Marcell Dareus is in Buffalo and posted a picture of himself getting a manicure at a Hamburg nail salon

Fingon

38 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That is the wrestling of the 70s.  Modern wrestling is all about using leverage and hand fighting techniques to insert your thumb into your opponents rectum.  Penetration is a point and two knuckles is a win.

@Royale with Cheese This is why I was High School State Champion 4x, JUCO National Champ 4x, All-American, NCAA National Champ 4x,  and 3x Bronze Medalist in the Special Olympics💩

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Grappling is the best fighting style.  All this karate and kung fu is just BS.  

The only striking that's effective is boxing and kickboxing

For 1 on 1 fighting grappling is good to know.. but if you’re street fighting, taking someone down to the ground can leave you exposed and can be dangerous... i think boxing is the best fighting style to know.. my favorite fighters like Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson and Jon Bones Jones all knew how to lay a haymaker.. Mike Tyson was the most dangerous fighter on earth at one point in time.. Kickboxing can create a lot of space and distance between you and your opponent.. very rarely do you see a kickboxer land a blow to the head... but you can cave somebody’s knee in if you kick them at the right spot and at the right time.. so in closing I would say that grappling is absolutely not the best fighting style.. I’d say boxing, grappling and kickboxing in that order...

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Are you serious?

Want to introduce a potential cancer into the organization?  He will be "highly motinvated" to be back with the organization that sent him packing.

There is a reason why Jax didnt bother to sign him.

Look at all the "Wild Child's" the Pats welcomed over the years with open arms.   At a certain point and I feel the Bills roster is there, there is a culture created that could handle Dareus and keep him properly focused or there will soon be another pic of him getting his nailed done on the way out of town.

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

For 1 on 1 fighting grappling is good to know.. but if you’re street fighting, taking someone down to the ground can leave you exposed and can be dangerous... i think boxing is the best fighting style to know.. my favorite fighters like Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson and Jon Bones Jones all knew how to lay a haymaker.. Mike Tyson was the most dangerous fighter on earth at one point in time.. Kickboxing can create a lot of space and distance between you and your opponent.. very rarely do you see a kickboxer land a blow to the head... but you can cave somebody’s knee in if you kick them at the right spot and at the right time.. so in closing I would say that grappling is absolutely not the best fighting style.. I’d say boxing, grappling and kickboxing in that order...

I think the early UFC proved the grappling is the best (wrestling or BJJ) because it was style on style.  Now everything is mixed martial arts.

James Toney thought he could knock out a grappler and Couture subbed him with an arm triangle I think in 2 minutes.  

If a grappler can manage the distance and times his take down well....fight is over.

But yes, in a more than 1 on 1 situation, you don't want to go to the ground.  If it is one on one, grappling is the best because you can literally control your opponent.

I don't box as much now, I'm more focused on BJJ now.  I wanted to learn both because it's the best.

When I sparred with pure boxers, they lit me up.  When we opened it up to take downs, I took them down at will and once I mounted them, they couldn't get me off of them.  Or when they gave me their back, which they did a lot because they don't know ground defense, it was over.

I love boxing but it has a major hole.

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry, but if you don’t get a mani-pedi you’re really missing out.  I’m 6’4 and i go every three weeks.  It’s amazing, and honestly I didn’t go until I was 32 and then was pissed I had been missing out on this my whole adult life.  

It you’re a man whose comfortable with their manhood, there is no reason to not go or be embarrassed about going.  

That being said, I seriously doubt they would ever bring Dareus back after dumping him for a case of natural light 2 years ago.  

Who are you kidding Dawg?  You just like having you’re hands and feet fondled by some pretty young girl.  😇👌👍

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Look at all the "Wild Child's" the Pats welcomed over the years with open arms.   At a certain point and I feel the Bills roster is there, there is a culture created that could handle Dareus and keep him properly focused or there will soon be another pic of him getting his nailed done on the way out of town.

I think the culture is there, but we need more wins and achievements to properly pull it off. When push comes to shove with these problem children, you need the wins/rings to back it up.

