The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Do what every other place does (and the Bills employees that have already been to the facility doing this).  take temp, Provide a mask, remove every other chair from meeting room. pay cleaners to clean every area a lot.

If the rest of the world can do this, why not these athletes

Exactly.  Every other successful business has figured it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Do what every other place does (and the Bills employees that have already been to the facility doing this).  take temp, Provide a mask, remove every other chair from meeting room. pay cleaners to clean every area a lot.

If the rest of the world can do this, why not these athletes

This sounds easy enough, until, you know........it comes to actually playing football. It’s that part where it gets all physical and people start grappling and sweating and panting and snorting all over each other. THEN it gets a little trickier. It’s not spread out like golf, and even golf has lost some folks. 

I’m often accused of being too optimistic, but this is not one of those cases. 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Exactly.  Every other successful business has figured it out.  

My wife’s employer has roughly 51,000 employees, and about 93% are working from home. Football doesn’t work like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

This sounds easy enough, until, you know........it comes to actually playing football. It’s that part where it gets all physical and people start grappling and sweating and panting and snorting all over each other. THEN it gets a little trickier. It’s not spread out like golf, and even golf has lost some folks. 

I’m often accused of being too optimistic, but this is not one of those cases. 

Exactly what you said.

Maybe...MAYBE...if every player wore full sleeves, gloves, and helmets that included full visors, i.e. no skin was exposed and the face was not exposed, then MAYBE they could keep infection numbers down.

But the way football is currently played? It is the absolute perfect breeding ground for COVID-19. Combine all of the things they tell you NOT to do -- being within six feet of one another, breathing on each other, coming into physical contact with each other -- and you have football.

I don't see how it's possible. I'll continue to be the party pooper in the group and say that the NFL will be able to stage four games AT MOST before having to shut down the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

I mean my kids are being forced back to school with 100s of others on a daily basis and they are not even getting paid so.... I think if the kids have to go back to the school I don't want to hear about this!

Your district didn’t offer an online option?

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I mean my kids are being forced back to school with 100s of others on a daily basis and they are not even getting paid so.... I think if the kids have to go back to the school I don't want to hear about this!

Kids are least susceptible to this.  Social distancing, masks, and proper hygiene protocols are achievable in a school setting.  My son starts college this year and I had wished that he had at least some semblance of normalcy...

4 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Kids are least susceptible to this.  Social distancing, masks, and proper hygiene protocols are achievable in a school setting.  My son starts college this year and I had wished that he had at least some semblance of normalcy...

Man, I feel for you.  Being a freshman on many college campuses is going to so much suck.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This should get interesting when there aren't enough tests for all the civilians & the players are getting tested every day.

you mean like right now?

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Is it still the swab up the nose test? That would suck to do every day.

I test people at a drive thru. Everyone reacts differently to nasopharyngeal swabs. I’ve seen girls in their 20s take it without even flinching and grown men lose their *****. I’ve had it done. It’s not fun and I wouldn’t want it done to me everyday, but these guys are used to being clobbered on a weekly basis. I’m sure Brady would cry though. 

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a joke.  A lab is being contracted to do hundreds or even thousands of test per day, and turning around results in 24 hours, but somehow this is not going to hurt general public testing...where in some cases it takes 4-5 days or more to get a result, not to mention those who live in areas where you can't even be swabbed the same day you request.

It's more like the NFL is throwing much more money per test at this company, than insurance is paying a lab facility for normal schucks like us.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

This is a joke.  A lab is being contracted to do hundreds or even thousands of test per day, and turning around results in 24 hours, but somehow this is not going to hurt general public testing...where in some cases it takes 4-5 days or more to get a result, not to mention those who live in areas where you can't even be swabbed the same day you request.

It's more like the NFL is throwing much more money per test at this company, than insurance is paying a lab facility for normal schucks like us.

If a few thousand extra tests per day (out of 800,000) negatively impacts national testing, then national testing is far worse off than we knew.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I test people at a drive thru. Everyone reacts differently to nasopharyngeal swabs. I’ve seen girls in their 20s take it without even flinching and grown men lose their *****. I’ve had it done. It’s not fun and I wouldn’t want it done to me everyday, but these guys are used to being clobbered on a weekly basis. I’m sure Brady would cry though. 

Brady doesn't need to be tested. His vitamins make him immune. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think if the NFL gets anywhere near 5% in the first two weeks they are in for a world of hurt. No amount of testing will slow that rate down and it is probably too late. Incubation is somewhere between 5 and 14 days, and the NFL opens with zero cases and on the 14th day they have 4.5% positive cases (130 positive cases or 4 per team), it is probably already working through the a ton more. That would be a total failure. 

22 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I bet the players change their tune on this daily testing real quick once they get a few of those nasal swab tests they are awful

I still don’t understand why they have to test that way when the virus is transmitted on droplets from saliva...??‍♂️