Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

At pick 22 they were looking at probably the 4th best WR, maybe 5th.  And the learning curve for rookies is often steep.  I have no problem with the picks given up and his salary is a bargain.  Not sure why anyone is bitching about, and again, the Texans weren't trading Hopkins to the Bills.

not sure you can call that a fact 

6 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

We are not getting a number one wr in the draft. His experience is much more valuable than relying on a rookie this year.

Exactly, I feel like everyone thought we were drafting Julio jones at #22 this year. Maybe its cuz us Bill's fans are used to having high picks in the 1st. But there's a good chance at best we would have got a possible starter with upside at 22. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, kbarrettb said:

Deepest wr draft and you trade a ton of picks for a number 2. Sound move. This screams ownership wanting a “big” name. You build through the draft. 

‘At 22 they would be picking between Higgins and Shenault. Diggs is proven.

• Like (+1) 2

This is so smart by Beane, he has Allen on the rookie contract and instead of waiting for a draft pick to develop he gets a proven top notch WR on a cap friendly deal. We have been waiting for a GM who knows how to work the system, we have one. 

And it's not just Allen, they have key players on rookie contracts in White, Milano and Dawkins who combined cost less than $7 million against the cap. This is great cap management. 

Don't fret losing the late round picks, with the depth Beane has built he will probably trade someone like a Spencer Long for a 5th at cutdown time. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

So the pick you make this year in the first. You hope it’s a WR who is similar or close to Diggs. The odds of him becoming that, are very low. 

draft picks are severely overrated by many. 

yea it’s a first. But every other pick in that package is a flyer. 

this is fine. 

I couldn't agree more, and it takes time for rookie receivers to develop. Not much else, could've helped our offense as much as this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kbarrettb said:

Deepest wr draft and you trade a ton of picks for a number 2. Sound move. This screams ownership wanting a “big” name. You build through the draft. 

Have you ever watched Diggs play? You are literally insane to call him a #2

Guy is a top 10 receiver in the league and game changer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Diggs is a crazy head case. Good luck trying to control him McDermott. Least respected guy on the entire Vikings team per the other players. 

McDermott has a much better handle on his guys than Zimmer. McDermott has created a culture that is unmatched maybe to Tomlin. 

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not thrilled with the price. Even if the Hopkins trade didn't happen (where a better WR went for significantly less) we overpaid here. 

You only think that because Bill O’Brien is an idiot. 

Look at what he has done to that franchise and tell me again you can base anything on what he has done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not thrilled with the price. Even if the Hopkins trade didn't happen (where a better WR went for significantly less) we overpaid here. 

The trade is #22, the picks acquired for Wyatt Teller and a 2021 4th. You draft a WR at #22 and hope that he becomes as good as Diggs. It's a hefty price but it's not an overpay.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Sanu went for a 2nd. The price is whatever you're willing to pay. I'de rather trade for a proven WR then draft at 22.

• Like (+1) 5