Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

‘At 22 they would be picking between Higgins and Shenault. Diggs is proven.

Why do people keep saying that? Higgins is a back end first early 2nd maybe.

And Shenault is pure trash like I've ben saying for a year now

4 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

As my son reminds me, Diggs didn't like playing with Cousins so will he like playing with a (thus far) lesser accomplished quarterback in Allen?

Allen is gonna feed him the ball like crazy. So, yeah he's going to love him.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, arcane said:

I wouldn't worry about how this looks next to the worst trade in decades, which happened to happen today. Not everyone is a bumbling idiot like BOB unfortunately. 

This is really the point. Just because bill o'brian was dumb, doesn't mean that The Vikings were going to be as nonsensical. You don't trade the best wide receiver in football when you have a young quarterback like Watson, o'brian is the general manager now and I would say so far a dismal failure.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t believe some of you guys on here. Some of y’all would be crying we didn’t acquire any real talent, now complain we gave too much. Just dying to find negative ***** to complain about. Go cheer for the Jets. 

I love the move but cmon man ... it’s ok to not like the move. Stop with the “root for the jets” crap because there’s always fans who don’t want to trade a first and that’s a legit opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Diggs is a crazy head case. Good luck trying to control him McDermott. Least respected guy on the entire Vikings team per the other players. 

We are now at the point where we need to take risks.

Just now, DJB said:

Why do people keep saying that? Higgins is a back end first early 2nd maybe.

And Shenault is pure trash like I've ben saying for a year now

So the Bills still would be looking for a number 1 if they didn’t trade the first for Diggs is what you’re saying?

16 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hopkins went for a 4th and under contract until 2023, Diggs you get a 1st and under contract until 2024. Hopkins is better the Diggs. Like the player, but severely overpaid...

Arizona gave up a 2020 2nd (#40 overall) and 2021 4th + a RB (who the Texans reportedly valued and think can bounce back in their system). 

So the pick was 18 spots later than the pick the Bills gave up. 

Plus we have no idea if the texans were willing to trade Hopkins within the AFC. They sent him to the NFC. For all we know the Bills made an offer. Maybe they wanted Singletary + a pick? Or maybe the Bills preferred Diggs.

We will have to wait and see if more info comes out in the future, but we can’t just assume the Bills could’ve had every player that gets traded.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I love the move but cmon man ... it’s ok to not like the move. Stop with the “root for the jets” crap because there’s always fans who don’t want to trade a first and that’s a legit opinion 

It’s the same people who only look to complain on EVERY thread. They would of been flipping out tomorrow if we didn’t make moves. Now we paid too much. People can of course have fun debating the compensation but there’s a few who cry about every move the bills make. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not thrilled with the price. Even if the Hopkins trade didn't happen (where a better WR went for significantly less) we overpaid here. 

If you don't like the compensation then you just do not understand how difficult it is to find wide receivers like him.

• Like (+1) 1