Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Woah it been a while since a good Tyrod Bashing thread. 

He was the best Option the bills had at the time.  he wasn’t the future... He was conservative and struggled to work the middle of the field. But he did some good things, He made a few nice plays... and certainly wasn’t the weakest link on the team. 

The thing that’s weird to me about Tyrod is he gets way more hate than Edwards, Losman, EJ, Bledsoe and a bunch of other Bills QBs that he was better than. (As an aside before anyone argues that Bledsoe was good look at his numbers after his 1st 8 weeks. He was as bad, or worse, than those other guys mentioned). 

Tyrod was what he was. It’s the same as Fitz. They were serviceable bridge QBs that were WAY better than the guys around them. No one is carving out a HOF bust but it shouldn’t be shocking to see them starting games in 2020. There is some good and some bad but certainly not awful. He gave you a chance to win every week. The Bills scored points when he was at the helm and didn’t make mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Tyrod is in his 10th year in the NFL and has made millions of dollars-not bad for a 6th round pick, and he has a Super Bowl ring from his days backing up Joe Flacco.  He's overachieved his whole career in spite of a limited amount of talent.  He must be very well liked among his teammates to last this long.  He & Fitz have done more with little than most backups/part time starters.  Both are starting opening day-amazing!

Fans are fans.  Guys who don’t win for you or are not good on somones fantasy team are “trash”.   The reality is both of these guys have had successful nfl careers for themselves. Successful when you look at career length and money earned. Not many can say they did what they have done.   Tyrod needs Greg Roman.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The thing that’s weird to me about Tyrod is he gets way more hate than Edwards, Losman, EJ, Bledsoe and a bunch of other Bills QBs that he was better than. (As an aside before anyone argues that Bledsoe was good look at his numbers after his 1st 8 weeks. He was as bad, or worse, than those other guys mentioned). 

Tyrod was what he was. It’s the same as Fitz. They were serviceable bridge QBs that were WAY better than the guys around them. No one is carving out a HOF bust but it shouldn’t be shocking to see them starting games in 2020. There is some good and some bad but certainly not awful. He gave you a chance to win every week. The Bills scored points when he was at the helm and didn’t make mistakes. 

NFL fans in general still do not seem to understand that there about 3-5 QBs at any given time who can elevate a team to contender status,  7 to 10 guys who can win in the right circumstances, and another 15-17 who are fringe starters.  These 15-17 are made up of bridge QBs, developing rookies, journeymen vets.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Tyrod is so painful to watch. I hate him because he doesn’t play to his talent because he plays so conservatively. No risk-it,  no biscuit. 

He wasn't no risk first year but between year 1 and year 2 he changed likely because he was told to just let defense control game and avoid turnovers.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not a big Tyrod fan, but I think we’ll see a bit more aggression from him this season. Lynn and him have a good relationship it seems and I’d expect they both know this is his absolute last shot at starting 

If having a guy like Mike Williams who can go up and get the ball and a guy like Keenan Allen who creates a lot of separation doesn't get Tyrod to take more chances then nothing will.

46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ron Howard Voice: It didnt

I don't anticipate it will change much.  I am more concerned with our own QB who waits until guys are open and then uses his unreal arm strength to compensate for lack of anticipation. Some of the camp reviews of throwing guys open are promising, however.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I never got to that point with Tyrod until the 2017 season, though the loss at Seattle really made me wonder, because while he played well - he wasn’t able to bring them back from behind when it mattered.  

To his credit, he did lead the Bills to a lead very late in the 4th quarter against a playoff bound Miami Dolphins team and in the process threw for over 300 yards.  I thought he had turned the corner that day for the better.

A lot of fans didn't get there until 2017. I was definitely in the minority that offseason when I was against picking up his option and pro drafting a Quarterback from the 2017 class. To me it was because the mistakes Fitz made.... people saw how they hurt you.... he threw it to the other team. The mistakes Tyrod made were in the plays that were there to make and he didn't throw the ball. People used to say "he got the first down with his legs, he moves the chains" yea.... and if he let it go Robert Woods was walking untouched into the endzone. You never make the plays you don't attempt. And in the end that was just too many missed opportunities with Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A lot of fans didn't get there until 2017. I was definitely in the minority that offseason when I was against picking up his option and pro drafting a Quarterback from the 2017 class. To me it was because the mistakes Fitz made.... people saw how they hurt you.... he threw it to the other team. The mistakes Tyrod made were in the plays that were there to make and he didn't throw the ball. People used to say "he got the first down with his legs, he moves the chains" yea.... and if he let it go Robert Woods was walking untouched into the endzone. You never make the plays you don't attempt. And in the end that was just too many missed opportunities with Tyrod.

Completely agree.  He left a lot of plays on the field.  Tyrod got a lot of credit for scrambling and his broken play magic but he was Tebowesque in his ability to break a perfectly fine play and resort to backyard football while protection was adequate and receivers were open.