A victory in the playoffs would be a good start. We pull that off this year (at least), then I think we can start taking bigger personnel risks next year.

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah everything NEw England does is the way to go for sure.

So who was the wild child Defensive Tackle the Patriots signed in the past, Albert Haynesworth.  How did that work out?

Dareus is such a great gem and New England is so smart, why dont they sign Dareus to replace the one and only Beau Allen?

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the early UFC proved the grappling is the best (wrestling or BJJ) because it was style on style.  Now everything is mixed martial arts.

James Toney thought he could knock out a grappler and Couture subbed him with an arm triangle I think in 2 minutes.  

If a grappler can manage the distance and times his take down well....fight is over.

But yes, in a more than 1 on 1 situation, you don't want to go to the ground.  If it is one on one, grappling is the best because you can literally control your opponent.

I don't box as much now, I'm more focused on BJJ now.  I wanted to learn both because it's the best.

When I sparred with pure boxers, they lit me up.  When we opened it up to take downs, I took them down at will and once I mounted them, they couldn't get me off of them.  Or when they gave me their back, which they did a lot because they don't know ground defense, it was over.

Fair enough.. we’ll just have to agree to disagree.. I’m a way better grappler than I am a boxer.. but it  sounds like you have more experience than I do.. what do you do when your opponent is 6 inches taller than you and outweighs you by 100lbs? Kickboxing would surely be useful there.. or what happens if you’re getting mugged by 3 guys? In that case I’d rather be adept at boxing.. Grappling is such an easy way to control an opponent 1 on 1 but if I had to pick one universal style of fighting it’d be boxing... Mike Tyson was a bad, bad man in the 90s.. probably the greatest fighter this planet has ever seen... Maybe Cassius Clay could take him but if I could be like any fighter of all time it’d be Tyson.. he could probably wreck three good fighters at the same time... I hate watching people grapple... boring..

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Fair enough.. we’ll just have to agree to disagree.. I’m a way better grappler than I am a boxer.. but it  sounds like you have more experience than I do.. what do you do when your opponent is 6 inches taller than you and outweighs you by 100lbs? Kickboxing would surely be useful there.. or what happens if you’re getting mugged by 3 guys? In that case I’d rather be adept at boxing.. Grappling is such an easy way to control an opponent 1 on 1 but if I had to pick one universal style of fighting it’d be boxing... Mike Tyson was a bad, bad man in the 90s.. probably the greatest fighter this planet has ever seen... Maybe Cassius Clay could take him but if I could be like any fighter of all time it’d be Tyson.. he could probably wreck three good fighters at the same time... I hate watching people grapple... boring..

I would MUCH rather be on the ground with someone bigger than me, than on my feet.  

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

He was the first example of the process

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I couldn't recall if he got canned by this regime or the one prior but i think you are dead right.

He absolutely was.  The way it went down sent a very clear message of, "you're either with me or you're against me," from McDermott to everyone on the roster.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Don't get me wrong, I love boxing.  I've trained in it because of how effective it is.  In a street situation with multiple opponents, unless you have idiots who are going to stand in front of you, it has it downside too.  Guys with any sense would have someone come after you from different angles like your back.

This is why IMO, against multiple attackers, I think judo would be the best.  I've trained with judo guys before and I was shocked how fast they can throw you.  I remember the first time, I didn't know what happened....I was just laying on my back in a daze and that was a mat.  Just imagine if that was the street on that hard surface.

I don't think Tyson is even in the top 10 of boxers of all time.  He destroyed the decent fighters but couldn't beat the elites.  Holyfield and Lewis dominated him.  He doesn't have the notable wins like a Mayweather, Holyfield, PacMan, Leonard, Ali, Robinson, Louis etc....

If Tyson would have walked into the UFC ring when it first started, I think he would have been subbed easily by a Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock etc....

Boxers put a lot of weight on that front leg so a good kickboxer would target that.  If landed correctly, it only takes one kick.

