Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

16 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Great. He is going to want a new deal. Anyone who thinks he is playing on that 4 year 45 mil deal is crazy. They are going to have to renegotiate that. Such an overpay for a number 2. Still no number 1 for Allen to throw to. 6 foot tall receiver, he is Brandin Cooks. Oh well trade the entire draft for Diggs, this will work out well. ?

You need a stiff drink.  Hopefully, you'll recover.

Even if you do rework his contract I’m sure Beane knows what he wants before he agreed to trade for him. 
It won’t be Amari Cooper money so it’s not that huge of a deal. They just need to give him some guarantees and it’ll be all good. 

27 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

What an awful overpay. Diggs isn’t a number 1 he’s basically Cooks he’s a good number 2. What an absolute joke of an overpay. No way would I trade a number 1 for him. Geez!!!

I'm not sure that the NFL community agrees with your perspective... based on what I'm reading around the league.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think they will sweeten it, not totally re-do it. Can add some more guaranteed money to it, and it won’t be out of whack.

More guaranteed $$$ up front for a lower cap hit in years 3 and 4 (when we'll have to think about paying Josh), no doubt...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

STOP COMPARING THIS TO THE TEXANS. 

The Bills do not look bad. It makes the Texans look worse. 

You realize that both trades happened today?  How do you not compare them?   The better receiver went for way less compensation, especially when you factor that moving Johnson offsets part of Hopkins pay. 

Yes it does make the Texans look worse than then Bills.  And I’m to have Diggs on the team.   

Diggs nearly retained his crown as the king of contested catches that he earned in 2017 at a contested catch-rate of … 64.0 percent. Eerily, Diggs brought in 16-of-25 contested targets for the second year in a row. Chalk another one up for “undersized” wideouts playing big. Diggs continues to show that he can win with both his route running and his skills at the catch point, making him one of the more complete wide receivers in the league

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vikingswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/19/stefon-diggs-ranked-as-2nd-best-wr-in-contested-catches-in-2018/amp/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well that certainly makes things interesting! Whole offense coming back, except a major upgrade at WR1. Pick up a solid vet RB behind Singletary, and hopefully Knox develops the way we hope he does.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills can sell tickets to practice just so people can watch Diggs go one-on-one with Tre White. 

Both of these guys are going to be getting better every day with that type of competition. 

Scary thought...if you have to play the Bills this season.

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, technobot said:

Did "it" just get real?

It did just get real.  The process believes it’s the right time to move all in on the foundation they built.

We are attacking this window and still built for the long haul!  

The only piece of the process I question is Daboll?  He has the tools!  Just be an average or slightly above average OC.

9 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Wow,...

I knew he was fast but wow....

I’m even MORE excited if we can play the Redskins every game! 

I do have some minor reservations about the #14, so I hope you can forgive me that. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yes, such a head case that he essentially raised his brothers starting at age 14, chose his college based on his proximity to them, is a father now himself, has never been arrested, and a quick Google search shows that he's respected as an incredibly hard worker. 

If anybody throws around any head case or "diva" nonsense about Diggs they're completely wrong.

Why was Minnesota so eager to trade him? Time will tell.