The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

There is a major difference between trying to give people accurate information and being in a state of complete denial. Trump was literally lambasting the media as blowing up a non-issue just several days ago. But now you want me to believe that Trump is super serious about this? Get the ***** out of here. You say that everyone has Trump derangement syndrome or just listens to the mainstream media. I don't have cable, don't watch cable or mainstream news, and I mostly get my news from the AP. I follow Trump on Twitter he was downplaying this for weeks. You can suck off Trump all you want all the time but a straight reading of his Twitter feed by anyone would show you a man with both too much time on his hands and in a serious state of denial. 

Also the Swine Flu was not as easily transmitted because it had a much shorter incubation period. It's not the same, quit trying to defend everything the guy from the Apprentice does. 

You Amish get snappy when you get your drank on. 

Stop worshipping at the altar of the Twitterverse.  What was the plan that was not implemented?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

250,000 + hospitalized

10,000 + dead

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Also the Swine Flu was not as easily transmitted because it had a much shorter incubation period. It's not the same, quit trying to defend everything the guy from the Apprentice does. 

So, if those were the swine flu stats (& 22 million were infected), and the swine flu was not as easily transmitted as COVID-19, then I would have to assume that you would be ok if we ended up with at least the same numbers during the current pandemic. Because that would actually be an amazing win, if a virus that is easier to transmit ends up affecting fewer people, right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Everybody is concerned with how well the medical community is equipped to handle this potential inundation of hospitals & doctor's offices.  And rightfully so.

But nobody seems to be talking about the REAL crisis of care facilities.  If there are no sporting events to go to for the next month and nobody is supposed to go to the movies or concerts; how in the world will our maternity wards handle the crush they'll face come Christmas and New Years?

You can just watch reruns of Breaking Bad so often before it gets old.  ;)

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I will mark down your prediction but a flu that you don't that you have and are communicable for many days is very concerning as it could have a huge infection rate far greater than a normal flu and even if it is only 50% more deadly (and I have seen rates ranging for morbidity rates from 1-3% compared to .1% for the regular flu) than a normal flu could still easily result in millions of deaths and a huge taxing burden on healthcare systems. 

You have not seen morbidity rates ranging 1-3%.  You have seen mortality rates ranging 0.4-6%.  "Morbidity" and "mortality" are two completely different things.

So shut the ***** up until you know what you're talking about, moron.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

You must be one happy mother******

Why, because I get to see your ignorance on display on here? Trump supporter calling someone ignorant, lol 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You have not seen morbidity rates ranging 1-3%.  You have seen mortality rates ranging 0.4-6%.  "Morbidity" and "mortality" are two completely different things.

So shut the ***** up until you know what you're talking about, moron.

Well, sh it eater is back. How about that. 

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

speaking of perspective...

https://twitter.com/DVATW/status/1238073137813749762

This is so false.

Textile factories in Italy where lots of chinese people works in are located in Prato province, in Tuscany region, and listen, no chinese person in the area is positive to the virus.

It is possible that allowing chinese people back to Italy after the Chinese New Years Eve was a mistake, but it is not the main reason of the disease spread in Italy.

By the way, Italy was the first in Europe to block direct flight from China, but other European countries did not apply any block, so lot of people came back from China to Italy via Amsterdam, for example.

Italy made two big errors and they are well known:

- Hospitals were not ready for the disease, so when the Patient One (we call him so) came to the hospital, covid was NOT diagnosed. In the meantime he spread the disease IN the hospital and lots of doctors and nurses  got infected and they spread the disease to lots of patients.

- The Patient One was well identified, but the Patient Zero (the first that brought the disease in Italy) was NEVER found. It was supposed to be a chinese business man who the Patient One had a meeting with but all the testing were negative. In the meantime, the real Patient Zero spread the disease in other parts of Italy and the disease got out of control in a few weeks.

South Korea, for example, succed to keep track of all the chains and subchains of infection and kept the thing under control.

All countries in Europe are in the same situation of Italy 9 days ago.

I don't know the situation in the US but I fear that the same will happen.

Edited by PaoloBillsFanFromItaly
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

NYC in a state of emergency now per the mayor...

Meaningless.  If it's spreading in NYC, it's in North Jersey, Connecticut, and the lower Hudson Valley.

That's five - at least - different health departments responsible for one outbreak.  

• Like (+1) 2

David Brody is a chief political analyst for Pat Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting network. He, like many evangelicals, is also one of President Trump’s most vocal supporters. But in a tweet this Thursday, he took the unusual step of taking Trump to task over his claims that “anybody” that needs a test for coronavirus will get a test on demand. 

Brody tweeted video showing Trump’s comments while touring the Atlanta CDC headquarters, where he can be seen saying, “They’re there, they have the tests". “Anybody that needs a test gets a test,” Trump says in the video.

Brody tweets:

On Friday March 6th, @realDonaldTrump said, ‘Anybody that needs a test gets a test.’ That is 100% FALSE. Full stop,” Brody wrote. “He was wrong then and it’s wrong today too. Many American citizens want a #coronavirus test right now but can’t get access to one. This is a MAJOR FAILURE.”

