RyanC883