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. It did work for two years.... It’s exactly what Lynn did in 2016 here. It would be great if the 2020 Bills offense is as good as the 2016 Bills offense.... best Bills offense in a long time.... and it’s really not close.

And I'm sure you were all buckets of sunshine and defending Tyrod Taylor and our fine Bills offense.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

And I'm sure you were all buckets of sunshine and defending Tyrod Taylor and our fine Bills offense.

Actually to give him his due Scott, while a bit of a Tyrod sceptic, was saying "hey we score points the problems with this team are elsewhere." 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Guess this is Anthony Lynn’s final season. 

Those poor wide recievers.   

I knew who put the meh face before i even even clicked on it. 

Tyrod sucks and either he will be benched early or Lynn will be fired by the end of the season. When you go into a season with Tyrod as your starter... you dont have a starting QB.

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

I don't get this level of dislike for Tyrod. He helped end the drought and led the Bills to their most productive 3 year stretch since the late 1990's (by that point.) He helped produce 8, 7 and 9 win seasons which isn't that great but in the context of a team that had only 2 winning seasons and 1 .500 season the previous 15 seasons is pretty good especially since Rex messed up the defense the first two years Tyrod was here. He Rex regressed one of the top 2-3 defense in the league to just a top 10 defense the drought would have been broken in 2015 behind Tyrod, Shady and a solid defense. 

After Tyrod led the Bills to a top 10 offense in 2015 in his first year of starting it was the correct call to see what he had in 2016 (Who were the Bills going to take in the 2016 draft anyway, they could have had Dak in the mid rounds instead they took Jones the only other QB's worth anything were Wentz and Goff who went 1 and 2.) He flatlined in 2016 and by 2017 it was clear that Tyrod was what he was a decent lower starting caliber QB.

The Bills didn't "ignore" the need for a QB because they had Tyrod it was pretty clear McD viewed Tyrod as a bridge QB from the moment he got here. Tyrod was brought in during 2015 because the Bills had few other options and earned the chance to prove what he had in 2016. The Bills had every chance to draft Mahomes or Watson in 2017 but a new regime saw the 2018 QB draft class as being better and traded down (which made sense for a regime more interested in rebuilding.) The only draft you could logically say that the Bills passed on a QB because they were comfortable with Tyrod was the 2016 draft and their options were limited to either a big time trade up for picks 1 and 2 which the Bills might not have been able to do anyway. 

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I knew who put the meh face before i even even clicked on it. 

Tyrod sucks and either he will be benched early or Lynn will be fired by the end of the season. When you go into a season with Tyrod as your starter... you dont have a starting QB.

What should the Chargers do: start someone worse than Tyrod or forfeit the season?

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't get this level of dislike for Tyrod. He helped end the drought and led the Bills to their most productive 3 year stretch since the late 1990's (by that point.) He helped produce 8, 7 and 9 win seasons which isn't that great but in the context of a team that had only 2 winning seasons and 1 .500 season the previous 15 seasons is pretty good especially since Rex messed up the defense the first two years Tyrod was here. He Rex regressed one of the top 2-3 defense in the league to just a top 10 defense the drought would have been broken in 2015 behind Tyrod, Shady and a solid defense. 

After Tyrod led the Bills to a top 10 offense in 2015 in his first year of starting it was the correct call to see what he had in 2016 (Who were the Bills going to take in the 2016 draft anyway, they could have had Dak in the mid rounds instead they took Jones the only other QB's worth anything were Wentz and Goff who went 1 and 2.) He flatlined in 2016 and by 2017 it was clear that Tyrod was what he was a decent lower starting caliber QB.

The Bills didn't "ignore" the need for a QB because they had Tyrod it was pretty clear McD viewed Tyrod as a bridge QB from the moment he got here. Tyrod was brought in during 2015 because the Bills had few other options and earned the chance to prove what he had in 2016. The Bills had every chance to draft Mahomes or Watson in 2017 but a new regime saw the 2018 QB draft class as being better and traded down (which made sense for a regime more interested in rebuilding.) The only draft you could logically say that the Bills passed on a QB because they were comfortable with Tyrod was the 2016 draft and their options were limited to either a big time trade up for picks 1 and 2 which the Bills might not have been able to do anyway. 

What at @BarleyNY said isn't dislike. It is the truth. There are people here saying Tyrod sucks. That isn't true. But him being no better than a bridge Quarterback isn't a controversial opinion, or a slight on Tyrod. It is a fact.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not sure Lynn gets fired after this season.

All the COVID changes on their own may save a number of coaches this year as they get a "pass". Especially when it comes to developing a rookie QB with no training camp and preseason.

And then especially so with a team like the Chargers, which seems happy to just be going through the motions as a franchise.

Unless there is a hot Offensive coaching prospect the FO just has to have, but I'm not sure there are any of those left right now with the way they were hired over the last 2 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What should the Chargers do: start someone worse than Tyrod or forfeit the season?

Watching Tyrod play Quarterback sends me to sleep so if I was a Chargers fan and forfeiting were an option.....

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm not sure Lynn gets fired after this season.