BJJ was developed so the smaller guy could take the bigger guy.  If he's well trained, he's going to drain the bigger guys battery before going offensive.

I've taken guys a lot bigger than me but I do change the approach.  I'm going for the neck.

But yes, size does matter...that's the biggest advantage in a fight.  You just need to know how to combat it.

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Woah buddy, calm down.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I would MUCH rather be on the ground with someone bigger than me, than on my feet.  

The bigger the person is, the more oxygen the muscles require so on the ground, they fatigue faster.  I'm ankle picking and doing everything I can to take him down and then get on top, hold my position until he's tired. 

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah everything NEw England does is the way to go for sure.

So who was the wild child Defensive Tackle the Patriots signed in the past, Albert Haynesworth.  How did that work out?

Dareus is such a great gem and New England is so smart, why dont they sign Dareus to replace the one and only Beau Allen?

I'm not saying we should mimic NE.  My point is with the right overall culture in place you can sign take some chances.  And I didn't say all of the NE choices worked either.  What I said was if he doesn't work out, you can dump him just as easily.  And maybe NE will.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not saying we should mimic NE.  My point is with the right overall culture in place you can sign take some chances.  And I didn't say all of the NE choices worked either.  What I said was if he doesn't work out, you can dump him just as easily.  And maybe NE will.

Those are fair comments.

Reality on Dareus is he isnt some incredible superstar to even think about signing him, imo.  

53 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'd like to get you in full mount, postured up...:wub:

Apparently one you like taking advantage of:ph34r:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 97bills said:

I wonder if he will Be happy with just 30 mil this time. I mean we at least owe him that all the hard work he put in while his was hear. If you don’t believe me just ask him. 

Is that "while his was hear" supposed to be a pun? 

Nothing wrong with a guy getting his nails done especially if he has the money.

Colored fingernail polish is different thing IMO.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry, but if you don’t get a mani-pedi you’re really missing out.  I’m 6’4 and i go every three weeks.  It’s amazing, and honestly I didn’t go until I was 32 and then was pissed I had been missing out on this my whole adult life.  

It you’re a man whose comfortable with their manhood, there is no reason to not go or be embarrassed about going.  

That being said, I seriously doubt they would ever bring Dareus back after dumping him for a case of natural light 2 years ago.  

Yeah, a lot of stereotyping of acceptable male actions going on up in here. Maybe one day I'd get my nails done, but my reason I haven't isn't because it's not manly, it just feels unnecessary (though this endorsement has me reevaluating if it is more than a looks thing, though I do like to walk around barefoot on rough surfaces, and play guitar, so they would need to leave the bottom of the feet and finger calluses alone). I think that about women getting their nails done and makeup too, like stop worrying about what other people think about you. Easy to say as a 6' tall dude with an athletic build, I know, but my dream is we can get to that place as a society one day...

Anyway, Darius cried when he was traded. Dude has had a super rough childhood and by all accounts is a good guy who has made some mistakes, but overall has worked insanely hard to get to where he got to and the stability he needed just vanished when Rex came in. 

Also, dude worked his absolute butt off to get that big contract. It's likely all he focused on since he was a kid, and again his childhood was really rough. Try and imagine that level of stress for a minute.

Everyday for like 20 years, everyday with moments of terrible anguish along the way. Then he finally reached his goal and you have to think that just pops your motivation for a bit.

So right as his motivation wanes for a bit, in comes Rex and just totally gets rid of the accountability, you have Mario Williams complaining about their roles and boom that motivation suddenly is incredibly hard to get back.

Then McDermott comes in, and it sounds like Darius actually bought in and was ready to get that drive back, but just his reputation and the size of his contract made it so he was traded. 

I have no clue if I'm right, just sense I get, but I fully trust McBeane to figure that out talking to him and seeing what kind of shape he's in if they do bring him in for a workout.

