Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

It's amazing to me how much people value picks past rd3, it is one thing if we were in full rebuild mode and we had space for young guys to make the team, i know this is rare territory for a lot of posters on here but we are in a win now superbowl or bust window and Diggs helps us now. Good teams don't have a lot of guys make the team past the first couple of rounds, I am more than happy giving up our #1 for a player like him, we can pick up the "big WR" in the draft. Great way to end the day, Go bills!

PS: WASH YOUR HANDS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Maybe if a highly projected guy drops. But they weren’t getting an elite WR with that pick.

Exactly . Clearly felt they needed a #1 WR , we had the luxury to trade the 1st we would have risked taking a WR with to grab a proven guy.  

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you happen to remember how much Urban Meyer wanted him? He was the “one that got away” when he chose to stay home and go to Maryland. He and Christian Kirk were Urban’s biggest recruiting heartbreaks. 

Diggs was the one that hurt at the time. He was SO good coming out of high school. I do remember hitting refresh on that and being like “ugh, Maryland.” 

Today was pretty amazing though. Beane is a patient assassin. He’s just quietly sitting there and then within hour he’s added a starting OLB, a starting edge averaging 10 sacks a year and a number 1 receiver. What a wild ride.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

GREAT!!! So now I go months without any sports, and now Day One of the draft is meaningless! What sin did I commit? Or,  more accurately I suppose, which one am I currently being punished for??? 

Happy days. Trust in our guys runs pretty deep. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This puts it in perspective. A move up for a Jeudy or Lamb would have cost a lot more. I’ll take a proven WR for that price with my 3rd year QB. Think NO other AFC team would pay more than AZ did for Hopkins ? Not likely. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if the Bills increased their offer. I just can't see the Texans saying no to our 1st.

I'm still happy. Love Diggs.

Theres a possibility the declined a first from a team that took them to OT in the playoffs for a second in the NFC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Diggs was the one that hurt at the time. He was SO good coming out of high school. I do remember hitting refresh on that and being like “ugh, Maryland.” 

Today was pretty amazing though. Beane is a patient assassin. He’s just quietly sitting there and then with an hour he’s added a starting OLB, a starting edge averaging 10 sacks a year and a number 1 receiver. What a wild ride.

I like how the additions fit like a glove with the schemes in place. That’s the benefit of having coaches in place for more than 2 years at a time. Finally. 

• Like (+1) 5

On the Minnesota message board, they are making fun of Buffalo:

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37813

That's a haul. So long Diggs. Will always remember the Saints game. Saves us a boatload of cap space. Buffalo is where receivers go to die.

Glad Vikings got a 1st for a guy that was more or less forcing a trade.

Also glad he's going to Buffalo. We'll see how well that works out for him. That's one of the last places I'd want to go

Vikings fleeced the Bills, Biils gave up alot but they did upgrade at wide receiver but most of Bills fans said they got fleeced

Diggs had the best years of his CAREER with cousins. Good luck replicating that in buffalo. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Theres a possibility the declined a first from a team that took them to OT in the playoffs for a second in the NFC. 

There’s also the possibility that BOB is mentally insane and got taken out back to the woodshed. that seems like the most probably answer to me.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty much Tre in a nutshell...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Fiend said:

On the Minnesota message board, they are making fun of Buffalo:

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37813

I'de be the same way honestly. I felt like that when we traded Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks that had a terrible offense and wouldn't do anything with Lynch. 

They feel like Josh Allen stinks and Diggs won't do anything.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like how the additions fit like a glove with the schemes in place. That’s the benefit of having coaches in place for more than 2 years at a time. Finally. 

I felt like there were 4 1/2 moves that the Bills HAD to make this offseason. They needed an edge, a low cost Lorax replacement, a RT, a RB (that’s the 1/2) and a #1 receiver. We are a 1/2 day into the offseason and 3 are filled to my satisfaction. Incredible

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I felt lien there were 4 1/2 moves that the Bills HAD to make this offseason. They needed and edge, a low cost Lorax replacement, a RT, a RB (that’s the 1/2) and a #1 receiver. We are a 1/2 day into the offseason and 3 are filled to my satisfaction. Incredible

I'm thinking Anae will be a target with our first pick and Mims with the second...I need to research these Edge guys. Great job so far, but still think we have 1 more trick up our sleeves

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I felt lien there were 4 1/2 moves that the Bills HAD to make this offseason. They needed and edge, a low cost Lorax replacement, a RT, a RB (that’s the 1/2) and a #1 receiver. We are a 1/2 day into the offseason and 3 are filled to my satisfaction. Incredible

But so many guys here know more! If they aren’t happy, we need to be outraged at the incompetence!!!   

:)

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hopkins went for a 4th and under contract until 2023, Diggs you get a 1st and under contract until 2024. Hopkins is better the Diggs. Like the player, but severely overpaid...

For you and the rest of you missing a giant aspect of both of these moves: realize that both these WR trades were INTERconference. BoB may be stupid, but he’s not so stupid to trade his premiere WR to an AFC team that he just played in the playoffs and figures to be a significant playoff obstacle in the future for Houston. Hopkins was never going to an AFC team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep they targeted the specific needs and now they can just add talent from here 

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Today was pretty amazing though. Beane is a patient assassin. He’s just quietly sitting there and then with an hour he’s added a starting OLB, a starting edge averaging 10 sacks a year and a number 1 receiver. What a wild ride.

I have a feeling that Beane "quietly sitting there" is sort of like a Swan, gliding serenely across the surface of a lake...while underneath the water those feet are churning like hell.

• Haha (+1) 5

The thing I can’t help but come back to is the playoff game... 

Irregardless is Allen’s issues in that game, he was let down several times by his pas catchers in that game. Diggs, on the other hand, is best known for one of the biggest plays in NFL history, in the playoffs, with the chips down....

I like it.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'de be the same way honestly. I felt like that when we traded Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks that had a terrible offense and wouldn't do anything with Lynch. 

They feel like Josh Allen stinks and Diggs won't do anything.

F 'em...

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm thinking Anae will be a target with our first pick and Mims with the second...I need to research these Edge guys. Great job so far, but still think we have 1 more trick up our sleeves

I love Mims but no way does he make it to the 3rd Round, IMO. He may have worked his way into the back end of Round 1.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The thing I can’t help but come back to is the playoff game... 

Irregardless is Allen’s issues in that game, he was let down several times by his pas catchers in that game. Diggs, on the other hand, is best known for one of the biggest plays in NFL history, in the playoffs, with the chips down....

I like it.

I am remembering that Josh took shots at the end zone that had a WR caught those balls we win

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Interesting....Smoke and Bease had their career years with Allen

I think we ok here

Every fan message board is like that. They are justifying the trade in their minds. It could work out for them. I only care if it works out for us 

• Like (+1) 2

The price is high, but who cares? Even when we redo his deal, he's the type of player we needed. We need contested catch ability and he's the BEST in the NFL at just that. Perfect trade.

Now go get a pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I still can't believe how young Edmunds is. That's so crazy that beast is only 21.

Younger than most of the LBs in the draft. I know he’s still developing but might be one of my FAVORITE draft picks of the last decade 

• Like (+1) 4