Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If Allen is actually the franchise quarterback and proves that he can be a good passer, this is a trade that works. If Allen fails this year, this is another total disaster similar to Sammy Watkins

I like your options: either it's a trade that works, or it's a total disaster.

That's some funny schitt right there. :lol:

Never change, Bills brother.

• Haha (+1) 2

Okay here’s my thought about this deal, at first I thought « oh ***** we just acquired Stefon Diggs, we finally have a true number 1 WR ! » then when i saw that we gave up a 1st round pick, I was a bit disappointed....

But after strong thoughts, i realized that Diggs totally worth a 1st round pick, it’s clearly a awesome move and the goal was to take a WR with the 1st round pick anyway, now we just got one...and damn how talent he is...(2 back to back +1000 yards seasons) he’s got the speed and can run a lot of routes.

We made a big move and showed it to all the nfl that we want to pretend, J.A will have a lot of targets next year ! ?

• Like (+1) 2

So glad we didn't go the 1st round WR route

we don't really have time to wait on a rookie WR to develop. And none of the top 2 talents would have lasted until our pick. We even have an extra 5th this year so the late picks don't even mean much. 

now we just need to focus on our oline and add a couple more playmakers on offense. defense i'm not worried about at all, as long as they are a top 10 unit next season we are fine. 

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of had that reaction.  If we were gonna trade a first round pick, OMG I like Diggs but Hopkins >>> Diggs.

Maybe McBeane evaluate Diggs above Hopkins?  Maybe Texans wouldn’t trade with Bills?  Maybe Hopkins isn’t in the process?

This is a positive trade.  But, Hopkins for less, on the surface, would seem like a better trade.

Regardless, (surprised we had to give up late round picks) this is what McBeane thinks is better than he can get in the 1st (and a proven commodity).  I think we sign a Impactful DE in FA next.

Clowney?  No Clowney and I still like this deal!

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hopkins went for a 4th and under contract until 2023, Diggs you get a 1st and under contract until 2024. Hopkins is better the Diggs. Like the player, but severely overpaid...

Beane was dealing from strength.  Bills had two 5th's and three 6th's.  They still have at least one pick in each round outside the 1st.  Overpaid?  Nah.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s the same people who only look to complain on EVERY thread. They would of been flipping out tomorrow if we didn’t make moves. Now we paid too much. People can of course have fun debating the compensation but there’s a few who cry about every move the bills make. 

Ok, on that we can agree .... I just tire easily of the “if you don’t agree find another team, hater” crowd 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

They were not eager. 
they transitioned into more of a run team last year, they throw to Rudolph and Theilen a lot, when things were ugly on offense Diggs got mad because the play calling was dumb. He wanted out and they agreed. Works out great for buffalo, Diggs and the Vikings who need the draft picks on cheap contracts they have cap issues 

I'm curious to see how Thielen does without Diggs opposite him.  I could see a Smith-Schuster-like decline.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Ok, on that we can agree .... I just tire easily of the “if you don’t agree find another team, hater” crowd 

It’s only 3-4 people. I should just ignore them. They remind me of Jets fans that’s why I suggested them lol. Doom and gloom on everything over there 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They were not eager. 
they transitioned into more of a run team last year, they throw to Rudolph and Theilen a lot, when things were ugly on offense Diggs got mad because the play calling was dumb. He wanted out and they agreed. Works out great for buffalo, Diggs and the Vikings who need the draft picks on cheap contracts they have cap issues 

Theilen is going to take a step back due to teams not having to worry about Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm curious to see how Thielen does without Diggs opposite him.  I could see a Smith-Schuster-like decline.

If he stays healthy. So yeah definitely a good comp for Juju. With cook having a breakout season and them running more I think they might be ok depending on health. They sure lost a lot of talent this offseason though 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m confused...thought it was 4 picks.  Thread title says 2 picks and 2 players.  Which is it?  

It was for a 1st this year, the picks acquired for Teller and Bodine this year, and a 4th next year.

• Like (+1) 1