That said, the judgment from people, most of whom haven't worked a fraction as hard at anything in their lives as Darius did to get to be a top draft pick and get a massive second contract in the nfl, is a bit astounding. Sitting with your feet up in a recliner with a beer in your hand calling an elite athlete lazy for having a completely understandable lapse in motivation.

• Like (+1) 3

Seriously, you all need to read this...to call Marcell Dareus lazy is just flabbergastingly misinformed. He's the literal definition of the process.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/marcell-dareus-alabama-crimson-tide-defensive-tackle-nfl-draft#:~:text=Dareus' father%2C Jules%2C passed,were hard to come by.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

“Come to Buffalo and be the best version of yourself”

Isn’t that what this regime has touted?

I am unsure if MD will ever regain his old form. I do have some empathy for his past. That doesn’t mean he should be given a pass for inconsistent commitment and effort. I also don’t think he’s a cancer. He’s a troubled dude that I hope can find his path. Finding that path will be up to his own personal work and whether or not somebody gives him the opportunity to prove it. 

I do think he can be productive in the right environment  at the right price. 1 year, vet minimum or slightly more. He’s of no danger of destroying a locker room. That’s never been his MO. His worst behavior is self destructive. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Yeah, a lot of stereotyping of acceptable male actions going on up in here. Maybe one day I'd get my nails done, but my reason I haven't isn't because it's not manly, it just feels unnecessary (though this endorsement has me reevaluating if it is more than a looks thing, though I do like to walk around barefoot on rough surfaces, and play guitar, so they would need to leave the bottom of the feet and finger calluses alone). I think that about women getting their nails done and makeup too, like stop worrying about what other people think about you. Easy to say as a 6' tall dude with an athletic build, I know, but my dream is we can get to that place as a society one day...

Anyway, Darius cried when he was traded. Dude has had a super rough childhood and by all accounts is a good guy who has made some mistakes, but overall has worked insanely hard to get to where he got to and the stability he needed just vanished when Rex came in. 

Also, dude worked his absolute butt off to get that big contract. It's likely all he focused on since he was a kid, and again his childhood was really rough. Try and imagine that level of stress for a minute.

Everyday for like 20 years, everyday with moments of terrible anguish along the way. Then he finally reached his goal and you have to think that just pops your motivation for a bit.

So right as his motivation wanes for a bit, in comes Rex and just totally gets rid of the accountability, you have Mario Williams complaining about their roles and boom that motivation suddenly is incredibly hard to get back.

Then McDermott comes in, and it sounds like Darius actually bought in and was ready to get that drive back, but just his reputation and the size of his contract made it so he was traded. 

I have no clue if I'm right, just sense I get, but I fully trust McBeane to figure that out talking to him and seeing what kind of shape he's in if they do bring him in for a workout.

That said, the judgment from people, most of whom haven't worked a fraction as hard at anything in their lives as Darius did to get to be a top draft pick and get a massive second contract in the nfl, is a bit astounding. Sitting with your feet up in a recliner with a beer in your hand calling an elite athlete lazy for having a completely understandable lapse in motivation.

Year 1 was dumping contracts, eating dead money, and accumulating picks.  I don't think it was a tank, but the goal was a faster roster flip rather than trying to rebuild.  He was the highest paid player, and his dead money that year was absurd... but the books have been pretty clean since then, so it was largely a success.  

1 minute ago, Mango said:

“Come to Buffalo and be the best version of yourself”

Isn’t that what this regime has touted?

I am unsure if MD will ever regain his old form. I do have some empathy for his past. That doesn’t mean he should be given a pass for inconsistent commitment and effort. I also don’t think he’s a cancer. He’s a troubled dude that I hope can find his path. Finding that path will be up to his own personal work and whether or not somebody gives him the opportunity to prove it. 

I do think he can be productive in the right environment  at the right price. 1 year, vet minimum or slightly more. He’s of no danger of destroying a locker room. That’s never been his MO. His worst behavior is self destructive. 

Add a motivated Dareus to that DL with Horrible Harry and Oliver and watch out!

• Like (+1) 1