Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

I should be and want to be excited. I think next year's 4th dampened my excitement. Glad to have him opposite Brown. Couple things: heard on ESPN considering what we gave up, Diggs has the upper hand in asking for more money. With the length of is contract, that was signed recently, that shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be. Fingers crossed.

More important, I don't ever want to hear Josh apologize for not getting him the ball enough like Cousins did. This is Josh's team and some of his linemates better have his back and straighten Diggs out. If this happens.

Ok what's next, Beane?

1 minute ago, turftoe said:

Why was Minnesota so eager to trade him? Time will tell.

Because he was unhappy and the relationship frayed and got to the point where it couldn't really be saved. You're right, time will tell, but he's truly just a football player with no off-the-field nonsense who doesn't otherwise display diva tendencies. If he's trashing Josh on Twitter a year from now, then it's a pattern that might fit the head case designation, but at this point I just think he's a guy who needs a fresh start.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

I should be and want to be excited. I think next year's 4th dampened my excitement. Glad to have him opposite Brown. Couple things: heard on ESPN considering what we gave up, Diggs has the upper hand in asking for more money. With the length of is contract, that was signed recently, that shouldn't be a problem. Shouldn't be. Fingers crossed.

More important, I don't ever want to hear Josh apologize for not getting him the ball enough like Cousins did. This is Josh's team and some of his linemates better have his back and straighten Diggs out. If this happens.

Ok what's next, Beane?

A 4th rounder next year dampened your excitement?

Incredible

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

Why can't we ever get a big good receiver like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas? I don't think we ever had one in our history 

Eric Moulds?

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

The sticking point for me is are the Bills going to rework his deal?

Usually traded guys want their deal sweetened like when we traded for Shady and whats being reported that DeAndre Hopkins wants a raise.

I like Diggs as a player, but he seemed to whine a lot in Minnesota when things didn't go his way, and that attitude won't fly in Buffalo.   Also the price we paid was way too steep IMO.  We needed a 3rd rounder back this year to even the scales IMO.

I honestly think the coronavirus played a part in this trade.  There is a lot of talk that much of this years offseason could be cancelled and it's already tough to bring rookie Wr's up to speed with a full offseason.  I wonder if the team wanted a vet, knowing they aren't going to have time to get a rook where he needs to be by September.

Good points.

12 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yes, such a head case that he essentially raised his brothers starting at age 14, chose his college based on his proximity to them, is a father now himself, has never been arrested, and a quick Google search shows that he's respected as an incredibly hard worker. 

If anybody throws around any head case or "diva" nonsense about Diggs they're completely wrong.

You left out all the charity work. He’s the hand out turkeys and visit sick kids guy on top of all the rest. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah.  Packaging what the Bills gave up gets them to 20th overall at best.  Again probably looking at the 4rth or 5th best WR.

The way I’m thinking of it.. to get one of the top wr’s in draft it would have been 22 and our second. 

so instead we have Diggs and our second (not to mention it takes two to tango in a trade up)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Why was Minnesota so eager to trade him? Time will tell.

They were not eager. 
they transitioned into more of a run team last year, they throw to Rudolph and Theilen a lot, when things were ugly on offense Diggs got mad because the play calling was dumb. He wanted out and they agreed. Works out great for buffalo, Diggs and the Vikings who need the draft picks on cheap contracts they have cap issues 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

A 4th rounder next year dampened your excitement?

Incredible

Yes. 

It's the little things that get to you?!

I did say I was glad to have him.

Edited by Dopey