All the COVID changes on their own may save a number of coaches this year as they get a "pass". Especially when it comes to developing a rookie QB with no training camp and preseason.

And then especially so with a team like the Chargers, which seems happy to just be going through the motions as a franchise.

Unless there is a hot Offensive coaching prospect the FO just has to have, but I'm not sure there are any of those left right now with the way they were hired over the last 2 seasons.

And they have a nasty D even if losing James is a blow. The Chargers should be a couple of games better than last year and I think that will earn Lynn another crack.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What at @BarleyNY said isn't dislike. It is the truth. There are people here saying Tyrod sucks. That isn't true. But him being no better than a bridge Quarterback isn't a controversial opinion, or a slight on Tyrod. It is a fact.

I guess I took more issue with his statement that the Bills "ignored the QB position" because of Tyrod. When in 2015 they brought in Tyrod to compete for the starting job in a pathetic QB situation. 2016 was the only season that the Bills didn't draft a QB early because they had Tyrod who was coming off of a fine season in his first year starting. And considering in 2016 the Bills only option was a hefty trade up to spots 1 or 2 I don't think it was in the cards anyway. In 2017 the Bills didn't pass on taking a QB because of Tyrod. I have seen that narrative about Tyrod and it just infuriates me because it isn't true at all. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I always liked Tyrod. Thought the crictisim of him was over the top here. He wasn't great or even good but the Bills should've been a lot better team with that offense and him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 if not for Rexs ***** defense.

Thought he'd have more success in Cleveland. I was wrong he fell off quite a bit. 

I'll never understand the Bledsoe love here.... that guy ***** sucked.

I can’t find the posts but I had gone back through his career after the first 8 games. His completion percentage was in the mid 50’s and he had as many turnovers as TDs. He led the league in sacks and had a terrible record to boot (with decent talent around him). He was good for 8 games and then an awful player. He’s the most over-appreciated Bills player in franchise history. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gunner said it well here.  It was not a slight toward Tyrod and I’m not sure how anyone took it that way. 

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I always liked Tyrod. Thought the crictisim of him was over the top here. He wasn't great or even good but the Bills should've been a lot better team with that offense and him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 if not for Rexs ***** defense.

Thought he'd have more success in Cleveland. I was wrong he fell off quite a bit. 

I'll never understand the Bledsoe love here.... that guy ***** sucked.

why?  Because they scored over 22 ppg?

Even EJ Manuel scored over 21 ppg. 
(ducking and hiding)

points are fun.

But really

Tuhrod needed to go. 

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t find the posts but I had gone back through his career after the first 8 games. His completion percentage was in the mid 50’s and he had as many turnovers as TDs. He led the league in sacks and had a terrible record to boot (with decent talent around him). He was good for 8 games and then an awful player. He’s the most over-appreciated Bills player in franchise history. 

what he said. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I guess I took more issue with his statement that the Bills "ignored the QB position" because of Tyrod. When in 2015 they brought in Tyrod to compete for the starting job in a pathetic QB situation. 2016 was the only season that the Bills didn't draft a QB early because they had Tyrod who was coming off of a fine season in his first year starting. And considering in 2016 the Bills only option was a hefty trade up to spots 1 or 2 I don't think it was in the cards anyway. In 2017 the Bills didn't pass on taking a QB because of Tyrod. I have seen that narrative about Tyrod and it just infuriates me because it isn't true at all. 

I agree they didn't pass in 2017 because of Tyrod. They decided to pass first and wait for 2018 and then agreed the paycut with Tyrod. But I still think sticking with him an extra year was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ALF said:

They don't want to put Herbert in there before he is ready

I've always found this to be the smart thing to do even if the rookie outperforms the vet in camp. Let the vet get in there..take the early lumps then the rookie is going to have a lot less pressure when the season is over and fans just sat through the pain of the struggling vet for a few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree they didn't pass in 2017 because of Tyrod. They decided to pass first and wait for 2018 and then agreed the paycut with Tyrod. But I still think sticking with him an extra year was a mistake.

If they didn't like any of the QB's in the 2017 draft then what options did the Bills have to get a proven veteran that would have been better than Tyrod? Given that they were not sold on the draft class Tyrod for one more year was their best option.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If they didn't like any of the QB's in the 2017 draft then what options did the Bills have to get a proven veteran that would have been better than Tyrod? Given that they were not sold on the draft class Tyrod for one more year was their best option.

They didn't pass because they didn't like the 2017 QBs. They passed because Beane wasn't here. 

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh?

Points are fun? The more points you score the better your chances of winning. 😅 Tyrod and the Bills offense were good at scoring points in that 2016 season. 

I agree Tyrods time was up, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they should’ve been a better team with him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 because their offense was pretty damn good. Best offense the Bills have had over the past 20+ years. 

I believe that they had 2 top 10 scoring offenses. 

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

Yep. Really a stand up guy that works hard, has good skills but a number 2 bridge guy. I wish him the best he played hard here, just can’t take it to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1