In a subsequent tweet, Brody slammed Trump’s leadership skills.

“Being a great leader has many attributes,” he wrote. “Confusing people is not among them. @realDonaldTrump provided false information about testing…multiple times! Invoking hyperbole in certain situations may be permissible but false statements about the #Coronavirus is sloppy & dangerous.”

Even some Trump supporters recognize that lying and making things up is not a viable strategy when dealing with real problems. I'm not into party politics and prefer to think for myself but watching Trump and Pence is like watching a clown show. 

58 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

This is so false.

Textile factories in Italy where lots of chinese people works in are located in Prato province, in Tuscany region, and listen, no chinese person in the area is positive to the virus.

It is possible that allowing chinese people back to Italy after the Chinese New Years Eve was a mistake, but it is not the main reason of the disease spread in Italy.

By the way, Italy was the first in Europe to block direct flight from China, but other European countries did not apply any block, so lot of people came back from China to Italy via Amsterdam, for example.

- Hospitals were not ready for the disease, so when the Patient One (we call him so) came to the hospital, covid was NOT diagnosed. In the meantime he spread the disease IN the hospital and lots of doctors and nurses  got infected and they spread the disease to lots of patients.

- The Patient One was well identified, but the Patient Zero (the first that brought the disease in Italy) was NEVER found. It was supposed to be a chinese business man who the Patient One had a meeting with but all the testing were negative. In the meantime, the real Patient Zero spread the disease in other parts of Italy and the disease got out of control in a few weeks.

South Korea, for example, succed to keep track of all the chains and subchains of infection and kept the thing under control.

Foxx likes posting false information.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Everybody is concerned with how well the medical community is equipped to handle this potential inundation of hospitals & doctor's offices.  And rightfully so.

But nobody seems to be talking about the REAL crisis of care facilities.  If there are no sporting events to go to for the next month and nobody is supposed to go to the movies or concerts; how in the world will our maternity wards handle the crush they'll face come Christmas and New Years?

You can just watch reruns of Breaking Bad so often before it gets old.  ;)

100% accurate. I have a friend who works labor and delivery and we’re always joking about how 9 months after a snow storm, spring break, and Christmas are their busy seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

This is so false.

not exactly sure what you are disputing in that tweet.

are you saying that of 100,00 Chinese nationals from Wuhan/Wenzhou, that not a one who returned after Chinese New Year brought back the coronavirus with them? if that is what you are saying, it seems rather a illogical contention.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There's also the pandemic pu$$y, going out of their way to out sensitive everyone else. I'd say being in between is a good place to be. 

I doubt that very much. This place is full of extremists with bad information and that's about it

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: 

Coronavirus: Ireland closes all schools and says mass gatherings should be cancelled as country goes into lockdown.

Ohio health official estimates 100,000 people in state have coronavirus. 

Matthew Broderick’s Sister Placed in ICU After Testing Positive for Coronavirus.

How to protect yourself at the gym, one of the germiest places around.

Special Report: Italy and South Korea virus outbreaks reveal disparity in deaths and tactics.

Is It Hay Fever, The Common Cold Or Coronavirus?

No, coronavirus is not a good argument for quitting cash.

Why Have So Few Americans Been Tested for Coronavirus?

After problems arose with the C.D.C.’s test, officials could have switched to using successful tests that other countries were already using. But the officials refused to do so, essentially because it would have required changing bureaucratic procedures.

The federal government could also have eased regulations on American hospitals and laboratories, to allow them to create and manufacture their own tests, as Melissa Miller of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine told The Washington Post.

But federal officials did not do so for weeks.

Virginia Postrel observes, “The people who screwed this up weren’t Trumpites. They were the pros.”

How Government Red Tape Stymied Testing and Made the Coronavirus Epidemic Worse: FDA and CDC bureaucrats stopped private and academic diagnostic tests from being deployed.

‘Don’t panic’ says US woman who recovered from coronavirus.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Do you have a better theory?

C'mon...........he can't ..................leave him alone in his ignorance...........

DANA LOESCH: While Progressives Politicize Coronavirus, Trump Moves to Limit China’s Pharmaceutical Control.

ADDED: told ya.

Edited by B-Man

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

C'mon...........he can't ..................leave him alone in his ignorance...........

DANA LOESCH: While Progressives Politicize Coronavirus, Trump Moves to Limit China’s Pharmaceutical Control.

ADDED: told ya.

The guy with Italy ties is more in tune then a Twitter account.... But you guys chose to ignore it b.c it doesn't fit your agenda.

Edited by Hardhatharry

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

The agenda. You know. THE agenda. The BIG agenda. The one he's pushing. THAT agenda.

Man, I haven't had this much fun watching leftists melt down since election night.

Extremists are the ones melting it seems at least in this forum. Is it definitely fun watching you guys get flustered.